India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 17)

panchaali IF-Sizzlerz
panchaali
panchaali

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arijit007

hmm, but, atlast tyrion tried to fight with his wit and brains, unlike karna, who just misplaced his anger towerds the socity against arjun, and pandavas.

Surya symbolize wit, brilliance and power, so Suryaputra indeed was intelligent...

His anger towards society was justified and anger towards Arjun too but I don't think he had anything towards other Pandavs...he respected Yudisthir, and Yudi too did the same 

Edited by panchaali - 16 May 2015 at 6:11am

panchaali IF-Sizzlerz
panchaali
panchaali

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

I would also like to add that parashuram was completely against Kshatriyas. I think e would personally LOVE to train Karna as he was a non-Kshatriya capable student. If Karna would say his situation...

He was not in any position to take chance I guess 
Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:46am | IP Logged
littlefinger is krishna? baelish is more like shakuni, he and lysa orchestreted lord arryn's death and started this whole mess called the game of thrones.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannister

panchaali IF-Sizzlerz
panchaali
panchaali

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arijit007

littlefinger is krishna? baelish is more like shakuni, he and lysa orchestreted lord arryn's death and started this whole mess called the game of thrones.

That's your choice...

K and S are both side of one coin...both were brilliant and witty person..   

Zephyr_57

Zephyr_57 IF-Rockerz
Zephyr_57
Zephyr_57

FFG Fairies, Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

And the King who spent fun times in friend's kingdom (forgetting that he too had a kingdom somewhere) is not boring. Okay, ghor kaliyug LOL

Urmila someone had asked u this earlier too can u share the citations if u did find any?? I m no in debate mood bt jst curious to know as I did nt find anything for his tenure of King or u can make urself clear saying that its jst ur feeling too!Embarrassed

Edited by .Sanskruti - 16 May 2015 at 7:17am
DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Sanskruti

Originally posted by Urmila11

And the King who spent fun times in friend's kingdom (forgetting that he too had a kingdom somewhere) is not boring. Okay, ghor kaliyug LOL

Urmila someone had asked u this earlier too can u share the citations if u did find any?? I m no in debate mood bt jst curious to know as I did nt find anything for his tenure of King or u can make urself clear saying that its jst ur feeling too!Embarrassed

Should I give citations for the well-known fact that Karna spent almost whole life in HP? Should I give citations for well-known fact that HP was NOT his kingdom? If these are well-known facts, then we should accept the fact that he, despite of being a King, did spend maximum time of his life in another place. That means he was absent from Anga. Who took care of Anga, Champa and Malini prajas during his absence? Can you give citation to prove that Karna gave his prajas' responsibility on someone before enjoying life in friend's kingdom? And the way he wanted to give away everything to a person who would show Arjun (in battle filed, I posted citations in previous thread) does not create any respect in me for his image. If Yudhishthir's praja staking is a sin then Karna's wish to donate his prajas was also a sin IMHO. Hope I'm clear now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maverick_meZephyr_57The.Lannister

Zephyr_57 IF-Rockerz
Zephyr_57
Zephyr_57

FFG Fairies, Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

Hmm, I agree. Caste was a big thing those days and they used to follow rules strictly. But I am wondering when exactly Drona taught Karna? After he became Angraj or before that?  Agree about Brahmastra though, that was his aim eventually. 

There is a lot to Karna which I felt wasn't put forth in the two episodes. There were about 3 to 6 curses which all came true during the time of his death. So, I have been reading what the online sites have been saying. As per wiki, Arjuna killed Karna's son by mistake during the war that ensued post Swayamvar between the Pandavas disguised as Brahmins and the other kings attending the swayamvar. That's why Karna wanted to kill him. Also, he wanted to prove that Arjuna's claims of being the sarvoccha dhanurdhar are false. 

Talking of swayamvar reminds me about the rumoured story that Draupadi loved Karna. Found an interesting discussion about it on this page. 

Managed to catch the last few moments of the Vidur episode. Coming up next is Ved Vyas, the author of Mahabharata. 

I jst want to comment on that part in red... its nt mentioned in CE also I have read it nowhere except Karnas POV books like MJ and KW bt I firmly dnt believe that a skilled archer like Arjuna would jst kill a innocent boy mistakenly.. Its an later edit for meSmile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

amritatDurgaSCaptainSparkThe.Lannister

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Karna like Tyrion, Draupadi like Dany & Krishna like BaelishShocked
We interpret both MBH & ASOIAF very very differently then. 

DharmaPriyaa

Go to top