Epic Channel

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 - Page 5

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I have become convinced of the intellectual cowardice of show makers.
But this was the worst. Not only did they absolve him saying he didn't help Panchali, they completely ignored his actual crime which was the fact that HE was the one who ordered the disrobing. It wasn't Dury.

I tell you something. It is poor Suyo who has paid over and over again for his friendship with Karna. All Karna's misdeeds get moved over to him.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Maverick_me

Well, what serials show doesn't come to me as a surprise ..A movie  on Karna  too, completely took out  his role in dyut sabha . Instead watch out for more benchmarks to be set in Surya putra Karna serial and have a strong heart 😉 to absorb it ..

Sometimes one thing stuck my mind. If everybody can forget Karna's activity in dice hall then why the same people cannot forget Yudhi's activity 😕 what special punya did Karna perform to make people forgive and forget 😕 and the new serial is surely going to be an addition to all misconceptions non-readers already have
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
whatever they will show, karna will be a totaly confusing grey charecter forever.
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Urmila11

Sometimes one thing stuck my mind. If everybody can forget Karna's activity in dice hall then why the same people cannot forget Yudhi's activity 😕 what special punya did Karna perform to make people forgive and forget 😕 and the new serial is surely going to be an addition to all misconceptions non-readers already have

yudi is not forgiven, coz he was a boring emperor, who put dharma above everything, ahh who does that now days? nobody. how boring.

mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
the reason  according to me..why karna is sympathised more than he deserves is coz morals and social culture of our country has degraded over a period of time. lying,stealing,killing, is totally acceptable today..something which was unacceptable say 100 yrs ago. so ppl who followed dharma are today seen as abnormal or extra shrewd ppl who had their own ulterior motives in doing so. so thats the reason p's, panchali and even krishna today get undesired hate by many.

there are ppl who believe karna did absolutely no wrong when he lied to parshuram.. he was justified coz if he didn't do so he would have been rejected education by parshuram... while lying to your guru is one of the biggest sin in indian culture.
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: DurgaS

Hmm, I agree. Caste was a big thing those days and they used to follow rules strictly. But I am wondering when exactly Drona taught Karna? After he became Angraj or before that?  Agree about Brahmastra though, that was his aim eventually. 

There is a lot to Karna which I felt wasn't put forth in the two episodes. There were about 3 to 6 curses which all came true during the time of his death. So, I have been reading what the online sites have been saying. As per wiki, Arjuna killed Karna's son by mistake during the war that ensued post Swayamvar between the Pandavas disguised as Brahmins and the other kings attending the swayamvar. That's why Karna wanted to kill him. Also, he wanted to prove that Arjuna's claims of being the sarvoccha dhanurdhar are false. 

Talking of swayamvar reminds me about the rumoured story that Draupadi loved Karna. Found an interesting discussion about it on this page. 

Managed to catch the last few moments of the Vidur episode. Coming up next is Ved Vyas, the author of Mahabharata. 

AFAIK, Drona taught Karna just like he taught his other disciples, mainly archery I presume. 😊 But without completing his knowledge, he wanted Brahmastra from Drona which he rejected.
And about the reasons for K wanting to kill A, he wanted to kill Arjun ever since he met him at Gurukul. so the killing of son part does not actually come in I guess.. Also I feel being an Arjun fan that Arjun IMHO wasn't this careless that he killed Karna's young son. (young compared to the warriors all around) so I find that a bit hard to believe. Although I am saying this being an ardent Arjun fan and supporter. So even if we consider Arjun did kill his son, keeping my liking aside, Karna as I remember clearly mentions his reasons for killing Arjuna. And just as you said, he wanted to kill A to break that "false" title of best archer.
Funny for me. For eg, there is a bestselling author. I too have interest in writing. SO just because in some interview I saw that he/she was being called best author I suddenly cannot jump in and say I am better than him.. probably I will be in mental hospital 😆 I may hate that author, but devoting my life in breaking the "false" title of certain X,Y and Z and doing all wrong things and having no interest in actual genuine learning but only aim being to demean someone else is not good according to me... Would like to know your opinions too 😊 And by the way, Arjun never claimed he was sarvottam dhanurdhar. It is Drona who claimed so in Rangbhoomi at Hastina when the princes were introduced. And later on many people kept on calling him that. But never did ARJUN say "I am the best." (But he was 😉)

And hey, the discussion topic you mentioned with the link.. We have discussed that a hell lot in IF and seems like NOBODY (surprisingly) agrees with the Karna Draupadi angle. Atleast I haven't met anyone 😆
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
And the King who spent fun times in friend's kingdom (forgetting that he too had a kingdom somewhere) is not boring. Okay, ghor kaliyug 😆
CaptainSpark thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indianprincess

the reason  according to me..why karna is sympathised more than he deserves is coz morals and social culture of our country has degraded over a period of time. lying,stealing,killing, is totally acceptable today..something which was unacceptable say 100 yrs ago. so ppl who followed dharma are today seen as abnormal or extra shrewd ppl who had their own ulterior motives in doing so. so thats the reason p's, panchali and even krishna today get undesired hate by many.

there are ppl who believe karna did absolutely no wrong when he lied to parshuram.. he was justified coz if he didn't do so he would have been rejected education by parshuram... while lying to your guru is one of the biggest sin in indian culture.

Well said 👏
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Urmila11

And the King who spent fun times in friend's kingdom (forgetting that he too had a kingdom somewhere) is not boring. Okay, ghor kaliyug 😆

Whats the yuga-dharma of Kaliyuga ? 😉 People will behave accordingly 😃
CaptainSpark thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indianprincess

ok, so danveer karn is absolved of all arrops and is given a clean chit.

well done.👏 the makers of DK have even left behind starbharat in whitewashing the tragic hero.
i hope even my panchali and p's were given this courtesy... instead there were accused of things they didn't even do... wth.
of all the characters in our indian mythos, karna is the most whitewashed one and has been completely converted from almost negative/grey shaded character to almost positive one by these tv serials for god knows what reason... lucky guy.

@BOLD - Can I take your ashirvad for telling this? I mean, you deserve an applaud man. (Don't know which emoji can express my emotion like properly)

Actually you know what, it is like today's modern practice of posting about every single thing you do on FB and Twitter. Other day I saw a troll pic saying, "What if I tell you we all have problems, and harder ones, only we CHOOSE not to post them on Facebook." 🤣
People like Ps and Panchi who umm, choose to face their problems and do good things rather than go around telling people how sad and how wrong have been done to them and ask for sympathy everywhere are considered the biggest sinners in this world. Just as we can see today. I wish we could too have those privileges. But sadly Karna's ashirvad is not with us 😆