India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 31)

amritat IF-Dazzler
amritat
amritat

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Yes Jamy...u n Sabhayata are really unique species of category: Karna fan... LOL

I actually have a phobia towards this category...not against anyone personally or for personal reasons...simply bcoz of Draupadi n their behaviour towards her...althoughI admit, I like some of u a lot.

Anyway...no more of Facebook jaap... LOL n the same old discussion...
Actually the reason y I was defending Tagore is bcoz he waw quite feminist in his approach...

He gave importance to female characters like Kunti, Gandhari, Chitrangada...than the male characters...
Unfortunately, Karna is so deeply penetrated in our mindsets as a tragic hero that often the pain of other characters are overlooked bcoz of him...So, it's unlikely like u pointed out, that he would ever try to demean Kunti...It's how we readers perceive it...

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 25 May 2015 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
nice discussion, and brishti, thanks for sharing the poem. tragic hero, yeah, but, i think mata kunti's life was more tragic that karna, was she at peace in any phase of her life?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CaptainSpark

Maverick_me Goldie
Maverick_me
Maverick_me

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

Originally posted by Maverick_me

Originally posted by Urmila11

Originally posted by indianprincess

sema, i know many boys/men with yudi's name...so don't worryLOL.
not as common as arjun but still.
btw did u happen to watch any of ekta kapoors soap, many of her male character's had that name.

Wow that's a good news Embarrassed thank you for letting me know. No I watch nothing except Mythological serials or films. But if Ekta Kapoor did so, please tell me few names so that I can watch just to hear the name Day Dreaming

Have you heard Yudhisthir Urs, the famous Vj on channel V? He calls himself "Yudi" I am a fan of his that's why for me Mr Y from mbh is 'Yudi' Smile

No I didn't hear that but I think I have seen this name while searching net for my Dharmaraj LOL and I always use Yudhi as if it was his nickname LOL Draupadi used to call him Jaya I guess. Pandavas have 5 nicknames for Draupadi's special use.
Jaya , the name was used in initial invocation of the epic and then in Virat parva  as a secret name to call  each other ..
Draupadi mostly called her hubbys as 'Bharata' ,Kaunteya, Partha and sometimes by their first names, not in the clichd serial style 'swami' Sleepy or Arya SleepySleepy
and they in turn called her Draupadi, Krishnaa, Panchali, Yajnaseni and whenever she was angry , they praised her beauty!! Wink 
You can make a list of all the epithets they used to address her ,it'll be quite a task ..  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa

Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Vibhishan atleast chose right and most important he proudly said that in front of Ravaan that he does not support. Not like Karna who promises the rival's mom that I will not hamr your other sons when that is a huge loss for his "best friend". Considering Karna HAD the ability to defeat all Pandavs (atleast the twins) he cheated Duryodhan by promising Kunti.
He is worse than Vibhishan.

Vibhishan and Karna are very different because their basic action was very different

Vibhishan clearly choose a side but Karna never did

He tried to do things for both the sides

He gave a promise to Kunti to save her four sons which he did

But he also refused to join his hands with pandvas and choose to fight for Dury

He killed Gato to save Kaurav army

He helped in disarming Abhimanyu

He became a general during last two days and killed many warriors of pandvas army

He tried to kill Arjuna

Vibhishan never tried Or even killed any one from Rama's army but Karna did kill many warriors of Pandav army

Here is the difference

What we can say is that Karna could have done more for Dury he could have killed YBNS when he had a chance but didnt or atleast captured Yudi and made him a prisoner and won the war for Dury.Yes he could have done more than what he actually did but then he had his feet in two boats and hence couldn't

Though from Dury's POV one can say he did betray Dury because he could have won the war for him which he didn't.

Edited by Sabhayata - 26 May 2015 at 7:17am
Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Sanskruti

[QUOTE=CaptainSpark][QUOTE=.Sanskruti][QUOTE=Urmila11]
Should I give citations for the well-known fact that Karna spent almost whole life in HP?

Yes Urmila please do

Please give Citation where its said that Karna spent his entire life at HP

I dont think Vyasa has given an account of each and every day of Karna.
Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Adishakti

Arjuna never used Pashupata...if he had used it on day 1 the war would have been over...he didn't use bhrahmashira till ashwatthama used it..and that too only to baffle it..and immediately recalled it when vyasa asked him
He never used them even when abhimanyu was killed.. He would not use a weapon of mass destruction for personal glory or personal vengeance unlike Karna..

That itself justifies why he received them in the first place. Like Thor says in Avengers 2, you need to be worthy of it

Didn't Arjuna use Pasupata to kill Jaydratha since he went to get it from Shiva ji just before the day he killed Jaydratha

which weapons of mass destruction did Karna use?
Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

So with Karna being abandoned, raised with love but not as a warrior as he would have liked to, being cursed time and again and not being allowed to prove his expertise; he goes ahead and makes rash decisions, becomes friends with the wrong guy and ends up dying at the hands of a warrior without even being able to give him a good fight. Whatever he was trying to attain for whatever reason, he couldn't do it. All this leading to nothing. 

Bold-hmm have you read Karna and Arjuna's last duel?
Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CaptainSpark

2. AFAIR, the only context where Karna says he wanted to kill Arjuna is when he took Asura vrata. And it was Arjuna who first said he would kill Karna, in rangabhoomi itself. Karna has no dialogues before Rangabhoomi event. Karna wanting to kill Arjuna since gurukula times makes no sense as there is nothing which proves so.

He asked for B to fight Arjuna. So he wanted to fight just for fun and had to intention of killing/defeating Arjuna? Confused I ask again, is he a fool of what? No! I hate Karna but I never thought he could be such a fool...

Killing and defeating are two different things they are not the same

Arjuna defeated all Kaurava warriors in Virata parva but didn't kill anyone

Go to top