KVB-Would Love To Play Ashoka(Tells more about QH Current Track)

flora212 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Karanvir Bohra aka Aahil of Qubool Hai chats with Sangeeta Yadavabout his show's ongoing shooting in Dharamsala, the much awaited big twist in the plot & his experience of shooting at a picturesque location

How is the story ofQubool Hai shaping up?

It's at its peak right now. The Pakistan plot has been shifted to Dharamsala where Sanam and Aahil will have a face off and that will bring a big twist in the story. Sanam has lost her memory and has been living the life of Jannat with Pakistani military officer Shaad. During their face-off, there will be happiness, confusion and misunderstanding. Aadil will think that Shaad has kidnapped Sanam, whereas Shaad will think that Aadil is trying to take Jannat away from him. This will lead to a big fight. It will be interesting to see what happens when Sanam gets her memory back and how Sanam and Aahil will get back together.

How is the shooting in Dharamsala going on?

I'll call it work with pleasure. Snow capped mountains, narrow valleys, small lakes, monasteries, lip-smacking food and friendly locales, there is a lot that we get to capture here for our show. The vibes here are so different. Not just the locals but foreigners as well come to us and request for pictures and invite us for evening parties. We wish to meet His Holiness Dalai Lama as well. Sometimes localites don't recognise us but they gather around to see the shoot and come for pictures and autographs. We want to spots that are not too touristy. Visiting new places and meeting people is always fun and exciting.

What do you take back home from these outdoor shoots?

Shopping! I love to shop and having been doing so for myself and my family whether it's knick-knacks, clothes or accessories.

TV is slowly opening up to bold and sensual scenes. What do you have to say about this trend?

Qubool Hai will also have bold scenes. The show is heading in that direction. On a serious note, the way we are going, the sensor board will come into TV soon. You can't show sensual scenes on a prime time slot. Ekta Kapoor's shows have bold scenes but they are just suggestive and in tune with Indian sensitivities. We are opening up a platform where parents can talk to their children on all topics. Times have changed. Earlier, the idea about romancing was very lyrical, poetic and indirect. Instead of saying, hey let's have sex', they used to say aaj ki raat hamare mohabbat ki raat hai'. That made women go weak in the knees. Today, we express our emotions more directly.

Have you ever thought of playing a mythological character?

I would love to play Ashoka because he had grace in the way he conducted himself. There is a younger Ashoka and you never know if he grows up to be me.

How do you choose your projects?

I'm a workaholic and I love my job. I choose shows on 3Cs. First, the character has to be strong. Even if the story changes now and then, you should be true to the character and portray it convincingly. Once I catch the character, I'll not let it go. In Saubhagyavati Bhava, the character became so strong that everybody wanted me to be only that. But I have decided that I'll not do a character that is similar to Viraaj because he is already famous.

Second, is clothes. I believe that you are known for your style and I've carried this since my first showJust Mohabbat. I used to carry my own clothes for the shoots. For Kasautii Zindagii Ki, we spent around Rs1.50 lakh on clothes and accessories. I design my own clothes. I can't compromise on that. The third C is lots of cash.

What kind of shows are received well on TV?

Whether it's a TV show or a movie, it has to be entertaining. Drama is the key. Titanic was an entertaining drama. Even if we go and make an offbeat movie or a serial, it still has to have drama in it. Our audience is so stressed in today's time that they look for light hearted entertainment that can de-stress them. Neither actors should nor producers should take it seriously. You entertain and you move on.

How are Hindi GECs shaping up?

TV is still growing. Some shows that are being made are at par with how movies are made in terms of script and presentation. Moving from showcasing women-centric stories to men-centric stories, is attracting a lot of men to TV. When I was doingKasauti Zindagi Ki, Salim (Khan) uncle gave me the biggest compliment of my life. He said: When I see your acting, the way you carry your role it reminds me of Sanjeev Kumar."

What attracts men to daily soap?

Different people have different parameters when it comes to choosing the show they see. Some like a show just because it has well-groomed men. Some watch it to see how they can woo their lady love. I try to fit into audience's demands. Some say that I should be a dancer, so I practise dance also. You've to fit into every category as an actor. For an outsider, the life of an actor may look glamourous and easy, but it's not easy to reach the top and remain there.

What about the trend of finite shows and people watching entire episodes on DVDs?

While there are some finite shows that have done very well, it is still in its nascent stage. There will be a time when more and more of such shows will be made. As for people buying DVDs, there are some who buy it after they have watched it on the TV because they want to watch it again and again. But it will be difficult to have a DVD of a daily soap. Even if it is edited to reduce the time, it will not  be possible to have it out in a DVD format. The collection of DVD will become the big trend after the finite shows on TV become popular. I used to have all the DVDs and tapes of Yeh Jo Hai ZindagiDhoop KinaareNukkar,MahabharatRamayan and many others.

