Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Update: JAZBAA at CANNES: May 19(pg 1); UN Event on MAY 16(pg 2)

TheDecapitated thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Sanjay Gupta will be travelling to Cannes to present his high-octane thriller JAZBAA that's based on Shin-Yeon Won's Korean film SE-BEUN-DE-I- JEU (SEVEN DAYS) at Cannes Marche Du Film (Film Market). He will not be alone. The film's lead actors Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Irrfan Khan will also be accompanying him along with Akash Chawla of Essel Vision, one of the producers of the film.

IRRFAN KHAN, AISHWARYA RAI BACHCHAN AND SANJAY GUPTA
IRRFAN KHAN, AISHWARYA RAI BACHCHAN AND SANJAY GUPTA

Part footage of the film will be presented to the international press on 19th May 2015.

The film is set in modern day Mumbai and it tells the story of Anuradha Verma (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), a respected, undefeatable lawyer who races against time, corruption, and the guilty to save her daughter from an unusual kidnapper with a peculiar request.

JAZBAA is produced by Essel Vision Productions and Viking. It's directed and written by Sanjay Gupta.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/15/may/news-irrfan-to-join-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-sanjay-gupta-at-cannes-for-jazbaa-promotion.asp

--------------------------------------------------------

Ask Irrfan about it and he reveals, "As far as Cannes is concerned, I might go with Jazbaa' team. We are working out the details but I might go there. You will come to know soon."

He adds further, "The look of the film is the star of the movie. It is shaping up very nice. The film will reveal a new side to Sanjay Gupta."

https://www.clapsnslaps.com/blogs/view/irrfan-khan-i-might-go-to-cannes-with-jazbaa-team

Edited by TheDecapitated - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheDecapitated thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So Aishwarya has 4 appearances at Cannes now. So Excited!!!
Hope the first poster is also released.

It is also confirmed that it is an official remake of South Korean crime/action thriller 'Seven Days' 

"The film is set in modern day Mumbai and it tells the story of Anuradha Verma (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), a respected, undefeatable lawyer who races against time, corruption, and the guilty to save her daughter from an unusual kidnapper with a peculiar request."

Sounds great!!
mushqte thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Oh! Great. But what about the poster?
CANNOT thumbnail
I'm excited for this one because I am currently having a lot of feelings for Aish, plus I like thriller genre a lot.
If the movie has a good script then Aish will have a strong comeback like Sri but if its a bad movie then her comeback is going to be like Karishma's 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Most excited for May 19. Only 5 days to go!
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Most excited for May 19. Only 5 days to go!

Wouldn't it be 7 days?

Anyway.. I don't think any footage will be shown to the public so don't see why fans should be excited. Maybe if they can release the poster, it will be great.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Kaante was also showcased like this, it was IIFA i guess, now Cannes? Why Sanjay Gupta want to showcase a thriller over thr? Isn't it Arty kind of film festival?
TheDecapitated thumbnail
Originally posted by: ponymo

Wouldn't it be 7 days?

Anyway.. I don't think any footage will be shown to the public so don't see why fans should be excited. Maybe if they can release the poster, it will be great.

Lol Ofcourse the footage wouldn't be made public. A teaser of the film was mentioned by many on twitter, that could be released maybe.

But I hope the poster comes out at least!! Eagerly waiting.
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

LET'S TALK AT CANNES

By Roshmila Bhattacharya, Mumbai Mirror | May 13, 2015, 12.14 AM IST

Let's talk at Cannes
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will launch the first look of her comeback film at a UN panel discussion on gender equality.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will unveil the first look of her comeback film, Jazbaa, at the Cannes Film Festival at a closed door United Nations panel discussion on May 16, followed by a media event on May 19. 

Besides Aishwarya, the elite panel includes Oscar nominated actress Salma Hayek, Adele Exarchopoulos, the Palm d'Or winning star of Blue is the Warmest Color and producers of the upcoming film Carol, Christine Vachone and Elizabeth Kushel. The group will talk about gender equality and the role of women in media. 

The film's trailer will be showcased at the event in the presence of producer, Essel Vision business head Akash Chawla, and writer, co-producer-director Sanjay Gupta. When contacted, Akash told Mirror, "Most films define the man as the only hero but in this case all three actors, Aishwarya, Shabana Azmi and Irrfan Khan, have equally significant roles in taking the story forward. And since the trio have a prominent international presence, an event at Cannes, which is the most prestigious film fest, was a welcome opportunity to get the international media together under one roof." 

The film opens on October 9 and Akash points out that Zee Entertainment, which has a strong US presence, is planning a widespread US and global release. "The Cannes market is a great place to connect with international distributors," he asserts. 

Aishwarya will be returning to the big screen five years after Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish with the courtroom drama in which she plays a successful lawyer who has a week to win the most important case of her life.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Lets-talk-at-Cannes/articleshow/47255502.cms
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So that makes it 5 appearances at Cannes for Aishwarya! Whoaa.

This year's Cannes warrants a different thread dedicated to Aishwarya alone!