Epic Channel

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 - Page 4

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Durga
You seem very interested in MB. If you want to join us in our writing venture, there is a link on page 2 of this thread

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: AnuMP

Durga

You seem very interested in MB. If you want to join us in our writing venture, there is a link on page 2 of this thread

Thanks. I did see. Interesting venture you've taken up. Wishing you good luck. But, at present I have to deny. Not getting much time to write though I keep searching for info while watching shows. Also, I am already busy with various things in the IPK forum. So will have to pass this time. Thanks again. :-)
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
"yadi mere vash mein hota toh main bhu-lok mein bhi tumse kabhi nahi milta"
Vidura is 100% done with Duri🤣

It was a good episode & I liked & agreed with most of what Vidura said. He was one man who followed Dharma in its true spirit & not just word.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
he was right, whatever positive qualities dury had possesed, dury was mostly a balloon full of hot air. vidur was the most noble charecter of mahabharat.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
today is vyasa's day, aaj woh kathgare mein khade honge, draupadi ko kaise smaran kia jaaega yeh uskaa prashna thaa. mera uttar hain unko, ek aisi udaaharan ke rup mein, jo sadaa smaran karvaayegi ke agar tum stri kaa apamaan karoge yaa agar tum use apamaan hote huye dekhkar bhi maun rahoge toh tumhaari durdashaa bhi kurukul ke samaan hogi.
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DurgaS

Hmm, I agree. Caste was a big thing those days and they used to follow rules strictly. But I am wondering when exactly Drona taught Karna? After he became Angraj or before that?  Agree about Brahmastra though, that was his aim eventually. 

There is a lot to Karna which I felt wasn't put forth in the two episodes. There were about 3 to 6 curses which all came true during the time of his death. So, I have been reading what the online sites have been saying. As per wiki, Arjuna killed Karna's son by mistake during the war that ensued post Swayamvar between the Pandavas disguised as Brahmins and the other kings attending the swayamvar. That's why Karna wanted to kill him. Also, he wanted to prove that Arjuna's claims of being the sarvoccha dhanurdhar are false. 

Talking of swayamvar reminds me about the rumoured story that Draupadi loved Karna. Found an interesting discussion about it on this page. 

Managed to catch the last few moments of the Vidur episode. Coming up next is Ved Vyas, the author of Mahabharata. 

no no pls, draupadi never loved karna😡. there were detailed discussions about this in the MB forum, if u ever visited. this drau karna angle is imagination of modern day authors, whp think if she can 5 husbands why not 6th. 
besides, how can a self respecting women have romantic feelings for a man who called her a wh**e and suggested her public disrobing?urghhh
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
ok, so danveer karn is absolved of all arrops and is given a clean chit.
well done.👏 the makers of DK have even left behind starbharat in whitewashing the tragic hero.
i hope even my panchali and p's were given this courtesy... instead there were accused of things they didn't even do... wth.
of all the characters in our indian mythos, karna is the most whitewashed one and has been completely converted from almost negative/grey shaded character to almost positive one by these tv serials for god knows what reason... lucky guy.

Edited by indianprincess - 8 years ago
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indianprincess

ok, so danveer karn is absolved of all arrops and is given a clean chit.

well done.👏 the makers of DK have even left behind starbharat in whitewashing the tragic hero.
i hope even my panchali and p's were given this courtesy... instead there were accused of things they didn't even do... wth.
of all the characters in our indian mythos, karna is the most whitewashed one and has been completely converted from almost negative/grey shaded character to almost positive one by these tv serials for god knows what reason... lucky guy.

The caste factor really works in his favour, thats  why

Sutas were called 'Charana' in PRC's regime and his right hand man Chand Bardai was Suta/Charana and he was treated as good as a Brahmin and Sutas/charanas in the societal hierarchy were above the temple priests . Sutas in Mbh multitasked - they maintained history books of kings/kingdoms, they were story tellers and warriors; the other Sutas viz., Kekayas (Keechaka) and even war narrator Sanjay was a warrior and Sanjay actually fought from Kaurava side  the last day and was nearly killed by Satyaki .
As far as Karna is concerned, we don't even get to read if he ever held the reins of anybody's chariot let alone his own.  when he came of age , his father put him under tutelage of Dronacharya. He, his brothers were all warriors , his sons and grandsons too fought on Kaurava side   
The abandonment part is ofcourse  a sad thing in his life but the positive part is he found loving parents and which parents sacrifice their other children in war for sake their foster son?
mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail

The caste factor really works in his favour, thats  why

Sutas were called 'Charana' in PRC's regime and his right hand man Chand Bardai was Suta/Charana and he was treated as good as a Brahmin and Sutas/charanas in the societal hierarchy were above the temple priests . Sutas in Mbh multitasked - they maintained history books of kings/kingdoms, they were story tellers and warriors; the other Sutas viz., Kekayas (Keechaka) and even war narrator Sanjay was a warrior and Sanjay actually fought from Kaurava side  the last day and was nearly killed by Satyaki .
As far as Karna is concerned, we don't even get to read if he ever held the reins of anybody's chariot let alone his own.  when he came of age , his father put him under tutelage of Dronacharya. He, his brothers were all warriors , his sons and grandsons too fought on Kaurava side   
The abandonment part is ofcourse  a sad thing in his life but the positive part is he found loving parents and which parents sacrifice their other children in war for sake their foster son?

i do sympathise with him when he was abandoned as a baby, but he did get loving parents in the form of adirath and radha . and even if society has wronged u it does not give u the right to do the same to others.
his assault on drau can't be justified under any circumstances... i can't believe this serial actually tried to do so.
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indianprincess

i do sympathise with him when he was abandoned as a baby, but he did get loving parents in the form of adirath and radha . and even if society has wronged u it does not give u the right to do the same to others.
his assault on drau can't be justified under any circumstances... i can't believe this serial actually tried to do so.

Well, what serials show doesn't come to me as a surprise ..A movie  on Karna  too, completely took out  his role in dyut sabha . Instead watch out for more benchmarks to be set in Surya putra Karna serial and have a strong heart 😉 to absorb it ..