Quote Unquote

The whole Pakistan plot has now been shifted to India now. There was a terrorism angle but that was just plot that led Jannat and Shaad to India. Shaad wants peace between India and Pakistan but he was manipulated for the evil intentions by Sashi Kapoor, who is actually a spy and on a run

Varun Toorkey

aka Shaad of Qubool Hai

Dharamsala plot is the beginning of the big transition. The fun actually begins when Aahil and Sanam would come face to face. Shaad thinks that Sanam is Jannat, who had lost her memory. Whereas Aahil would recognise her as his wife Sanam. What unfolds later would be interesting to watch out for. Shooting in Dharamsala is breathtaking. It has given a visual break to the story, making it more relatable to the people who have been there before

Surbhi Jyoti aka

Sanam of Qubool Hai

Would Love To Play Ashoka- Article Link

Edited by flora212 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
YASSS!!!!! Bold, but make it good, mmkay. Not artificial, cringeworthy stuff. Saif-Chudail for instance, are hot and done well. So was Aahil-Sanam2 seduction sequence with Dilbar Dilbar.

Qubool Hai will also have bold scenes. The show is heading in that direction. On a serious note, the way we are going, the sensor board will come into TV soon. You can't show sensual scenes on a prime time slot. Ekta Kapoor's shows have bold scenes but they are just suggestive and in tune with Indian sensitivities. We are opening up a platform where parents can talk to their children on all topics. Times have changed. Earlier, the idea about romancing was very lyrical, poetic and indirect. Instead of saying, hey let's have sex', they used to say aaj ki raat hamare mohabbat ki raat hai'. That made women go weak in the knees. Today, we express our emotions more directly.

Edited by KhatamKahani - 8 years ago
Jiyaaa..... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Qubool Hai will also have bold scenes. . The show is heading in that direction. On a serious note, the way we are going, the sensor board will come into TV soon. 

OMG!! 

I had a big smile on face when I read the above comments for obvious reasons ๐Ÿ˜†

TFS, Flora ๐Ÿค—

Edited by Jiyaaa..... - 8 years ago
flora212 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

YASSS!!!!! Bold, but make it good, mmkay. Not artificial, cringeworthy stuff. Saif-Chudail for instance, are hot and done well. 

Qubool Hai will also have bold scenes. The show is heading in that direction. On a serious note, the way we are going, the sensor board will come into TV soon. You can't show sensual scenes on a prime time slot. Ekta Kapoor's shows have bold scenes but they are just suggestive and in tune with Indian sensitivities. We are opening up a platform where parents can talk to their children on all topics. Times have changed. Earlier, the idea about romancing was very lyrical, poetic and indirect. Instead of saying, hey let's have sex', they used to say aaj ki raat hamare mohabbat ki raat hai'. That made women go weak in the knees. Today, we express our emotions more directly.

This made me think Is EMA version really on the way?  ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿคฃ Yaaah Bold Scenes Between the future track of QH seems highly interesting! 
flora212 thumbnail
Besides QH having bold scenes from long time๐Ÿคฃ I mean not between leads but of course between lead and other characters๐Ÿ˜† but honestly till now ChuHil seduction and Saif Chudail scenes has been presented in pretty good way. 
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
โ“

The whole Pakistan plot has now been shifted to India now. There was a terrorism angle but that was just plot that led Jannat and Shaad to India. Shaad wants peace between India and Pakistan but he was manipulated for the evil intentions by Sashi Kapoor, who is actually a spy and on a run

@bold red and and โ“ @ bold black. 

Dharamsala plot is the beginning of the big transition. The fun actually begins when Aahil and Sanam would come face to face. Shaad thinks that Sanam is Jannat, who had lost her memory. Whereas Aahil would recognise her as his wife Sanam. What unfolds later would be interesting to watch out for. Shooting in Dharamsala is breathtaking. It has given a visual break to the story, making it more relatable to the people who have been there before.

This is only goes with what I've been saying all along. Shaad is delusional!

Edited by KhatamKahani - 8 years ago
Mini2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow!!!!bold scenes coming up...I want only sahil scenes...hope gul and cvs doesn't disappoint us
flora212 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

โ“

@bold red and and โ“ @ bold black. 

Dharamsala plot is the beginning of the big transition. The fun actually begins when Aahil and Sanam would come face to face. Shaad thinks that Sanam is Jannat, who had lost her memory. Whereas Aahil would recognise her as his wife Sanam. What unfolds later would be interesting to watch out for. Shooting in Dharamsala is breathtaking. It has given a visual break to the story, making it more relatable to the people who have been there before.

This is only goes with what I've been saying all along. Shaad is delusional!

This means Shaad has some brain related problem? ๐Ÿ˜•
Ok Whatever! Wait wait a fight will also take place!  ๐Ÿ˜ฒ OMG ๐Ÿ˜ณ
NnonaA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It seems like qh is getting on the line finally...
Now we can watch qh without quitting in between at least for sometime...

Laura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Tfs! Loved it so much, spetially the part about bold scenes! 

Edited by LauraVIP - 8 years ago