India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 8)

mahalaxmi-sita Senior Member
mahalaxmi-sita
mahalaxmi-sita

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:48am | IP Logged
you gals wont believe.. i encountered a guy (u know who's fan he was) told me that drau was secretly impressed by karna(don't know where he read that)  and ultimately went with the pandavas  coz they won the warConfused had they lost, she would have married the tragic heroLOL

Edited by indianprincess - 14 May 2015 at 7:49am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaSCaptainSparkFlauntPessimism

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:52am | IP Logged
hum toh dharmapath ke hi pathik hai, isi liye hum pe sarvadaa keshav kaa aashirvaad banaa toh rahegaa. us bhatke hue vyakti karna ke aashirvaad ki humein toh koi aavashyaktaa nahi hain.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaSCaptainSpark

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:54am | IP Logged
@Indianprincess 
Sin isn't determined by culture. Presumably Chitragupta is the gate keeper for the whole world and not just India.

Denying an education on the basis of caste is a greater sin than lying to your teacher. That's almost like telling a starving man stealing a loaf of bread that he committed a sin and persecuting him for the rest of his life for it.

@Rest Karna's crime was mainly in the DS. There are reasons to suspect this was an add on. But if we take the epic as is, at this point in time, it was an unforgivable crime. Even the involvement in Lac House can be explained away as fighting for his friend's throne. But not the assault on Panchali.

There really is not much else in the epic to malign him. Abhi vadh happened in the context of war. I keep saying, if you involve your children in war, you have to expect them to come back in boxes. That is the reality of life.

What bugs me more is the fact that he is touted as one of main characters. He was not. Without him, nothing would have changed, till his involvement in the KK war; IF we consider VH an interpolation. With it he becomes a villain. Without it, he is not important till the war happens.

Edited by AnuMP - 14 May 2015 at 7:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaThePirateKingDurgaS

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indianprincess

you gals wont believe.. i encountered a guy (u know who's fan he was) told me that drau was secretly impressed by karna(don't know where he read that) and ultimately went with the pandavas coz they won the warConfused had they lost, she would have married the tragic heroLOL
holy hell, panchali with that pathetic waste of sunlight, no way in hell.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaSCaptainSparkThe.Lannister

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:58am | IP Logged
anu, but he was forgiven of that one too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaS

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arijit007

Originally posted by indianprincess

you gals wont believe.. i encountered a guy (u know who's fan he was) told me that drau was secretly impressed by karna(don't know where he read that) and ultimately went with the pandavas coz they won the warConfused had they lost, she would have married the tragic heroLOL
holy hell, panchali with that pathetic waste of sunlight, no way in hell.
Pathetic waste of sunlight Clap

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaS

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:04am | IP Logged
@Anu di - But he was forgiven IMO. And also, loaf of bread and education is not the same. If one lies for food, he can be forgiven as without it he would die. And most importantly K wasn't denied of education.

Agree with you regarding him being a main character. I personally find no difference in the story if he is taken out of the story.

DurgaSFlauntPessimism

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:06am | IP Logged
The other day we were discussing. Bheem is a huge sinner because he called K a suta in Rangbhoomi and all. But Dury is not a sinner when it comes to accusing the Pandavs for being "god knows whos son".

DharmaPriyaaDurgaS

Go to top