Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Badtameez_Dil thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: -Gan-

Vandu is incubating a special child i Think ...so her delivery timing is flexible...it's like the creatives' idea...you never know when it will be delivered...😆

i really hope its a normal human baby not some alien or having some super natural powers. ðŸ˜†\
which later YHM showcasing sum naag ..naagin or some devil powers phir pata chala bhalla & iyers family r shown fighting with those evil powers & one day raman is hands of those powers..ishita is saving him...😆 just to compete some ither lame show on same time slot😆
vidya.anand thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Badtameez_Dil

i really hope its a normal human baby not some alien or having some super natural powers. ðŸ˜†\
which later YHM showcasing sum naag ..naagin or some devil powers phir pata chala bhalla & iyers family r shown fighting with those evil powers & one day raman is hands of those powers..ishita is saving him...😆 just to compete some ither lame show on same time slot😆

that cracked me up...🤣

with the sort of innovative twists that goes around in mega serials, we cant be 100% sure of anything...supernatural and horror mohabatein bhi possible hai!

Ishita and Raman uniting in their supernatural avatars!
[read uniting as consummating because ab c & C ka matlab mere samaj ke baahar hogaya 😆]
Edited by vidya.anand - 8 years ago
Anuhyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I wanted to rant , rant and rant...
But you all have done a wonderful job of it...so Iam reducing the size of my post...😊

Apart from this Simmi-Subbu pairing mess what else I don't get is...
Why is it that everything should go through IShita in YHMland...
Why can't IShita for once concentrate on her life,husband and children...

She is the bahu of the house , I get it...It's even good to ask her opinion...
But involving her in convincing every member of the family is a strain & stretch...

-K.13- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: EkPaheli

Sometimes I wonder at the so called modern Toshiji and her broad-minded opinions...the woman keeps oscillating from one end to another and as much as I hate to say this - god she seems like such a Indian mom  - because the dumb shit that we witnessed onscreen today is sadly a mirror-image of the people of our times even now...Yes, as much as I hate this shit I cant help but think of something that makes me say this. 

People think daughters shouldnt stay unmarried - because 'Samaj kya kahega' shit is on the top of their minds, like I said,  I have seen an example of this myself - someone I know was married to a guy for almost 4 years, they had a son and the guy and his family were awful to the girl, finally 2 years ago she moved back to her parents and got a divorce in the next six months.

What do you think happened next with her?

She got remarried within a year, thats right a year tops and the parents just wanted to see their girl 'settled' so much, so desperately, apparently they didnt run a proper background check on this new guy and his family as well, despite their experience!

And guess what? She is back to square one once again, because this guy is no better than the first and it seems like the poor thing is headed for another divorce or seperation...and its taking its toll on her so badly. Her first husband wouldnt let her even meet her son, the second one came back from honeymoon with her dropped her off at her mom' and is now unwilling to have her in his home and life again...

The day this stupid, stupid mentality of 'betiyaan bojh hai' and 'beti toh paraya dhan hoti hai' shit along with 'kab take beti ko ghar baithake rakhenge' will prevail with the most famous of them all 'SAMAJ KYA KAHEGA' and 'Tu apni saari zindagi akele kaise bitayegi' remains - till mothers like Toshi and that mentality exist - sadly Simis will never cease to exist in our world and society.

Aani - I agree with you that this mentality is still prevalent in society, regardless of socioeconomic status.

But for 5 months now, we have seen Toshiji spew regressive mentality with no correction or introspection from anyone.  Characters, who formerly voiced their opinion, are now mute in front of Toshiji so drama can progress, but mind you, blame must always end up on Ishita, who also never learns. 

During the Rinki marriage track, Raman & Ishita put in an empty-hearted 30 second effort to dissuade her, but in the end succumbed.  Again we are seeing the same thing.

Some have said if Ishita down right opposes...it could be misconstrued that she still has feelings or unresolved emotions for Subbu.  I don't buy it.  She could easily bring up the point - how can the Bhallas trust a man who would ditch a woman on the basis of a child? What would happen to Ananya if Simmi/Subbu had a child?  His character doesn't have much development so these concerns would be valid.

Plus with Mihir-Rinki supposedly patching things up - does it not reaffirm that young women should be married regardless of the situation because "it will work out?" 

At the end of the day, even if this reflects society...it's still sad on the makers of this show to not offer any introspection or correction.  

Society doesn't need a TV show to just show them the mirror - it needs them to show options to progress.  By "showing society the mirror" but doing nothing just reaffirms and perpetuates such views in my opinion. 

