Mahakumbh 81-84: Inconsistencies abounding - Page 6

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear Ela,

I am delighted to see you back here. I always PM you, and I have missed  you for the last few weeks, but I did not badger you since I assumed you had tired of Mahakumbh and stopped watching it.

I too remember that scene in the DM's office, when Balivesh is being briefed on the side by khoye paaye Pandey about the sectors allocated to Rao., nos. 17, 34 and the crucial 53, for his scientific experiments as part of Project Ganga. Balivesh thereupon starts arguing with Rao about his anusandhan conflicting with the aastha  of the kalpavaasis. At that point, Greyerson is still in Poland, as you too have noted.

I am sure, since you have noted it, that  Balivesh must subsequently have complained to Greyerson about Rao, but unfortunately, I do not remember that bit. The mess in Mahakumbh is such that it has derailed what I used to think was a fairly decent memory!πŸ˜‰

What I do remember is that at one of the Board Meetings of the Secret Society in  Poland, Greyerson briefs the group headed by the Cardinal about Rao, and shows a video clip of his address to the Banaras Hindu University students and faculty about the 7 rakshaks. The Cardinal then instructs Greyeron to have an eye kept on Rao. There was then no indication that Rao was an associate, in fact the boss, of the Cardinal.

More recently, when Greyerson first briefs the 'Veshes about his new boss, he does mention that he never knew that there was anyone above the Cardinal, and more powerful than  he. And later, when they all call on Augustus, Greyerson is shell-shocked. So perhaps he does not know that Rao is such a major crime boss.

Shyamala

Oh Shyamala..thanks for answering me and correcting me dear...I guess I have been under wrong assuptions abt Rao..Since the begining I thought he was Greyson's man..and was cheating Garudas..but since u r a regular watcher of MK , you know better dear..

U r right I watch MK on and off..but still it is way better then other shows going around...I request u to give a try to Akbar Birbal on bigMagic channel..Its a good comedy show..
Shyamalaji 
Mr Babbal has tweeted the show has got an extension of 32 episodes. πŸ˜‰ 
More brainstorming on the forum now on , so you just get well soon and cherish  us with your minutely analysed posts. πŸ˜Š

we have lot of time before we see actual battle. More of everything I guess😑

No expectations from the show. Finite number of episodes was the Promise.😲

Ab kya kahe?' Maya ka Moh'  ya' Moh ki Maya'

More brainstorming on the forum would be good if the extension is utilized well and we get good stuff. Par agar wapas Rudra-Maya ki kahani dikhayenge, or the clueless, fear struck Garuds story will be stretched, tho brainstorming nahin, hum sab brain dead ho jayenge. 

I too am wondering what is the need for the extension. Whey they started off so surely about 120 episode show, they would have planned accordingly right? 
Edited by appukrish - 8 years ago
MK got extension. I hope they make good use of it and not spend the same in more of Rudra-Maya chakkar. Instead the plot is completely unravelled and time spend on giving proper explanations to Bairavi's deal, Rao's plan, and if needed FB of other characters. 
Shyamaldi coming to Shiva I already put in some other post that Shiva's biggest strength was Rudra. he had told earlier also that he survived the torture of 24 years because he believed he will meet his son or rather Garud Pramukh. 
Shiva even teases Dansh with Rudra aayenga. Rudra is Shiva's hope. Whatever happens Rudra will be able to overcome it.
And if you look Dansh before doing anything else hit exactly at that point. Illusion of Rudra captured and tortured. It was killing Shiva's faith infact blind faith that Rudra is infallible. From there on it is downward journey. 

Just imagine yourself you trusted something or someone completely and that trust is broken, then fear overcomes you, distrust comes to you, you will want to do everything yourself, kind of obsession that nothing is trust worthy. 

Now Rudra has to win back the trust, it is not easy to gain back trust once you lose it, especially if it was blind trust. It has to be proven. Rudra had chances in the past which he lost in the chakkar of Maya. Then Leela came. Each chance you loose it becomes harder for you to prove yourself. On the positive side if you prove against adverse situations you create trust for a life time.

Also in a way I would say that viewer's also have to be shown why Shiva trusted Rudra so much. And to make viewer's understand Rudra has to prove himself, right. Till now why he is called Maharakshak. Do you or me have any proof with the current actions of his. Except the bomb scare and giving away Aadi Shakthi. Trust is gained only through actions and only that trust last. 

All great men are like that. Whether it is Krishna, Mahatma Gandhi, Subhash Chandra Bose, Rani Lakshmi Bai, Raja Ram Mohan Roy these men are remembered for their actions, the steps they took, the voices they raised. The transformation they created through the actions. Real heroes are those bring in transformation above personal grief and personal victory and loss though their battle would have been personal. 

