India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 11)

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

When did Karna come to know that he wasn't a soot - putra? (I mean before Kunti told him ofc). And more importantly when did he come to know he was a surya - putra? I have never bothered reading much about this man but does surya dev come & tell it to him or does he in his usual superiority complex assume it based on his kavach kundal? Or did he declare himself a Kshatriya after Duri made him a King?

Also, Parshuram had vowed to never teach a Kshatriya. Karna was a soot. Then why not just say that I am a soot rather than saying I am a Brahmin. Were sootas maybe like a sub-caste of Kshatriyas?

I think Kunti told him everything. I don't think he can call himself Kshatriya by becoming a King... Can he? Unhappy
Agree regarding the last point. That is the whole point. He keeps on choosing the wrong way

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Lannister

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Sema dear, see the episode NOW! Just hear what Vyasa said about Yudhishthir! You feel cry of happiness for sure LOL

Saw it Smile I'm super happy Big smile very true words!! And loved his calm face while Vyasa said so Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaSCaptainSpark

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Sema dear, see the episode NOW! Just hear what Vyasa said about Yudhishthir! You feel cry of happiness for sure LOL

Saw it Smile I'm super happy Big smile very true words!! And loved his calm face while Vyasa said so Embarrassed
Haha!
But why is this Karna smiling Angry
CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Gosh I love this Vyasa!! He seems to be Pandavs fan Dancing
FInally someone who is saying true things! Big smile 
He just said Bheem is not a "mand-buddhi" Smile

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaS

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Regarding Karna's lie to Parshuram, I want to add one more point. MB says that a true Brahmin should have 7 virtues among which truth is first. When Parshuram knew that Karna did not have that virtue, he was bound to believe him as a non-brahmin. I guess only true Brahmins having those virtues could keep brahmastra, not only Brahmins by birth. Remember that Arjun never lied. So he deserved brahmastra but not Karna.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaMaverick_meDurgaSCaptainSparkThe.Lannister

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Loved Vyasa's full speech on Bheem Clap Vaayu jaisa pavitra, karmaparayanata ki pratimaa Day Dreaming and loved the Bheem-Arjun scene in flashback. This episode is a treat for Pandava fans!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaMaverick_meDurgaSCaptainSparkThe.Lannister

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:06am | IP Logged
@Parshuram & Drona: I have never really understood why a guru MUST accept a person as his student just because the student wants to study under him. Same thing with the weapons too. Karna thinks he deserves to know Bramhastra vidya. Karna thinks he deserves a teacher like Parshuam. But if the teacher doesn't agree why is he wrong? (wrt Chitragupta chastising Parshuram & Drona for not doing the duty of a teacher)The teachers have got all their weapons after a lot of study, hard work & dedication. Aren't they within their rights to refuse to give them to a person whom they consider unfit? Does it make them less noble? Yes, probably. Does it make them wrong & give the pupil a right to deceive the guru? Absolutely not!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaSCaptainSpark

The.Lannister IF-Stunnerz
The.Lannister
The.Lannister

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:07am | IP Logged
@today's episode: it seems to be real good. he said that about bhimEmbarrassed I will have to wait till tomorrow to watch the repeat thoughOuch

DharmaPriyaaDurgaS

Go to top