Indian authorities issue notice to channel for airing Pakistani drama

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Indian authorities issue notice to channel for airing Pakistani drama serial

By Shahjahan KhurramMay 11, 2015 10:31

BCCC (Broadcasts Content Complaints Council) issued a notice to Zee's Zindagi channel for showing a pro-Pakistan drama serial.

Reportedly, the head of BCCC has summoned the channel executives for a hearing on May 12.

Zee's channel Zindagi airs Pakistani drama serial Waqt Ne Kiya Kya Haseen Sitam, a love storied drama that focuses on romance between two individuals at the time of partition. The serial stars Pakistani heartthrob and now Bollywood superstar Fawad Khan and ARY's morning show host Sanam Baloch.

The BCCC received lots of complaints from viewers regarding the content of the show as viewers noted that the plot portrayed a pro-Pakistan narrative regarding the partition and was inflammatory in nature. The drama serial is based on Razia Butt's novel titled Bano. A representative of the Zindagi channel did respond to the news in the media and stated, "The soap could be set against the backdrop of any country that underwent the harsh reality of Partition. The show was telecast as Dastan' in Pakistan and we have made necessary changes to telecast it for the Indian audience. We have followed all broadcast guidelines," he said.

Pakistan and India have had a tumultuous relationship with each other over the years. The nuclear armed nations have warred more than two times and developed nuclear weapons, as a form of self defense against each other. Owing to the bitter and cold relations between both nuclear armed nations, both nations dispute the actual accounts of partition.

Indians have always craved Pakistani drama serials as they have fared much better than their Indian counterparts, from both the acting and content perspectives. Due to this fact, Pakistani drama serial actors and actresses such as Fawad Khan, Imran Abbas and Mahira Khan have gained prominence in India, which has resulted in subsequently successful Bollywood careers. Pakistani viewers on the other hand, crave Bollywood films and keep abreast with the latest Indian film industry's gossip and showbiz lifestyle.

http://arynews.tv/en/indian-authorities-issue-notice-to-channel-for-airing-pakistani-drama-serial

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zona. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Tfs...
But I personally feel that dastan shouldn't be aired in India ... It can cause troubles
How much they can cut it...they can't remove the basic theme of show that is partition...
Lets see the rxn of Indian audience on this...
I hope everything remains normal 😆
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
They edited as much as they cud from dastaan and even toned down the violence 
What complains can the viwers hv 

The dastaan they aired in ZINDAGI I watched each n every Epi of it and there was not a single antI Indian dialogue or scene 

They showed the peril of the paki people before and after partition 

even in ZINDAGI forum the Indian viwers are content with the editing 

So who the he'll are these new viwers

I think this is jus a Mauka to get a dig at ZINDAGI channel as they didn't expect the pak shows to become so popular in India 

I jus hope they don't try to stop airing ZINDAGI...I will die without ZINDAGI...I get to watch all those shows in ZINDAGI which are not available in good print online 
zona. thumbnail
Is it already aired??? 😲
I didn't know...
Moreover I didn't watch what they showed n zindagi...
zona. thumbnail
Btw in terms of trp how is zondagi channel compared with other indian channels??
alizey89 thumbnail

Just like u
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well this was expected but glad k kuch zyada nahi hua 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zona.

Tfs...
But I personally feel that dastan shouldn't be aired in India ... It can cause troubles
How much they can cut it...they can't remove the basic theme of show that is partition...
Lets see the rxn of Indian audience on this...
I hope everything remains normal 😆

But why does paki channel air indian drama's with all the statue's?

zona. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

R u Pakistani or Indian???just for info...

Well regarding puja it is directed to channels that if u air Indian dramas don't show their idols or pujas...
Sometimes they cut but sometimes not ... It's a negligence on everyone's part...
And u know ofcourse as long as u r giving enough money no one will question u!!!!

And mostly their drama happens at puja time so they don't cut it but they should
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

There is nothing wrong in showing statues 

That doesn't mean they r degrading pak 

They r showing their culture the way pak shows show pak culture 

there r even pak shows which has Hindu n Christian leads n the conflict is shown .

that's not an issue of conflict 

Pooja scenes done hv to b edited 

But there r many Bollywood films which has innumerable derogatory dialogues abt pak 

In comparison to that dastaan shows nothing against India for which complain has to b made 

Whereas they themselves show so Mich anti pak stuff always in politics related movies