Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Salman, Ma Ka Laadla Bighad Gaya (Page 2)

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Sirf maa ka laadla nahi..Maa aur baap ka ladla... Salim Khan too did a bad job (not that he is good man himself)... his bad upbringing inculcated all the wrong  values in him..and he as a grown up failed to shake them off.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnnaElsagrumpydwarfAkidhipallavi25

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Salman is 50 years old, Salma Khan's responsibility has long passed. But if his upbringing played a part in how he turned out, then, Salma wasn't a single mother. As much blame should be put on Salim Khan as well. She cannot criticize the Indian's society's regressive mentality of favoring sons over daughters and then turn around and put the sole responsibility of child rearing on the mother. It sounds pretty sexist and even misogynistic. Fathers play a very important part in shaping up their boys into good men or bad men. An important thing to keep in mind when one remembers Salman's attitude towards his past girlfriends.

At the same time, seeing his Mother, father, and siblings come out in the balcony and start waving and looking appreciative of the crowd celebrating their son walking away from punishment and responsibility once again, it is easy to assume they are just as caught up in Salman worshiping as the crowd below them. So perhaps Shobha De is onto something when she said he was raised with a sense of entitlement and "can do no wrong."

The father in this case is not even worth talking about. Ouch His interviews in defense of Salman make no sense! Equating him to Karna or some tragic hero and all other gibberish!

I agree with you that both parents have responsibility.

I myself advocate that.

But the point about over indulgent mothers is also valid.

Like Nargis who hid Sanjay's delinquent ways and drug abuse from Sunil Dutt for a long time.

It's problematic when mothers keep hiding or excusing wrong doings of a child and sometimes even prevent the father from disciplining the child. We have descriptions of such mothers in films like Raja Babu who would go to any extent to save their son.

Though in Salman's case I doubt if anyone ever tried to discipline him at any stage.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollyAkidhianitaraniVeni-Vidi-Vicipallavi25

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Salman is 50 years old, Salma Khan's responsibility has long passed. But if his upbringing played a part in how he turned out, then, Salma wasn't a single mother. As much blame should be put on Salim Khan as well. She cannot criticize the Indian's society's regressive mentality of favoring sons over daughters and then turn around and put the sole responsibility of child rearing on the mother. It sounds pretty sexist and even misogynistic. Fathers play a very important part in shaping up their boys into good men or bad men. An important thing to keep in mind when one remembers Salman's attitude towards his past girlfriends.

At the same time, seeing his Mother, father, and siblings come out in the balcony and start waving and looking appreciative of the crowd celebrating their son walking away from punishment and responsibility once again, it is easy to assume they are just as caught up in Salman worshiping as the crowd below them. So perhaps Shobha De is onto something when she said he was raised with a sense of entitlement and "can do no wrong."

The father in this case is not even worth talking about. Ouch His interviews in defense of Salman make no sense! Equating him to Karna or some tragic hero and all other gibberish!

I agree with you that both parents have responsibility.

I myself advocate that.

But the point about over indulgent mothers is also valid.

Like Nargis who hid Sanjay's delinquent ways and drug abuse from Sunil Dutt for a long time.

It's problematic when mothers keep hiding or excusing wrong doings of a child and sometimes even prevent the father from disciplining the child. We have descriptions of such mothers in films like Raja Babu who would go to any extent to save their son.

Though in Salman's case I doubt if anyone ever tried to discipline him at any stage.

From the looks of it at least, no one tried to correct him... I think his dad was proud of what he was turning into...and mom was blinded by her love.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atominis

Neela-Paani Goldie
Neela-Paani
Neela-Paani

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Salman's mom was this star of her college...too beautiful,very smart,active in arts and sports..she hailed from a Bengali Hindu background...Later she dropped out from college to elope with Salim Khan..she was amazingly talented and stunning..her potential was untapped cuz she fell in love with wrong guy :(

Edited by Neela-Paani - 11 May 2015 at 6:48am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

grumpydwarfIAmLuvBollyBootsLoverNimbuMirchiatominisVeni-Vidi-ViciScorpio_VelvetBeautyful_Messani_grblue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:34am | IP Logged
How long do the parents have to take responsibility for their grown up kids?? I don't think any parent teach their kids to do the wrong thing...Salman's most of the problems started atleast the ones that we know of...after he was 30...come on ...a 30 year old grown up man knows right from wrong...what has his mother got to do in this? 
When u leave the people on the road to die after injuring them...u are the one responsible...not Mommy and Daddy..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollyViccoTurmericBeautyful_Messani_gr

grumpydwarf IF-Dazzler
grumpydwarf
grumpydwarf

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:02am | IP Logged
rarely I agree with her but she did point out some harsh realities here! 
atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:05am | IP Logged
BI

I think the time to discipline the "child" has gone now. He is freakin' 50 years old now!

But I doubt if Salman was disciplined or taught anything even when he was young.

His actions as well as the way his family rushes to cover up everything he does, seem to suggest, no one ever laid even basic rules for him when he was a child.

I could be wrong. But I assume he was never seriously disciplined at any stage. Almost like how Nargis used to spoil her Sanju baba rotten.

His father has not played a positive role either, it seems.

Mothers can discipline only till the child is young. Once in his 20s or 30s, earning on his own and having own circle, the young male is virtually out of the mother's hands.

Still, it's a reality that Indian mothers are too defensive. You should have watched India's Daughter and seen how defensive even the convicted rapist's mother was, for her son!

You don't want to, or cannot discipline the child. Fine. But at least don't defend this blindly! Indian mothers, fathers and even siblings have this wrong attitude of defending the khandaan ka chirag or laadla no matter what.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollyBootsLoverAkidhianitaraniVeni-Vidi-Viciani_grpallavi25blue-ice.

sandiab IF-Sizzlerz
sandiab
sandiab

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:12am | IP Logged
This is ridiculous what is salman's age that his mother is still responsible for his actions? He is a grown man for god sakes. And really this article just shows hw a woman is blamed for everything did she make a child on her own, did she grow him up alone? Pathetic article.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wat_up

Go to top