Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
My dear Ela,

I am delighted to see you back here. I always PM you, and I have missed  you for the last few weeks, but I did not badger you since I assumed you had tired of Mahakumbh and stopped watching it.

I too remember that scene in the DM's office, when Balivesh is being briefed on the side by khoye paaye Pandey about the sectors allocated to Rao., nos. 17, 34 and the crucial 53, for his scientific experiments as part of Project Ganga. Balivesh thereupon starts arguing with Rao about his anusandhan conflicting with the aastha  of the kalpavaasis. At that point, Greyerson is still in Poland, as you too have noted.

I am sure, since you have noted it, that  Balivesh must subsequently have complained to Greyerson about Rao, but unfortunately, I do not remember that bit. The mess in Mahakumbh is such that it has derailed what I used to think was a fairly decent memory!😉

What I do remember is that at one of the Board Meetings of the Secret Society in  Poland, Greyerson briefs the group headed by the Cardinal about Rao, and shows a video clip of his address to the Banaras Hindu University students and faculty about the 7 rakshaks. The Cardinal then instructs Greyeron to have an eye kept on Rao. There was then no indication that Rao was an associate, in fact the boss, of the Cardinal.

More recently, when Greyerson first briefs the 'Veshes about his new boss, he does mention that he never knew that there was anyone above the Cardinal, and more powerful than  he. And later, when they all call on Augustus, Greyerson is shell-shocked. So perhaps he does not know that Rao is such a major crime boss.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: elasingh

.Hi...I have a very poor memory shyamala...but I think ( most probably) once when first time charles grand dad and Balivesh met in DM's office first time and later when Balivesh complained to Greyson abt Charles grand dad then Greyson who was in Poland had seen him and laughed and said that Rao is his man..(Greyson was with his secretary I think).Infact I remember this remark of Greyson only becoz I have been very surprised to see this goody goody Rao..I think it was made clear in the begining that Rao was after amrit..

anyway thanks for pm..Wonderful analysis Shymala..

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Is Dhanshhh's tongue forked, sticky and long too? If it was an exclusive naag trait, he would have proudly displayed it by now. Perhaps you need to clear certain levels of naag-ishness to obtain the apparatus.  Drishhh? Other 6 naags?🤢
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Shymaladi one quick thought. Rudra gave his Aadi Shakthi right. Can that symbolically mean he sacrificed Maya, because Maya is his wife naa. So Ardhanagini, Aadi Shakthi 😉.
Now don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me, you know my desperation to get rid of Maya😆😆😆 
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Shymaladi one quick thought. Rudra gave his Aadi Shakthi right. Can that symbolically mean he sacrificed Maya, because Maya is his wife naa. So Ardhanagini, Aadi Shakthi 😉.

Now don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me, you know my desperation to get rid of Maya😆😆😆 

👏👏👏

Not just you Shruthi, most of the viewers who are aghast at Maya's waking up and a little consoled by her kidnapping will be relieved if your idea realises.😃
sashashyam thumbnail
I am strictly vegetarian, Shruthi, so no eggs in any case!😉

And no tomatoes either, for I would like it of all things if Maya were to disappear for good ! Only, I  cannot really  see her as Aadi Shakti,  can you, that limp wetrag of a girl?😉 Though if he is to be Rudra, she would have to be Parvati. Why did they not call her that and make things simple?

As for the Neelakanth phase, the halting of the descent of the halahal  will be done by MB, who is not my idea of the lissom, beautiful Parvati either! Kya karein?😉

One more point, Shruthi, in which both of us  were interested.
I am watching the retelecasts of Mahadev regularly, and 3/4 days  ago I  saw  that bit about Mahadev thanking the snakes for coming to help him drink the vish. I had actually seen those episodes the first time around, in end 2012, but I had forgotten about the nagas  coming to help him. He gives them the vardaan  that to worship them would be to worship him, which was probably the beginning of the naagpooja  tradition.

Dansh  was thus quite correct in the version he recounted to Leela, except that he added  bichchoos as well. But  in the essentials, he was accurate, and  we  can now give him credit for that!

But what of the naagbali - that of the Guru Maharaj, he of the forked tongue, should surely qualify? - and the consequent awakening of the shaktis of at least one garud? They all still seem to be not only shaktiheen  but  dimaagheen  as well!😉 I think the writers have forgotten about that bit. 

What bet that they similarly  forget about Dansh's naagmani?😉

Shyamala Di

Shymaladi one quick thought. Rudra gave his Aadi Shakthi right. Can that symbolically mean he sacrificed Maya, because Maya is his wife naa. So Ardhanagini, Aadi Shakthi 😉. Now don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me, you know my desperation to get rid of Maya😆😆😆 

sashashyam thumbnail
Oh Lord, you little wretch! Can it at once! I cannot STAND the idea of any more forked tongues being  waved in our faces.. disgusting!😡 If I want to watch this kind of stuff I  would go to NatGeo, not to Life OK, and see one of their programmes about chameleons!😉

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

Is Dhanshhh's tongue forked, sticky and long too? If it was an exclusive naag trait, he would have proudly displayed it by now. Perhaps you need to clear certain levels of naag-ishness to obtain the apparatus.  Drishhh? Other 6 naags?🤢

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Actually, I was really wondering if all naags have the forked tongue like the garuds have the chinna. And how  the naag babas have forked tongues and not the naag pramukh or the naag guru!  Heirarchy perhaps! 🤣