These characters, especially the Bhallas, have been very real & flawed, but now these formerly real qualities are being used for zabardst ka drama with no social message, which is against the very notion of the initial show. 
Edited by krishy13 - 8 years ago
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: krishy13

[

Aani - I agree with you that this mentality is still prevalent in society, regardless of socioeconomic status.

But for 5 months now, we have seen Toshiji spew regressive mentality with no correction or introspection from anyone.  

During the Rinki marriage track, Raman & Ishita put in an empty-hearted 30 second effort to dissuade her, but in the end succumbed.  Again we are seeing the same thing.

Some have said if Ishita down right opposes...it could be misconstrued that she still has feelings or unresolved emotions for Subbu.  I don't buy it.  She could easily bring up the point - how can the Bhallas trust a man who would ditch a woman on the basis of a child? What would happen to Ananya if Simmi/Subbu had a child?  His character doesn't have much development so these concerns would be valid.

Plus with Mihir-Rinki supposedly patching things up - it reaffirms that young women should be married regardless of the situation.

At the end of the day, even if this reflects society...it's still sad on the makers of this show to not offer any introspection or correction.

These characters, especially the Bhallas, have been very real & flawed, but now these formerly real qualities are being used for zabardst ka drama with no social message, which is against the very notion of the initial show. 

Krishy I know sadly despite all the ways we claim we have become modern we still live in a regressive world and culture 

@bold - IKR? But God, if she says something against it she may be considered as ghar ki beti ki khushi ki dushman ðŸ¤ª and if she doesnt and shit hits fan tomorrow, which it will, she still is the scapegoat  - so either ways Ishita is screwed as far as I can see.

@red - dont even get me started on this please when I saw the precap today all I could think of was - WTH, she is in love with him when did this happen and why, why, WHY is it that we still have a half a confession from the couple for whom we watch the show when these guys are clearly leaping territories...if they consummate before our leads do and have a horde of babies, I wont be surprised now, well disappointed for sure if the babies happen but not surprised ðŸ˜³ 

@blue - Urghh, I know...and it sucks!!! 
sky-if thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree G - yhm is very insulting to women at the moment. 

The CVs have lost the plot and are on the road to nowhereland! Given what we heard on the forum from a supposed member of the creative team (that yhm is supposed to be a IshRa Shagun love triangle!! I learnt a new meaning for the term btw), I guess the idea is to keep creating new love 'triangles' - for e.g.
Shagun-Ashok-Mihika
Mihika-Mihir-Rinky
IshRa - Subbu
Param-Simmi-Subbu
Ashok-Mihika-supposed new entry cop who pairs with Mihika..
Etc. etc.

Every triangle somehow hitches on IshRa and leads them to fight like there is no tomorrow and when tomorrow comes, amnesia sets in and IshRa are back to being the loving, understanding couple that gives lectures to the rest of the couples on how to make success of a marriage. ðŸ¤”

Also, not to forget  - every track has to have a mandatory case hearing with out of the world lawyers 'cause the story is an adoptation of the novel 'custody' ðŸ˜•

So much for nayi soch ðŸ˜†
Edited by sky-if - 8 years ago
sky-if thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The Toshiji character could not get more regressive than she has been in the last few months.. 

Atleast with Ishita, the CVs have occasionally had one of the other characters (Raman, Shagun, Madhu, Shravvu even) become the 'voice of the audience' and question her take on some of the sequences (it's another matter that Ishita always gets away with justifying what she did with her long lectures)  - there is no stopping Toshiji though.. months of 'ghar ka chiraag' followed by months of 'beti akele kaise jeyegee'/'samaaj kya kahega'/a variation of this nonsense.
Edited by sky-if - 8 years ago
bsambi thumbnail
Hi just wanted to ask if these posts even get read? Because a lot of fan say the same thing but Indian television has changed much. Am from London and watch yhm every so often and it seems that it just going round in circles. Am quite disappointed that women in this serial are just there to fill a void when the main characters are busy are are getting married, simmi had so much potential as a character. I have been raised by single Punjabi mum who did not see the need to get married again she provided for us more then my dad did when he was alive. And we all have been bought up with good Indian valves with a modern twist. In this day and age they should start changing the way the make out that women hate each other ir make out that they can't change a light bulb without a man. They need to support he for she.x
It's about time that the entertainment industry took a stand and said yes we are going to make that change instead just announcing it.
cutieruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Its all toshiji fault she always hurry up and ruin everything later simply blame ishita
ElOqUeNcE thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Only in reel lif i guess...in reality its not