India-Forums

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Being an Elder or Senior does not excuse bad behavior

seemarpatelbc Newbie
seemarpatelbc
seemarpatelbc

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:57am | IP Logged
It might not seem as obvious as it truly is, but just because you are older than someone or a senior citizen, that does not excuse you from karma!
I am so tired of this serial ( and others too) from showing how an elder in your family is behaving in an abominable manner and everyone junior is expected to grovel to this person as if they are God. Well if they were god, they wouldn't be behaving in a bad manner, so that point is mote. 

Babyma is unbearable, and so is Akshara, our so called protagonist.  Enough of this grovelling and begging for forgiveness when it is clear that babyma  is in the wrong in every way. For those who adhere to rigid orthodox family structures, even in the Mahabharat, Krsna never approved of blindly obeying and following elders that are in the wrong e.g. Dhritarashtra. 

I am not sure why this show is going in this direction, because i am tired of this ludicrous story line. What is going to be even more infuriating is  when Baby ma will realize her mistake (hopefully before she joins her husband) and simply say one 'Sorry' and that will make up for the decade long abuse and neglect! That's how easy it is to make a grave mistake and still come out on  top! woh, sounds great doesn't it if you are an elder?

Well, let me share that i am an elder in my family and i don't expect to get off for anything. I try each and every day to make personal growth and think long and hard about actions that hurt others. Got a long way to go folks, but the key word is that i am trying, and not relying on those younger than me to put up with any bad behavior from me. Told my teen that i too am subject to consequences for bad choices/behavior and open for reproofs. Infact, the older you are, the more accountable you should be.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Miranjhankarbeats87A HUGE FAN

ar13081993 Groupbie
ar13081993
ar13081993

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seemarpatelbc

It might not seem as obvious as it truly is, but just because you are older than someone or a senior citizen, that does not excuse you from karma!
I am so tired of this serial ( and others too) from showing how an elder in your family is behaving in an abominable manner and everyone junior is expected to grovel to this person as if they are God. Well if they were god, they wouldn't be behaving in a bad manner, so that point is mote. 

Babyma is unbearable, and so is Akshara, our so called protagonist.  Enough of this grovelling and begging for forgiveness when it is clear that babyma  is in the wrong in every way. For those who adhere to rigid orthodox family structures, even in the Mahabharat, Krsna never approved of blindly obeying and following elders that are in the wrong e.g. Dhritarashtra. 

I am not sure why this show is going in this direction, because i am tired of this ludicrous story line. What is going to be even more infuriating is  when Baby ma will realize her mistake (hopefully before she joins her husband) and simply say one 'Sorry' and that will make up for the decade long abuse and neglect! That's how easy it is to make a grave mistake and still come out on  top! woh, sounds great doesn't it if you are an elder?

Well, let me share that i am an elder in my family and i don't expect to get off for anything. I try each and every day to make personal growth and think long and hard about actions that hurt others. Got a long way to go folks, but the key word is that i am trying, and not relying on those younger than me to put up with any bad behavior from me. Told my teen that i too am subject to consequences for bad choices/behavior and open for reproofs. Infact, the older you are, the more accountable you should be.
Agreed...every word apt and correct

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kapa

Didabout Groupbie
Didabout
Didabout

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Well said
Can the cvs plz knock this in their heads?
They r writing nonsense
I can't tolerate any more

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssensgangel.thomas

ssensg Newbie
ssensg
ssensg

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Well said! Totally agree on the above comment.  Infact elders in the family are the most forgiving in nature and view everything in a more matured manner. Bhabi maa is just being an unreasonable elder who fails to see a fathers ( Raj banna) emotional turmoil and prevents him from accepting his own son and daughter in law. CVs need to review this. Please don't spoil the show!!! 
Dilwali89 IF-Dazzler
Dilwali89
Dilwali89

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
I couldn't agree with you anymore. I have always said this. I hate that in our Indian culture you respect your elder even though they are wrong. I am new generation. I believe in giving respect to the person for who they are & not how old they are.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4371519&PID=122394371&#p122394371

They are dragging this track so much, just reading updates.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top