India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 3)

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone. I had been watching Dharmakshetra off and on initially but managed to catch all episodes during this month long repeats. Found this forum a little late by which time discussions had been done. Hope to join now that fresh episodes have started.

Saw Karna part one. The most complicated character in the story. Abandoned at birth, brought up by a charioteer family, growing up unknown about his parentage. Chooses to be a warrior instead of taking up his foster fathers occupation. Grew up in a loving family but still felt deprived of his rightful parental love. A character always indulging in self pity but still remained loyal to his only friend even when he came to know that his friends enemies were his own brothers. DK managed to bring these complexities to the fore.

One thing I was concerned about, why Karna's kavach never surfaced. Finally it is out. :-)

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
just when the mentioning of it being given away to indra, it appears.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa

ThePirateKing Goldie
ThePirateKing
ThePirateKing

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
In effect Karna was absolved of everything. Chitragupta seemed to be influenced by our judgesWink.
Karna's name calling of Draupadi was put to his friendship with Dury and pardoned. This did not go down well with me.

It's Vidur's turn now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaaThe.Lannister

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Even that would have been an improvement. I think here he forgave everyoneLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
After Vidur who else is left? Only Keshav I think
The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Just finished watching the 2nd part of Karna. BoringSleepy It was all very one sided. 
Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
ab toh keval vidur aur kanha hi shesh hain. theek hain karna ne sab ko maaf kar diyaa, aur woh saare aarop se mukt ho gayaa.
DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Yet to see part 2.

Would Keshav be questioned? He is the karta dharta after all. And he is an avatar, God incarnate, He is in the know of all. But possibly since he lived the life of a human, his deeds on Earth will also be perused. And yes, there would be many who would want answers from him. Would be interesting to hear his replies. I think Keshav, if he at all comes, would be the last in the series.

How about Pandu? He can be questioned too. Dhritarashtra already has a question for him about why he didn't let his elder brother be the king and himself offer to help him run the kingdom. Kunti too might have some questions for him.

Then Satyavati. If her father hadn't put a condition for her to marry Santanu, this whole tale wouldn't have taken place.

Go to top