Or what if they all reveal their assorted tongues  ( forked, slimy, tri-forked, sticky, spotted, green, etc...according to their level of naag-ishness) all in one go during the big grand garud vs naag yudh?🤣
(I am counting on your kaput knee to escape a chase with flying belans and joothis...😆)

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Oh Lord, you little wretch! Can it at once! I cannot STAND the idea of any more forked tongues being  waved in our faces.. disgusting!😡 If I want to watch this kind of stuff I  would go to NatGeo, not to Life OK, and see one of their programmes about chameleons!😉

Shyamala Aunty

Edited by Sandhya.A - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Shymaladi how can Maya be Parvati. We need to strictly understand that Parvati though reincarnation of Sati herself was Shiva's second wife, toh if they strictly go by mythology Rudra needs to have a second wife who is the real Sakthi as Parvati is treated as Shiva's consort always than Sati.
Also we need to understand that Shiv-Sakthi wedding happened for the welfare of the world. In other words Shiva had to marry Parvati because Tarakasur was creating Mayhem with the boon only Shiva's son can kill him. And Shiva was mediating in grief on Sati's loss. It was also another reason that I was bend towards Rudra-Leela marriage. Lok ka kalyan in that wedding. Rudra has to forgo his grief and move ahead for the world. And Bairavi's words always have to taken with a pinch of salt. Her intention is always something else when she says words which according to her only time will reveal. Her clearly using the word Aadi Shakthi and Aada Amrit has lot of deeper meaning.

And for me Shakthi can emerge only if Maya or illusion goes. If you see by giving Aadi Shakthi Rudra's illusion over his father's condition has ended and he is ready to fight with his dad for the larger cause. So even they are showing illusion or Maya lifting after that Aadi Shakthi gone. Hence my assumption.

Even in EHT which touched upon Shiv-Sakthi  the male lead was forced to forgo his grief and let go of his love to marry the girl Durga.( Different thing she is Nithya herself which he knows later only) or rather I would say was forced to accept her in the new avatar as she clearly tells in the end " You have to start calling me Durga"

And thank you for clarifying that snakes part in Samudra Manthan. Coming to this forked tongue I am not liking it at all 🤢. My skin crawled when that guru was drinking milk.

Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
appukrish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Shymaladi how can Maya be Parvati. We need to strictly understand that Parvati though reincarnation of Sati herself was Shiva's second wife, toh if they strictly go by mythology Rudra needs to have a second wife who is the real Sakthi as Parvati is treated as Shiva's consort always than Sati.

Also we need to understand that Shiv-Sakthi wedding happened for the welfare of the world. In other words Shiva had to marry Parvati because Tarakasur was creating Mayhem with the boon only Shiva's son can kill him. And Shiva was mediating in grief on Sati's loss. It was also another reason that I was bend towards Rudra-Leela marriage. Lok ka kalyan in that wedding. Rudra has to forgo his grief and move ahead for the world. And Bairavi's words always have to taken with a pinch of salt. Her intention is always something else when she says words which according to her only time will reveal. Her clearly using the word Aadi Shakthi and Aada Amrit has lot of deeper meaning.

And for me Shakthi can emerge only if Maya or illusion goes. If you see by giving Aadi Shakthi Rudra's illusion over his father's condition has ended and he is ready to fight with his dad for the larger cause. So even they are showing illusion or Maya lifting after that Aadi Shakthi gone. Hence my assumption.

Even in EHT which touched upon Shiv-Sakthi  the male lead was forced to forgo his grief and let go of his love to marry the girl Durga.( Different thing she is Nithya herself which he knows later only) or rather I would say was forced to accept her in the new avatar as she clearly tells in the end " You have to start calling me Durga"

And thank you for clarifying that snakes part in Samudra Manthan. Coming to this forked tongue I am not liking it at all 🤢. My skin crawled when that guru was drinking milk.

Shruti, this is what I have been thinking since Leela came into the picture and MB's line 'ishwar ki ye Leela samajhte samajhte hi samajh mien aayegi'. And only time will reveal all the answers. I too have felt that if this has to be parallel to the original, then Maya will die because of her own people/family. And seeing her role in this show, all I see is 'poori bojh', neither Aadi Shakti nor Aadhi shakti'

Agree with your point that Rudra is slowly getting cleared of illusion. 
sashashyam thumbnail
Very nice going, my dear Shruthi. That is what I enjoy about your posts, the way in which you produce complicated and plausible  explanations to back up your thesis of the day!

I agree with you re:Maya, and you would have noted that I was highly sceptical about her being any kind of Aadi Shakti. She is so limp and depressing, that girl. Unfortunately, the only other choice, Leela, is an uni-expression queen, and she stares blankly at Rudra, Charles, Thappadiya Mai (even after being slapped with a lot of vim and vigour😉) et  al, without any variation from one to the other. Poor Rudra, he is stuck with such dismal females!😉

Your @blue is very interesting, as was your other thesis that it was Shivanand's ego that was doing more damage to the garuds  than the nagavish. He is  is egotistic and very stubborn, but one question still remains, Shruthi.

Why does a manlike Shivanand,  who has so many siddhis, who is so strong mentally and physically, become so hysterically afraid all of a sudden as he  was with MB? You say it was not the vish and it could not have been his ego, for that comes into play only post facto, after he has started believing in all these doom and gloom scenarios. But why does he come to believe in them in the first place? Just because Drish and Dansh do a jugalbandi into his ears? It is hardly convincing, and is in fact nuts.

Shyamala Di

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago