Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
Just finished watching the 2nd part of Karna. Boring🥱 It was all very one sided. 
ab toh keval vidur aur kanha hi shesh hain. theek hain karna ne sab ko maaf kar diyaa, aur woh saare aarop se mukt ho gayaa.
Yet to see part 2.

Would Keshav be questioned? He is the karta dharta after all. And he is an avatar, God incarnate, He is in the know of all. But possibly since he lived the life of a human, his deeds on Earth will also be perused. And yes, there would be many who would want answers from him. Would be interesting to hear his replies. I think Keshav, if he at all comes, would be the last in the series.

How about Pandu? He can be questioned too. Dhritarashtra already has a question for him about why he didn't let his elder brother be the king and himself offer to help him run the kingdom. Kunti too might have some questions for him.

Then Satyavati. If her father hadn't put a condition for her to marry Santanu, this whole tale wouldn't have taken place.

Finally saw Karna part 2. Just as I expected, nothing unusual. It is true that Karna lied to Parasurama to become his disciple, which was very wrong, but the gurus',  Drona and Parasurama's condition to teach only to limited students was unfair. A reason why Karna had to utter false facts. But makes me wonder, weren't there any other gurus at that time who could teach dhanur vidya? And again, not everyone can be an Ekalavya, just as not everyone is comfortable doing correspondence courses. Some like Karna, need practical, classroom sessions. So, just like he kept saying, wo aur akhir kya karta? 

And he is let off easily for saying all those things against the Pandavas and Draupadi. Even if he was on Duryodhan's side, he could have stopped himself from joining his mocking pals. 

Next is Vidur, wonder for 1 or 2 episodes. 

at that time there was two gurus in earth who knew the mantras and uses of powerfull divyastras,they were guru parashurama and aachaarya drona, that's why karna wanted to learn from them.
Satyavati is left too.

BTW are they planning to call out one arop of Keshav every episode 😆
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Just finished watching the 2nd part of Karna. Boring🥱 It was all very one sided. 
very true!!
Karna is like the first character whose all arops were forgiven. 😕
Originally posted by DurgaS

Finally saw Karna part 2. Just as I expected, nothing unusual. It is true that Karna lied to Parasurama to become his disciple, which was very wrong, but the gurus',  Drona and Parasurama's condition to teach only to limited students was unfair. A reason why Karna had to utter false facts. But makes me wonder, weren't there any other gurus at that time who could teach dhanur vidya? And again, not everyone can be an Ekalavya, just as not everyone is comfortable doing correspondence courses. Some like Karna, need practical, classroom sessions. So, just like he kept saying, wo aur akhir kya karta? 

And he is let off easily for saying all those things against the Pandavas and Draupadi. Even if he was on Duryodhan's side, he could have stopped himself from joining his mocking pals. 

Next is Vidur, wonder for 1 or 2 episodes. 

Agree with you on the second part. But Karna DID get education from Drona. It is a wrong conception that Drona rejected Karna because he was a Suta. It is only the Brahmastra knowledge that Drona refused to give Karna because Karna proudly revealed that he wanted the Brahmastra only to kill Arjuna. Well, that is definitely not a suitable reason for you to get such knowledge. Imagine asking the principal to make you a department head just because you want to make another classmate jealous.
And regarding Parashuram, well in Dwapar Yug caste was important. And also just because he wanted knowledge (that too for killing Arjuna god knows why) lieng to a teacher is not acceptable.
Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Agree with you on the second part. But Karna DID get education from Drona. It is a wrong conception that Drona rejected Karna because he was a Suta. It is only the Brahmastra knowledge that Drona refused to give Karna because Karna proudly revealed that he wanted the Brahmastra only to kill Arjuna. Well, that is definitely not a suitable reason for you to get such knowledge. Imagine asking the principal to make you a department head just because you want to make another classmate jealous.
And regarding Parashuram, well in Dwapar Yug caste was important. And also just because he wanted knowledge (that too for killing Arjuna god knows why) lieng to a teacher is not acceptable.

Hmm, I agree. Caste was a big thing those days and they used to follow rules strictly. But I am wondering when exactly Drona taught Karna? After he became Angraj or before that?  Agree about Brahmastra though, that was his aim eventually. 

There is a lot to Karna which I felt wasn't put forth in the two episodes. There were about 3 to 6 curses which all came true during the time of his death. So, I have been reading what the online sites have been saying. As per wiki, Arjuna killed Karna's son by mistake during the war that ensued post Swayamvar between the Pandavas disguised as Brahmins and the other kings attending the swayamvar. That's why Karna wanted to kill him. Also, he wanted to prove that Arjuna's claims of being the sarvoccha dhanurdhar are false. 

Talking of swayamvar reminds me about the rumoured story that Draupadi loved Karna. Found an interesting discussion about it on this page. 

Managed to catch the last few moments of the Vidur episode. Coming up next is Ved Vyas, the author of Mahabharata. 

Edited by DurgaS - 8 years ago
Meanwhile, I've written something about the show on this website. It's a viewers's point of view, I felt I needed to talk about it and the hard work that went into it.