Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

why do some women wear clothes they do (Page 2)

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

btw this is more common in women who are under 20 and over 40...I do understand the over 40 mindset... they either give up and dress sloppy especially if they have not been in shape.. or like malaika aora..continue to reveal their physical characteristics and gather attention... but again the question is what is the thought process.. is that married really trying to excite the mailes, say while she is walking rhgouth the mall. or something.. or its just being sadistic... (look you cant have this!!! :) )
kind of attitude!!!?

You tell me, don't you know what the girl thinks when she wears something? Yes I know that majority girls do think something when they wear some dress. Some want to look traditional, some decent and neat, some trendy and fashionable, some something else... Whatever it is, it is the lady's idea of looking presentable..

'She' isn't trying to excite but let me tell you frankly that girls do enjoy/gain satisfaction when a head turns :P ...and that's basic human nature. Wouldn't you feel good if a girl takes a second look at you? Guys also dress to impress. I've seen men(older than 40) wear tight tees to show off their "muscles" LOL

Firstly, there's no difference between men and women and their grooming :) ...alll are humans, all dress with some idea, there MAY be people who don't care at all. Both enjoy any attention, even the most shy and reserved ones. Among all the feelings "attention" produces, feeling of satisfaction is a definite one LOL It's all natural. Nothing wrong :) ...what's wrong is judging them on the basis of their dressing :)

On look but you can't have.. How is that sadistic LOL where did 'having' even come from? LOL

@personal preference. - it entails all her ideas of looking presentable:)

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 13 May 2015 at 6:18am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyesque_Angie__Darling_*Dev.*

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:48am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=qwertyesque]  

which part would be revealing... as much as the moral police allows.. and i dont think it requires a debate for that moral vigilante to get into action Smile

Since there is no consensus regarding standards of moral policing in the country any code of dress that is considered moral by one group could be deemed immoral by another and hence very much debatable. 

See its not about my comfort... but more to do with what the femaile wants to show, hide and highlight...Dont tell me women dont think when they dress up.

If a woman is showing , hiding or highlighting as per her own wishes obviously she is comfortable  with it and it is only the onlooker that seems to be getting uncomfortable with her decision LOL

As for what women think when they dress up it would be highly speculative as people differ in their thinking. However it would be safe to say that  a person's choice of attire is influenced to a great extent by the  prevailing trend at that place and time and occupation of the person. Other than that most girls like to experiment with different looks and generally depend on feedback from their female friends who are much more forthcoming and critical in their appraisal  as compared to their male friends who may not be able to distinguish blue from grey or red from orange .

I would like females to wear anything that highlights all her physical characteristics... why not.. but that doesnt happen.. someone wants to wear low neck, another one straps that fall off the shoulder or whateve that is.. another one.. her convex butt...the point is all this for what reason.. is this a kind of mating call.. or something?

Its her prerogative what she wears and it could be simply because it makes her feel good to see her own reflection in the mirror, or enjoy the approving glances cast her way . While she may enjoy the appreciative looks or compliments it would be too far fetched to interpret it as a mating call to all and sundry LOL 

Not saying that a girl never intends to invite attention, she may but that would be only directed to a special few and not to each and everyone out there so it would be wise to exercise caution before responding to any presumed mating call  that might be sent out and make sure whom it is being  directed to Tongue  [/QUOTE]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:49am | IP Logged

btw this is more common in women who are under 20 and over 40...I do understand the over 40 mindset... they either give up and dress sloppy especially if they have not been in shape.. or like malaika aora..continue to reveal their physical characteristics and gather attention... but again the question is what is the thought process.. is that married really trying to excite the mailes, say while she is walking rhgouth the mall. or something.. or its just being sadistic... (look you cant have this!!! :) )

kind of attitude!!!?

Oh well! Just because post marriage, Malaika refused to hide  herself beneath a burqa or an astronaut's suit it gets interpreted as "continue to reveal" ... Would you say the same about Arbaaz Khan when he sports a sleeveless T-shirt or shorts or lets say topless, post marriage? Before questioning Malaika's thought process did you pause to question her spouse's thought process ? "When he walks into a mall  dressed up in revealing clothes does he do it to excite the females out there or is he being sadistic?" I must admit that this is already sounding quite insane to me  ! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot._Darling_

mahalaxmi-sita Senior Member
mahalaxmi-sita
mahalaxmi-sita

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:59am | IP Logged

kind of attitude!!!?
ok so this is my experience regarding dressing sense of middle aged women in india. over 40 women who dress like malaika to attract attention or for whatever reason are very rare in india, maybe the high fi socialites, page 3 women, who are barely 0.1% of the population.
the average over 40 women don't really care how they dress or what they should wear, coz they feel they have passed their young days and are now on the verge of entering old age phase.
i have seen many middle aged women in public places in india who show their stomach, navel and even wear transparent blouses, but no man looks at them with lust the way they would look at say a 20 yr old college girl wearing the same stuff.

