Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Shymaladi precap looked more interesting, Rudra finally forced to fight his father. Symbolically it is the direct fight of head vs heart, logic vs conscience. I simply loved it.

This was what Bairavi knew will happen. That is why she was beating up Shiva. She knew he might be capable of spreading the fear pshycosis and Rudra will be forced to fight his own father in the line of duty.

If Rudra had allowed her to do what she was doing, he wouldn't have faced with the conflicting choice of fighting his father.

One more message. If you don't take harsh steps to correct your kith or kin due to the love you have for them, day wont be far when you have fight with them for your own rights.

Also I don't think UN's point of contention would have been Shiva. That looks logical only to me. I guess his contention would have been more about Maya-Leela chakkar. Because that track is very very poor yet, not convincing. Rudra going to Vish Kendra, Maya's antics. I don't know for me that love story has been the most unconvincing and poorly written script part.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Purnima,

I see that fatigue is setting in all around - writer's fatigue on my side, readers' fatigue, and worst of all, scripting fatigue in the Mahakumbh team. Nothing else  can explain the  multiplicity of  holes in the script.

Some of them, like the Mississippi, Colorado, Nile and Ganga statement by Rao, are very serious and knock the stuffing out of the story as narrated to us so far. They might have started out with an 80% locked script, but it has long been unlocked, with highly undesirable results.😑

This past week was even stranger: part Mahadev instead of Mahakumbh,  when Rudra's Garuda  Pramukh wand (or sword, as MB calls it) dispels the halahal  twice over, and part like a C grade  horror flick, as when the latest addition to the tribe of naga gurus  sticks out a forked tongue that would surely qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records! Ugh...😑

The good things are that MB is consistently excellent, Dansh is mostly tolerable, and Rudra has been  improving dramatically this week. I am waiting to see him sock Shivanand one good and proper on Monday!

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: SingaporeFan

Thanks for the update Shymaladi...

Am just too fed up with the inconsistencies galore that have stopped thinking...will watch till the end but don't have much hope for the story now... Heard The lead writer also left...thought it was a limited episode Iocked in script serial!! That definite does not seem to be the case...the story makes no sense...the characters are inconsistent, the plot is full of holes... sigh...

Let's see how it goes this week...

Purnima

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you so much, my dear, both for liking this post and for your concern about my kaput knee. The surgery is on May 30,  and I am counting the days. For the current situation is worsening by the day, and last night, I also  managed to trip on a carpet end and fell down heavily. Thank God it did not happen in June with my new knee!πŸ˜‰

I agree in toto. with your caustic take on the Mahakumbh script. Your crack that Nile Mississippi can be next season's destinations for MKis very funny, not that I think there is going to be another season for Mahakumbh! If it had not been a finite serial, the channel would have axed it  midway. Your 'Apanehi jaal me phasat jaat , hum marat jaat' is spot on, especially the latter part.

The only bright spots are MB, who is uniformly superb, Rudra, who has been improving dramatically of late, and Dansh, whose quirks are now familiar and his good bits  pleasing.

I shall be writing on Sunday about what a cat's cradle this tale has become. For me, the limit was the new naga Guru Emeritus waving a forked tongue long enough to qualify for the Guinness Book. Ugh..😑

Shyamala

Originally posted by: seedhibaat

Thanks Shyamalaji for this detailed post. 
Whosoever writes the story for this show now onward has a mammoth task ahead. many loose ends and bizarre situations to explain. I am not interested in speculating  how they are going to do it😳

Nile Mississippi can be next season's destinations for MK. The dialodges between Rao and Greyerson were absurd. πŸ˜›
Most senseless was 3 drops of Leela curing Rudra. Leela had her wrist slit in previous episode which was nursed by T mai. In next episode she was cured fully only to cut same wrist again. 
Ye flaw ka MK hai.😑
Loved Dansh-Mb scenes . they were like 7 min Amrut scenes baki sab shunya. πŸ˜³
it is going to be increasingly difficult to watch the show with 'conscious Maya. 'πŸ˜‰
I dont know how many will agree with me, but Maya Rudra love story flagged the downfall of the show. 
This is going as 'Apanehi jaal me phasat jaat , hum marat jaat' Unfortunately the writer is not Chatur as it was expected. 
Shyamalaji do take good care of yourself. We all always love to read your posts. Good luck for your knee replacement. 

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Santhi,

Ab kaise batayein ki kis baat pe rona aaya?

At the new naga Guru Emeritus, with a forked tongue that would be a shoo in for the Guinness Book? 😑At  yet another encounter between the 'Veshes and a sadhu baba with so much hair in front of his face that it looked like the latest style in veils?πŸ˜‰

At Shivanand, the ghar ka bhedi  who deploys all his new cunning to destroy the mission of the garuds, and wants to neutralise his Garud Pramukh son as well?

Can anyone really believe that this drastic and ugly about turn in his character is just because of the naga vish? It is not just that he is afraid in an  hysterical manner, as he was with MB. This is deep, disruptive cunning, carefully and very effectively deployed to  turn the garuds  around 180 degrees, and thus  play  totally into Dansh's hands. Very unpleasant viewing, with Thappadiya  Mai as the sole relief.

So we were of one mind about the Guru Maharaj being the naagbali called for. But why has nothing happened thereafter? Shivanand's powers are no greater, for all that his cunning has multipled manifold.  I think this week's writers have not seen the previous week' script!πŸ˜‰

Shyamala

Originally posted by: pasumarthisa

Shyamala ji,

Agree with you.

I too felt that Nag in vishkendra dying was the nagabali needed and wrote about it.

MB had assured that the poison wont spread in Maya. So why the urgency to get the cure when the mission is in shambles and when his dad is in trouble?

We have to reset our expectations big time after UN's exit. Saw his replies to you.

sashashyam thumbnail
Yes, Shruthi, I too am looking forward eagerly to seeing Rudra land a juicy left hook on Shivanand's chin on Monday, and then beat up Charles and Tiwari as well.  I agree in toto with you about MB's  drastic techniques for clearing Shivanand's brain and blood. It is the classic a stitch in time saves nine  kind of situation.

This apart, can anyone be really asked to believe that this drastic and ugly about turn in Shivanand's character was just because of the naga vish? He was nothing like this while driving the shav vahan, with all the vish already inside him. Nor is it any longer that he is afraid in an  hysterical manner, as he was with MB. This is deep, disruptive cunning, carefully and very effectively deployed to  turn the garuds  around 180 degrees, and thus  play  totally into Dansh's hands. Very unpleasant viewing, with Thappadiya  Mai as the sole relief.

As I remember, you and I and Santhi were of one mind about the Guru Maharaj being the naagbali called for. But why has nothing happened thereafter? Shivanand's powers are no greater, for all that his cunning has multiplied manifold.  I think this week's writers have not seen the previous week' script!πŸ˜‰

As for Utkarsh falling out with the PH  on the Maya-Leela angle, remember that it was he who wrote the abysmal Rudra-Maya prem vivah kahani.  He can hardly complain about this now!πŸ˜‰

It is not just the love story or the love triangle, it is the mess that has been created in the crucial areas of the script. Just think of the monumental bloomer of Rao's Mississippi, Colorado, Nile and Ganga pronouncements! How could  they drop that in as if it was a minor correction in the tale?😑

I admire your unquenchable optimism about the serial, something  you share with Shubha, but I am thoroughly disillusioned  by now. The latest Guru Emeritus of the nagas,   with a forked tongue that ought to qualify for the Guinness Book of World RecordsπŸ˜‰, was the last straw. It just goes to show that they have by now NO idea what to do or show, adn are flailing around at random.

On the plus side, apart from the unfailing excellence of MB, Dansh is good most of the time, and Rudra has been improving dramatically of late.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Shymaladi precap looked more interesting, Rudra finally forced to fight his father. Symbolically it is the direct fight of head vs heart, logic vs conscience. I simply loved it.

This was what Bairavi knew will happen. That is why she was beating up Shiva. She knew he might be capable of spreading the fear pshycosis and Rudra will be forced to fight his own father in the line of duty.

If Rudra had allowed her to do what she was doing, he wouldn't have faced with the conflicting choice of fighting his father.

One more message. If you don't take harsh steps to correct your kith or kin due to the love you have for them, day wont be far when you have fight with them for your own rights.

Also I don't think UN's point of contention would have been Shiva. That looks logical only to me. I guess his contention would have been more about Maya-Leela chakkar. Because that track is very very poor yet, not convincing. Rudra going to Vish Kendra, Maya's antics. I don't know for me that love story has been the most unconvincing and poorly written script part.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
No Shymaladi. Shiva's condition is not just because of the poison. Dansh and co has systematically broken down his mind creating illusions. If you see Shiva as a person once obsessed with an idea he is obsessed with it. Earlier his obsession was protection of Amrit. Now his obsession is they all will die.
He represents the head symbolically our ego. For ego they are always right. They never love to accept defeat. Actually during that Maya vivah phase Shiva was actually bending on his ego, he was looking at his family too beyond his conviction. That's why he had a conflict, a confusion, when his wife asked him till date she has always listened to him, but she is now requesting her son. That was the point where Shiva's conscience was getting awakened along with his ego.

But then Nagas evaded that space and took him. And then they were clever to do mind control than the physical control which Greyson and co did. A man with supreme ego and unquencing thirst for the mission and survival instinct cannot be broken down by any kind of physical torture. Because his mind is focused on the mission.

But it is that mind Nagas attacked. Now this man whose ego is strong has been inflicted with negative emotions. The ego which was earlier a positive push has now become the biggest negative push. And just like Amrit ki Raksha, he wants everyone to listen to him. His hysterics are various methods, same way egoistic people use to get their way. First try hysterics to which Rudra falls. Then talk about defeat in a slow way to people. If they are not listening give more fear psycohis. Tell them in such a way that in the end they fall in line with him or agree to his thoughts.

Shiva's ego, if it hadn't landed in the dwidha would have been the best possible push for Garuds for the Amrit ki Raksha. if Dadi had not intervened with him on parivaar tamasha and Rudra didn't run away with Maya ka Chakkar. But now that ego is used against them in the most negative way.

Shiva has kept people in his side by fear. The one and only antidote to fear is trust. But for getting trust you have to prove yourself. And to prove yourself you have to fight and in such an important fight you have always need an emotional support. For that you have to trust the person who trusts in your ability unconditionally and never question their actions. For Rudra it was MB who trusts him as a son and as Garuda Pramukh. Because you get trust from others only if you are willing to trust others.

If you ask me as a person if we want to achieve something it is the ego that we need to fight. When Rudra ask MB to go it is his ego making him do it. I am Garuda Pramukh. That me, I am right always, I have the power, I am... is your biggest enemy. Ego should never cloud Trust and voice of reason, which happened to Rudra and he is paying the price.  
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you, my poppet.

At this rate, I shall run out of cracks for this last week. You have seen my post on Arshi's  thread of yesterday, which is good preview, but I am getting tired to making fun of the onscreen goings on or  voicing dismay. My muse is beginning to run dry, just as it did for Jodha Akbar. And this at just over 80 episodes!

Well, let us see if Rudra, after having complained about MB pasting his Baba with her staff, now lands him a good, juicy right hook,. and then beats up Charles and Tiwari as well. That will be some consolation for having had to put up with this  incomprehensibly devious and treacherous Shivanand.

Shyamala Aunty

sashashyam thumbnail
Yes, my little Mishti, but luckily she has been kidnapped, and so we need not be plagued with her for a  while. Leela ne bhi to khatiya pakad li, after the loss of just 3 drops of her  blood! I never knew that naagins were so delicate!πŸ˜‰

I am watching the retelecasts of Mahadev regularly, and 3/4 days  ago I  saw  that bit about Mahadev thanking the snakes for coming to help him drink the vish. I had actually seen those episodes the first time around, in end 2012, but I had forgotten about the nagas  coming to help him. He gives them the vardaan  that to worship them would be to worship him, which was probably the beginning of the naagpooja  tradition.

Dansh  was thus quite correct in the version he recounted to Leela, except that he added  bichchoos aas well. But  in the essentials, he was accurate and I shall now give him credit for that!πŸ˜‰

But what of the naagbali - that of the Guru Maharaj, he of the forked tongue, should surely qualify? - and the consequent awakening of the shaktis of at least one garud? They all still seem to be not only shaktiheen  but  dimaagheen  as well!πŸ˜‰ I think the writers have forgotten about that bit.  What bet that they similarly  forget about Dansh's naagmani?πŸ˜‰

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: mishtidoi

Maya has woken up😲😲😲

Aunty, in DKDM, they are showing "Samudra Manthan"...and Shiva thanked snakes for helping him in drinking vish...so this formed the base story of MK

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Aparna,

Thank you so much for the morale booster! I needed that, for my muse if beginning to dry up when it comes to Mahakumbh,and if I myself am not satisfied by what I produce, how will anyone else like it? 

To revert, I am very pleased that you noted, and liked, that line about Seema Biswas as MB.

My post next Sunday will probably be on the same lines as this one, so please bear with me! After having had to suffer the intolerable Shivanand, the ultra long forked tongue of the Guru Emeritus of the nagas, surely a shoo in for the Guinness Book of World Records,  was the ruddy limit.😑

Shyamala

Originally posted by: appukrish

Thanks again for the lovely analysis. Inconsistencies galore..

Agree with you about Rao. America mein Mississippi aur Colorado, Africa mein Nile, aur India mein Ganga, in nadiyon mein amrit undela jaata hai. Isiliye in nadiyon ka duniya bhar mein bada mahatva hai. Par yeh bahut gut rakha gaya hai, taaki is prakriya mein koyi baadha na pahunche.
If this was so, why is he taking all this trouble here at MK? Why not just get the Amrit from America or Egypt? Yes, Writer must have been high on something !    

i didn't get the point of this sudden running off to vishkendra in the middle of taking care of Shivanand. Rudra, as the Pramukh would have made a better decision & taken leela with him or better yet waited on this coz MB had assured him that Maya is safe. But alas he falls again into the jaal (Mayajaal). "Main duniya bhula doonga, teri chahat main' is perfect for Rudra(for Maya) at this point. 
Your last line here about MB/SB was superb - - 'She has the  gift of  making even a fleeting shot a must watch.'

And after all that running,drops of Leela's blood rids him off the poison, and Maya is treated with Rudra's blood mixed with some jadi booti..- what bloody relations..All that Vish hunt torture on us and this is how it ended. 

I have had enough of all the Garuds still stumbling and falling aimlessly. With Shivanand still a lost case, now Katherine in a similar state, looks like it will be like a Bollywood movie climax with our heroes coming together in the last minute to save the Amrit. Hope its not like that. 

sashashyam thumbnail
Now your second question, my pet, is a peach! πŸ˜‰

But the nagalok, very near the Mahakumbh grounds since MB and Dansh can see the Ganga from there,   is probably like Hogwarts, looking like a rocky hill to all but the initiates like MB, Guru Maharaj and so on.

The really odd thing is the way all and sundry  from among the garuds  and Rao drift in and out of the underground library, which is accessed thru such a public place, the old home of khoye paaye  Pandey. How long ago that seems!.

It is amazing that neither the 'Veshes  nor Dansh have landed up there. Probably too busy with their assorted gurus, with or without forked tongues.πŸ˜‰

The latest addition to the tribe of naga gurus, their Guru Emeritus, judging from Dansh's shashtaang pranam,   sticks out a forked tongue that would surely qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records! Ugh..😑. And then yet another encounter between the 'Veshes and a sadhu baba with so much hair in front of his face that it looked like the latest style in veils!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

Am i the  only  one  who can't  understand?πŸ˜•

How was  the  Ganga  poisoned (not nagas  as Danshhh himself  is  surprised  )and how did it purify itself  with light from  the  stick? It  was the halahal which emerges before the amrit is due. It  is apparently a natural phenomenon, seeing that they are going in for an almost exact copy of the samudramanthan.

How far and how exposed is naglok from Allahabad? People seem to walk in and out any day any time.😲

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago