Is marriage a solution to everything?

-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Looking at YHM's track record, it might seem it is so. I'm just surprised a serial which had promised mature, modern storyline is kinda using marriage as a solution to all issues...like Rinky, Simmi even Sarika-Romi (for a time being). Why can't a woman be just independent and get married only when she's ready? Wouldn't it have been positive to show Simmi fighting her custody battle being a single mom with the support of her family? Why does she need another man to negate the claims of a missing in action father that Param has been?

Sorry I've not been watching YHM for a week or so but keep up with the news related to the show in IF...am feeling kinda insulted as a woman after reading about Subbu-Simmi date. Please don't misunderstand me...Simmi settling down again with another guy is very positive track, just the timing is not right. Wish it was post her divorce and custody battle with Param.

No offense meant to anyone liking this track. Just my honest feelings.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shravsss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
very true Gan...
This is not the right time to bring this up...
Toshiji is shown as the person having most of her generation people's mentality.. of not having a married woman at home that too when she is young...
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
exactly my point...why cant toshi give a breather to her daughters...first she almost ruined rinky's life by fixing her marriage with that fraudster...

and now she is forcing subbu on simmi..."give ur daughter some time to come out of it, woman...her feelings were involved in that marriage...so what if param was a pervert, it will be difficult for her to trust another man, again"
Edited by anjs - 8 years ago
vidya.anand thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
so true Gan...I hate this ideology of Toshi that Simmi akeli hai, bechaari hai...total nonsense...she is not bechaari...she wants to become independent and carry on her life in a good way...she isnt sitting in a corner and weeping for her broken marriage...instead of motivating her, they are literally pulling her down with all this marriage talks...rubbish!
Why cant a woman be happy with her child? and in that process, if ever she falls in love, she can decide her life and remarry...why force things on her? I really dont understand this...
YHM preaches many illogical things! 
PS, I feel this track will end up dirty and crappy too with Simmi ending with Subbu but then Subbu inclining to Ishita causing suspicion in Simmi's mind...
so again Iyer sisters turning out villain in front of Bhalla sisters.
They dont have any good ideas...so just beating around the bush and recycling the crap tracks in a loop

avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Word to word, I agree Gan Di!

Kuch bhi thy r showing aajkal! Hmph!
appuss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
-kri- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Gan...This is another great idea of Toshi Bhalla... This is all that we can expect from her...  This is totally lame. Wish Puttar comes back soon and cleans this mess which has been created by cv's to show his absence.

Simmi and Subbu's wedding...Timing is horrible... 
-K.13- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It's not even Toshiji alone here. She catalyzes it, but one episode they have a female character wanting to be strong & independent and the next...they appear to be fine with marriage.

I hate it. There is no such thing as a single, independent woman bc according to these CVs that doesn't make good entertainment.

Instead - forced relationships supposedly progress the plot.

It's pathetic.

I was so proud of Simmi when she said she was going to start teaching with Raman's help, and now what?

Marriage & relationships are now a mockery on this show, and I don't relate to a single female character anymore.

I am single & in the process of becoming independent - so per this show, am I in the wrong?

Whatever
avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anjs

exactly my point...why cant toshi give a breather to her daughters...first she almost ruined rinky's life by fixing her marriage with that fraudster...

and now she is forcing subbu on simmi..."give ur daughter some time to come out of it, woman...her feelings were involved in that marriage...so what if param was a pervert, it will be difficult for her to trust another man, again"

Agreeddd! Not only tht, what if Subbu is simply getting attached to Simmi so that he can get a glimpse of Ishita everyday. And the way he blamed himself regarding his child's death. A thought to ponder.

Cvs hv nt opened Subbu completely. Is he a chnged man or back with revenge!?

Its going worse day by day...

Something is not right here n that date shit has turned me off completely. I wonder how Simmi agreed to go on for a date with Subbu esp whn she knows he is the reason for Ishita's heart break in the past!
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: avni_19

Agreeddd! Not only tht, what if Subbu is simply getting attached to Simmi so that he can get a glimpse of Ishita everyday. And the way he blamed himself regarding his child's death. A thought to ponder.

Cvs hv nt opened Subbu completely. Is he a chnged man or back with revenge!?

Its going worse day by day...

Something is not right here n that date shit has turned me off completely. I wonder how Simmi agreed to go on for a date with Subbu esp whn she knows he is the reason for Ishita's heart break in the past!

seriously...they dont even have basic common sense, that her going out like this might hamper the divorce n custody case adversely...didnt they hear what pervert said...he already blamed her character...will he think twice from raising this topic in the court...to get ananya's custody ??