Posted: 11 May 2015 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
I chose to not comment when members were posting yesterday because I I assumed Aashu,
Sim, Rishu wanted a discussion with members and I wanted to step back
and let others speak. Much of this discussion happened behind the scenes
and w/o me and decisions made to not be in the AT and not
once did anyone contact me directly except Tia. I want to thank Pri for trying but in the end, having several people in between a situation like this wasn't helping.
General posts were made and so today I received a post to me by Ash (thank you for your note), which triggered other responses. I want to let you know I read them all, I understand what you're saying. I'm going to try and answer as much as I think needs answering to.
1. I have never treated senior versus junior members differently. I don't have a personal agenda and I don't have in my head any notion of a superior/inferior position on anyone. It's not a life message or a personal message I prescribe to. I come from a history of people who have worked their way up in spite of all of life's odds, I don't have the pretence in me. I only looked at what was brought to be in terms of action/behavior and what was brought to me from Friday. By the time I heard about what happened after Friday's LU, i think i had reached my boiling point specifically with Rishu, for several things already stated thus far and for many months, not just this one incident. I think personally, I tend to state things clearly (which is why Ash your note didn't upset me in it's tone as much as it's content) and they do come across as rude.
2. When I stated senior members, I meant just that, people who have been here for a long time. There was no disparaging/insulting meaning to it. For anyone to presume this is wrong, so I would like to correct it. I've welcomed people into the fold otherwise we wouldn't have an AT. As the scope of the show changes, more people will come and go. It's the nature of the beast.
3. With regards to - I respect who don't want to be here- it was only as a result of Aashu saying she would leave. There is nothing more, nothing less in this statement and I want you all to know that.
4. I want you to know that I value each of your contributions and your time coming here. I want this AT to grow and thrive with everyone and every good Abhigya opinion.
There are certain things that need addressing:
1. In my mind, I can only be responsible for my own actions. I shouldn't have let things reach a boiling point. I rarely vent publicly, I tend to do it more in private and this is not something I intended to do. I felt at the time that Iris and Don feedback was being received badly, Rishu told them to shut up (later understood it to be a MU) and things were getting out of hand. I reacted.
2. I should make it clear that I expect people to be more mindful about what's done and how it's done in the AT. On a basic level, if you're new here and you see someone doing something you want to do- Ask if you can join them and what you can do to help. I don't go by the- I want it now and fast scheme- of things. I want us to recognize each others efforts w/o putting others to waste and w/o first reaching out to them.
3. No one has come up so far wanting to do regular LUs. If there is someone, please let me know. I want clear, concise, well written regular updates that are easy to spot. By regular, even if it is one day a week but that one day needs to be regular. I want others who may be inclined to join to reach out so we could share the load.
4. I want to clarify that everyone is free to post SBS/SBB links, there is no restriction. Donny is traveling, she usually posts updates and so I just ask that you be mindful that she will post her full update eventually.
I will work with you on individually (you can reach me by PM) if you would like to discuss further. I don't think the AT should stay away from it's focus- which is Abhigya. Everyone hopefully has had a chance to provide their opinions and I'm hoping we can move forward from this.