And transformation is only through actions and that is the biggest message of BG also " Concentrate on action".

^ Lovely analysis of the episodes by u, Shyamala Di! πŸ˜ƒ
I too want Maya to die & Rudra - Leela marriage! 😳 
Will do, Ela. if you recommend it, it must be worth  a watch. As of now I am following Jodha Akbar (yes, still, though it is  getting tougher  by the day!) , Mahakumbh, Chakravarti Ashoka Samrat with Siddharth (the young Rudra), and now, for the last 3 weeks, Reporters on Sony.

Shyamala

Originally posted by elasingh

I request u to give a try to Akbar Birbal on bigMagic channel..Its a good comedy show..
Thank you so much, my  dear Swetha. I was looking out for you, and missing  your photos!

I think Maya will go by the end, and the Rudra-Leela marriage might happen after Dansh dies in the climactic battle, as a way of uniting the two warring clans of the garuds and the nagas.  Let us see.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by -Swetha-

^ Lovely analysis of the episodes by u, Shyamala Di! πŸ˜ƒ
I too want Maya to die & Rudra - Leela marriage! 😳 
My dear,

I have no great expectations either. As I  wrote on my latest thread, I am in  two minds  about this one. 32 more episodes might give them time tie up the umpteen trailing loose ends and plot holes that plague this show. But that would be the best case hypothesis.

The worse case hypothesis would be wasting most of the extra time on chunks of facile stuff, precisely what I had hoped, in my ending para in the main post, would NOT happen. That is to say lots of weepy Maya, and of the Maya-Rudra-Leela triangle, while the core of the show, the  mahayuddh for the amrit  might still be as sloppily handled as before. That would be intolerable.

Personally, unless they plan to use these 32  extra episodes for  serious plot development and execution, we might be better off with just 120 episodes, ie liberation come July 9. Not that  our interests are going to be the deciding factor!πŸ˜‰

Maya ka Moh'  ya' Moh ki Maya' Very crisp and telling!πŸ‘

Shyamala

Originally posted by seedhibaat

Shyamalaji 
Mr Babbal has tweeted the show has got an extension of 32 episodes. πŸ˜‰ 
More brainstorming on the forum now on , so you just get well soon and cherish  us with your minutely analysed posts. πŸ˜Š

we have lot of time before we see actual battle. More of everything I guess😑

No expectations from the show. Finite number of episodes was the Promise.😲

Ab kya kahe?' Maya ka Moh'  ya' Moh ki Maya'

My dear Aparna,

Do see my response above to seedhibaat on this issue.

That apart, there can be situations when an extension is genuinely needed, even if 80% of the script was worked out in advance.  The recent Mahabharat needed quite a substantial one, but then I never believed the original figure! It was too small for  an epic of this  complexity, and the script was tight and  crisp all thru.

The problems here  are those I have outlined in my latest post, Dark clouds gathering. There are, quite simply, far too many loose ends and odd tracks that are likely to remain open-ended, and that is not good at all for a professional show. And I am afraid  that they are going to use all this extra time, a 25% increase in telecast duration, for light stuff - though not any Rudra-Maya lovey-dovey stuff this time-  and then the climax will suddenly  descend on us!

I shall in any case be out of commission for at least a week after surgery for a TKR on May 30. So after my next post, there will be a gap of a week at the very least, when you can all relax and laugh at the oddities in the script!

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by appukrish

More brainstorming on the forum would be good if the extension is utilized well and we get good stuff. Par agar wapas Rudra-Maya ki kahani dikhayenge, or the clueless, fear struck Garuds story will be stretched, tho brainstorming nahin, hum sab brain dead ho jayenge. 

I too am wondering what is the need for the extension. Whey they started off so surely about 120 episode show, they would have planned accordingly right? 

My dear Aparna,

Do see my response above to seedhibaat on this issue.

That apart, there can be situations when an extension is genuinely needed, even if 80% of the script was worked out in advance.  The recent Mahabharat needed quite a substantial one, but then I never believed the original figure! It was too small for  an epic of this  complexity, and the script was tight and  crisp all thru.

The problems here  are those I have outlined in my latest post, Dark clouds gathering. There are, quite simply, far too many loose ends and odd tracks that are likely to remain open-ended, and that is not good at all for a professional show. And I am afraid  that they are going to use all this extra time, a 25% increase in telecast duration, for light stuff - though not any Rudra-Maya lovey-dovey stuff this time-  and then the climax will suddenly  descend on us!

I shall in any case be out of commission for at least a week after surgery for a TKR on May 30. So after my next post, there will be a gap of a week at the very least, when you can all relax and laugh at the oddities in the script without me!

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by appukrish

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago