Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 81-84: Inconsistencies abounding - Page 3

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@jayaks what an analogy. We should remember it is an Indian serial πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I will give you a better real life analogy. I guess some 7 years back I was in charge of a project. I used to send big big reports highlighting risks in Red. Everyone was like ok ok. One fine morning I got a call from office telling that I am wanted immediately in office. When I reached I found out that the project is in deep trouble. After some demo client Is not at all happy.
All the issues were highlighted couple of months ago itself. But since nothing much was done every one including myself saw the worst nightmare for the next 3 weeks. Sleepless nights, weekend working, pulling the best resource from every quarter but what could have been done quite nicely in 3 months, we achieved in 3 weeks but with a lot of stress.

Garuds belong to that category. Don't know what other catastrophe they are waiting for to come out of Maya Bhajan.

We Indians love illusion or Maya a lot. We are in constant denials of the reality. Even while everything is crumbling around we love to project the image of happy family. And whatever wrong is happening well it is Niyati, what could we do
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruthiravi

@jayaks what an analogy. We should remember it is an Indian serial πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I will give you a better real life analogy. I guess some 7 years back I was in charge of a project. I used to send big big reports highlighting risks in Red. Everyone was like ok ok. One fine morning I got a call from office telling that I am wanted immediately in office. When I reached I found out that the project is in deep trouble. After some demo client Is not at all happy.

All the issues were highlighted couple of months ago itself. But since nothing much was done no one including myself saw the worst nightmare for the next 3 weeks. Sleepless nights, weekend working, pulling the best resource from every quarter but what could have been done quite nicely in 3 months, we achieved in 3 weeks but with a lot of stress.

Garuds belong to that category. Don't know what other catastrophe they are waiting for to come out of Maya Bhajan.

We Indians love illusion or Maya a lot. We are in constant denials of the reality. Even while everything is crumbling around we love to project the image of happy family. And whatever wrong is happening well it is Niyati, what could we do

Exactly. Reality denial and procrastination are our worst weaknesses. Our Garuds top here.
mishtidoi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
As a student , the best analogy will be, come what may, unless there's tail fire , rocket won't launch itself... πŸ˜†
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Am i the  only  one  who can't  understand?πŸ˜•
How was  the  Ganga  poisoned (not nagas  as Danshhh himself  is  surprised  )and how did it purify itself  with light from  the  stick? 

How far and how exposed is naglok from Allahabad? People seem to walk in and out any day any time.😲

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Sandhya don't be surprised if they show Ganga poisoning has happened by the mass manufacture of nag vish in Dr Rao's factoryπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Remember he had taken Maya's blood sample in the pretext of finding an antidote.

Coming to how the dand took the poison well sab Maya hai 🀣🀣. I had put in Arshics thread from this week MK has become Bollywood mirch masala. Watch it, but don't think. Don't feel script has anything more for thinking people
elasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
.Hi...I have a very poor memory shyamala...but I think ( most probably) once when first time charles grand dad and Balivesh met in DM's office first time and later when Balivesh complained to Greyson abt Charles grand dad then Greyson who was in Poland had seen him and laughed and said that Rao is his man..(Greyson was with his secretary I think).Infact I remember this remark of Greyson only becoz I have been very surprised to see this goody goody Rao..I think it was made clear in the begining that Rao was after amrit..
anyway thanks for pm..Wonderful analysis Shymala..
Edited by elasingh - 8 years ago
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Harry  Potter  everywhere...πŸ€ͺ
Triwizard  tournament  final round in Chakravartin  Ashok  Samrat...the maze.

A witch who can do obliviate and command the Devil's Snare in JA. (Hope she silencio s Begumsa)

And here Rudra can do lumos with his huge wand that is  powerful  enough  to  cleanse the  Ganges.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Arshi,

Thanks a lot for such supportive comments, but by now my muse is beginning to run dry as far as  Mahakumbh is concerned. I have been bemoaning the mess it has become, on your last 2 threads, and I shall not repeat any of that here. 

Shruthi's gallant defence notwithstanding, plus Shubha's support for that, I personally feel that the promise of the serial has been very largely belied. I am not inclined to cut Arvind Babbal any slack, and I am not hopeful of a neat wrap up either. There is just too much to be tied up and they do not have the time.

And to cap it all,  now they are introducing not just another sadhu baba  for the 'Veshes, but one more naga guru,  a Guru Emeritus with an even longer forked tongue!  I begin to think Babbal either has a forked tongue fetish, or he sees too many C grade horror films. Ugh..😑

Shyamala

This content was originally posted by: Arshics

Shyamala, 

First of all the title is great, and really befitting the week that was. 

And all points raised by you are absolutely on dot. 

It's as if, the writers forget their own words and take off on different tangents 

Your take on rudras visit to the Vishkendra clearly shows up the weak script with huge loopholes

This kind of juvenile writing - the forked tongue, and the way that naga kept brandishing it around

Rudras 5 min 56 sec of reeling and falling only to get cured by the teen boond khoon 

The non scary pasty Rao, with slurred speech and unclear diction 

The inane and blank garudas and contortionist shiva 

All made for a show that seems to have lost its way 

The only highlight were the dansh bhairavi scenes 

@shruthi

You have raised a very interesting turn in the story

Rudra Leela vivah, and Maya Kya anth - I don't know, My expectations from the writers are an all time low  

sashashyam thumbnail
I agree with that. Arijit. She is not just consistent, she is superb in both conception and execution.

Also, Rudra is improving steadily. I was delighted when he landed Shivanand a juicy punch.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

This content was originally posted by: Arijit007

i don' t know how more inconsistency will be shown. now only bhairavi is constant.

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Shubha,

I am very pleased that you liked this one too. My muse is drying out as far as Mahakumbh is concerned, and so is my readership, so much so that I begin to wonder if these long post facto analyses are at all worth it.  Given this, you are  a morale booster, and I shall try and stick it out till the end.

I think Utkarsh fell out with the rest on the destruction of Shivanand as a character. That began a month or so ago, and he responded to my message saying that had become pessimistic for a month now, but had hung in there and done his  best. Whatever the truth of that - and it must have been a serious matter for him to leave with nearly 3/4ths of the duration of the show finished -  the  fact is that the Mahakumbh script,which never lived up to either its potential or the hype surrounding its launch, is now in parlous straits.

I admire your unquenchable optimism about the serial, something  you share with Shruthi, but I am thoroughly disillusioned  by now. The latest Guru Emeritus of the nagas,   with a forked tongue that ought to qualify for the Guinness Book of World RecordsπŸ˜‰, was the last straw. It just goes to show that they have by now NO idea what to do or show, adn are flailing around at random.

On the plus side, apart from the unfailing excellence of MB, Dansh is good most of the time, and Rudra has been improving dramatically of late. I am looking forward to his landing Shivanand a juicy left hook on Monday. These days, Shivanand seems even worse than Dansh, and to me the plunge in his character is unbelievable and disgusting.

As  for your @blue, I am of the same mind as you on this, as you would have seen from the post.

Shyamala

This content was originally posted by: happychappy

Thank you Shyamala for putting our thoughts into such well-articulated passages...

You have hit all the nails on their heads, and these are multiplying like rabbits as well...
What a sad letdown. I now watch for the actors sake and inspite of the writers!! Wonder what led to Utkarsh's exit. We can set our expectations appropriately now..

About Rudr's vish odyssey it was wholly pointless was it not? If his purpose was to save Maya then even that was an abysmal failure! For after Leela cured him, he had no vish left in him! ! Why does the writer have to dish out such inane stuff?  Bah
πŸ₯±