Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Fitoor.
It is my most awaited movie of 2016 even ahead of Dangal (I know).

One of the few BW movies where they have gotten everything perfectly right;
- An adaption of the masterpiece "Great Expectations"
- A spectacular cast.
- A great director.
- Music from Amit Trivedi.
- The cinematography and the productions values will be a treat as well.

Can it get any better??
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

great expectations from great expectations

This.

Wonderfully put.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Jagga Jassos looks a train wreck at the moment.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ranbir+Anurag B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aditya+Abhishek

So JJ
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think Abhishek Kapoor makes more commercially viable films than Anurag Basu..Basu makes good films but he is inconsistent..And the kinda films they make are drastically different..Still if am made to choose, its a very tough call..I loved Gangster/ Life in a Metro/ Barfi as much as KPC / Rock On..When it comes to adapting books as films, no one does it better than Abhishek..Its not an easy job when you are adapting a book..Comparisons are bound to arise..But Abhishek actually does a great job with the screen play..KPC is ten times the film 3 Mistakes ever was as a book..The story had way too many things going on & it was a mess..But damn, KPC was a brilliant brilliant film..Impossible to actually believe its based on that crappy book πŸ˜†  So yeah, i am excited to see what he does with Great Expectations..About JJ well, it really does sound like a mess thanks to all the delay & the re-shoots going on..If not for Ranbir, i probably would have given up on it by now..The cast isn't impressive either..At times, i really wish Basu just went with Ileana for JJ cos Ranbir & Ileana had such brilliant chemistry in Barfi.. Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

I think Abhishek Kapoor makes more commercially viable films than Anurag Basu..Basu makes good films but he is inconsistent..And the kinda films they make are drastically different..Still if am made to choose, its a very tough call..I loved Gangster/ Life in a Metro/ Barfi as much as KPC / Rock On..When it comes to adapting books as films, no one does it better than Abhishek..Its not an easy job when you are adapting a book..Comparisons are bound to arise..But Abhishek actually does a great job with the screen play..KPC is ten times the film 3 Mistakes ever was as a book..The story had way too many things going on & it was a mess..But damn, KPC was a brilliant brilliant film..Impossible to actually believe its based on that crappy book πŸ˜†  So yeah, i am excited to see what he does with Great Expectations..About JJ well, it really does sound like a mess thanks to all the delay & the re-shoots going on..If not for Ranbir, i probably would have given up on it by now..The cast isn't impressive either..At times, i really wish Basu just went with Ileana for JJ cos Ranbir & Ileana had such brilliant chemistry in Barfi..

Well to be fair, 3 Mistakes was a crap book. He did a fantastic job no doubt but there was not that high a mountain to climb.

Great Expectations is as good as writing can get. It is a masterpiece. There is so much going on in the book, it has so much depth and layers that it will be extremly hard to make an adaptation that does justice to it.

If they can actually make a movie that is anywhere near the quality of the book than Abisheikh will move up there with as the best director in the country

You are right about JJ. I gave up on that ages ago. The story, the cast and well, everything about that movie is all over the place.
Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Excited for both films, don't get why they are compared, when one is a love story and the other is a musical made for the youth.
JJ should not be judged because of delay, BV also got delayed so did several other films, it does not mean it's a bad film! hilarious to see that those who loved Barfi and are RK fans forget the fact that Barfi was delayed as much as JJ, Anurag Basu works super slow.
Edited by Meherbaan - 8 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

This.

Wonderfully put.

thanxπŸ˜ƒ
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ark above Rk πŸ˜†