Edited by indianprincess - 14 May 2015 at 6:10am
BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:32am | IP Logged

i think women wear 'those' clothes for pretty much the same reasons as men wear 'their' clothes. These could include any or more of following- to look chic, to be comfortable, to look cool, to look hot, to fit in with others, to feel good as well as to feel good about themselves.

of course no one is looking to get hounded by the other sex for their clothes. You want people to find you attractive, but you dont want them to grope you or indulge in cat-calls or eve-teasing because of it... and they should not, needless to say.

there's a subtext in all this... The choices women/ men make with regards to dressing up/ down is in context of other people. Left to oneself with no one around, and with no prospect in sight, one might well traipse around in other attire or none at all :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

QuietlyLoud_Darling__Angie_Angel-likeDevil

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

[QUOTE=qwertyesque]  

which part would be revealing... as much as the moral police allows.. and i dont think it requires a debate for that moral vigilante to get into action Smile

Since there is no consensus regarding standards of moral policing in the country any code of dress that is considered moral by one group could be deemed immoral by another and hence very much debatable. 

Within a context of indian culture even a kid could tell if the girl dressed out of line.. its not like rocket science.. that needs a huge debate...of course most of our morality we get in legacy so that could be debatable.. not the actually right or wrong in appearances...For eg.. how many woman are willing to walk out of the home without wearing a bra... its not nude.. nothing is seen and lets assume for sake of debate that the fabric is thick enough to not be see through...i know of guys who have gone to school or work without underwear!!! LOL

See its not about my comfort... but more to do with what the femaile wants to show, hide and highlight...Dont tell me women dont think when they dress up.

If a woman is showing , hiding or highlighting as per her own wishes obviously she is comfortable  with it and it is only the onlooker that seems to be getting uncomfortable with her decision LOL

As for what women think when they dress up it would be highly speculative as people differ in their thinking. However it would be safe to say that  a person's choice of attire is influenced to a great extent by the  prevailing trend at that place and time and occupation of the person. Other than that most girls like to experiment with different looks and generally depend on feedback from their female friends who are much more forthcoming and critical in their appraisal  as compared to their male friends who may not be able to distinguish blue from grey or red from orange .

Actually all woman think alike.. which is why marketing anything for woman is not naive and successful... This point being aside...i agree experimentaion.. aligning with the popular actresses... where do i stand...etc. but why does she want to do that.. i want the deeper reason.. not something like kangana wore that dress so i want to wear it kind of thing...

I would like females to wear anything that highlights all her physical characteristics... why not.. but that doesnt happen.. someone wants to wear low neck, another one straps that fall off the shoulder or whateve that is.. another one.. her convex butt...the point is all this for what reason.. is this a kind of mating call.. or something?

Its her prerogative what she wears and it could be simply because it makes her feel good to see her own reflection in the mirror, or enjoy the approving glances cast her way . While she may enjoy the appreciative looks or compliments it would be too far fetched to interpret it as a mating call to all and sundry LOL 

Not saying that a girl never intends to invite attention, she may but that would be only directed to a special few and not to each and everyone out there so it would be wise to exercise caution before responding to any presumed mating call  that might be sent out and make sure whom it is being  directed to Tongue 

I do not question her prerogative.. but inviting attention.. for what? Also if it is meant for someone in particular that should be mad explicitly evident right? Otherwise.. everybody gets the right to misinterpret...their way...LOL

[/QUOTE]

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

kind of attitude!!!?

Oh well! Just because post marriage, Malaika refused to hide  herself beneath a burqa or an astronaut's suit it gets interpreted as "continue to reveal" ... Would you say the same about Arbaaz Khan when he sports a sleeveless T-shirt or shorts or lets say topless, post marriage? Before questioning Malaika's thought process did you pause to question her spouse's thought process ? "When he walks into a mall  dressed up in revealing clothes does he do it to excite the females out there or is he being sadistic?" I must admit that this is already sounding quite insane to me  ! LOL

Ok first of all this is not guys v/s girls debate.. secondly.. exposing unless its pulling their pants down in public doesnt apply to guys.. all the wardrobe malfunctions have been in reference to femail models... and photographers have gone to lengths to catch any sliver of this malfunction to get pulbicity...Malaika is over 40 and has children - what would justify her doing item numbers in bikinis... when her husband is counting crores and crores...

Now to your point if a guy wears a sleeveless t-shirt.. is that even noticed!!!? thats the conspiracy theory of the feminists... they have popularized all that bull.. i wore a shirt inside out to work one day and attended sever meetings and somebody pointed it out at the end of the day!!! LOL... Now if a girl wore a scoop neck and showed some cleavage... people would setup meetings an invite her LOL...
Guys dont know anything about dressing so dont even go there... LOL and if guys walk into the mall flexing their muscles and wearing cologne...etc... get it from me .. that is a mating call.. and every girl who he catched watching him are game.. Guys are pretty straight in this matter... no ambiguity..LOL
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

i think women wear 'those' clothes for pretty much the same reasons as men wear 'their' clothes. These could include any or more of following- to look chic, to be comfortable, to look cool, to look hot, to fit in with others, to feel good as well as to feel good about themselves.

of course no one is looking to get hounded by the other sex for their clothes. You want people to find you attractive, but you dont want them to grope you or indulge in cat-calls or eve-teasing because of it... and they should not, needless to say.

there's a subtext in all this... The choices women/ men make with regards to dressing up/ down is in context of other people. Left to oneself with no one around, and with no prospect in sight, one might well traipse around in other attire or none at all :)

if it was as simple as your first line.. We would have Victor's secret... for us..LOLLOL

Guys dont care for their dressing - its modern thinking that has made guys engage in feminine traits... otherwise men really dont care about these things...Smile

Go to top