Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

+1. 

Gunday, Kill Dill, Ram Leela all are Masala flicks.

Ranveer is yet to do action, comedy, Drama, Period peice (BM hasnt come out yet), Thrillers among other genres.

He has done mostly Masala movies so the notion that he is versatile is wrong. He might end up being versatile but right now he is not even close.

What is the difference between Masala and all the genres you mentioned?? 😆  maybe you should check wikipedia 😊
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I hope not. 
 Hrithik hams his way through commercial flicks. I find him intolerable. If anyone wants a good reminder please look up the gifs from Yaadein, MPKDH. 

Ranveer's worst movie- Kill Dill isn't even as half bad as Hrithik's earlier movies. Having said that I do like him in off beat movies- Lakshya, Luck By Chance & JA.
Ranveer still has a long way to go and if he does keep up the work he did in Lootera, BBB, Ram Leela he has the opportunity of doing something special.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Eboza

What is the difference between Masala and all the genres you mentioned?? 😆  maybe you should check wikipedia 😊

Or maybe you should learn the difference??

And Wikipedia, really??😆 The worst place to get any knowledge from.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Gawd I hope he doesn't replace Hrithik.😆 I can't stand Hrithik's hamming. I am pretty much the only person in this forum who has disliked him from Kaho na pyar hai itself. And it has never changed...well Fiza was an exception and Agnipath, somewhat. But nothing else.🤔

1+++
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Gawd I hope he doesn't replace Hrithik.😆 I can't stand Hrithik's hamming. I am pretty much the only person in this forum who has disliked him from Kaho na pyar hai itself. And it has never changed...well Fiza was an exception and Agnipath, somewhat. But nothing else.🤔

Naaah Sista
Same pinch...actually I'm so indifferent to HR unless of course he's with Bebo
That sometimes I forget he exist 😆 and I'm not exaggerating anything.
I just seem to forget that he's part of BW.

But he's good looking for the most part
And good actor when he's not overacting 😆
Such comparisons are baseless. No one is gonna replace another. They all will have their own place. I am not a fan of HR except liking his in some movies, but seriously comparing RS to him is like those threads where RK was being compared and said to replace Khans! No one likes to see it. 
HR is been in industry for years and he is successful. There is no reason to compare RS or anyone newbie or new actors with him no matter how good they are, they are still behind HR in terms of success. It just turns people against the new actors by being compared to seniors who've been here for a long time and worked hard to sustain their success. 
Did anyone see how RK comparison with Khans backfired when Besharam was released? The whole forum, or at least almost everyone in this forum, was celebrating the flop. So, yeah, no reason to compare. Let RS work hard, improve more, take more diverse roles, and let him maintain his success then. No need to compare him with HR or Khans, or anyone else of such actors. 
Edited by _Darling_ - 8 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why am I not surprised? Coz i been on this forum long enough. ðŸ˜‰
Hrithik was pitted against 3 Khans right from his KNPH. not one khan but 3 khans. ðŸ˜† Only srk was doing well at that time thou.. ðŸ˜† On that forum those days (India fm forum where Taran A was there.. Planet Bollywood was other big BW forum where Komal Nahata was the reviewer and trade analyst.) They r still around but I dont what happened to those websites. ðŸ˜•

Anyways, there were mostly Srk fans, HR fans and Sunny deol fans back then. Huge fights.. this forum is saint compared to those ones. ðŸ˜†

Anyways, Ranveer is most welcomed to replace Hrithik when HR replaces all 3 khans. ðŸ˜‰ Challenging roles of Aamir, Star power of salman, and idiotic films of srk. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tltWCGUdb4g

PPl forgot KMG the movie here I think. Just watch it.. its only 3 min. Too bad, I cat find the scene on YT ...where HR is holding Lord Krishna's murti and saying" Aaap ke paas to bahot shakti hai, thodi shakti mujhe bhi de do bhagwan". 

Nope, he doesnt look like Greek God in those scenes. After giving series of so-called flops, he was "finished" by media. And KMG came.. a HUGE risk by the roshans. Big budget, aliens, space ship, mentally challenged youth as a hero.. but it ticked all the boxes when it was released. classes, masses, BO, awards..everything. The credit also goes to papa Roshan. 

MPKDH was so pathetic.. yes, HR's worst performance ever.. and Kareena and entire star caste except for Abhi B (he was given a good role), including the animated parrot and dog.. the whole was some kind spoof.. and not even funny. Nobody asks here what the heck the gr8 Sooraj barjatya was smoking those days. ðŸ˜† Yes, didnt like HR in MDK and Yaadein either.. common factor is Kareena. 

But, KNPH- can ranveer or anybody can create the mania that that film created. ðŸ˜² I liked the film but didnt becomeHR fan then. I wanted see if he can "ACT".and then Fiza and MK came out.. and I am his fan. As a newbie, he did sign some crap movies but since KMG, there only one crap movie i can think of is"Kites". 

This is a guy who did wonders to NZ tourism and overseas students industries.. NZ Pm back then acknowledged it... he got married with his teenage sweatheart at the height of his popularity, His dad was shot by underworld mafias for not complying with extortion threats, media trying to bring him down even if his 3rd opened bigger than Mohabbtein and 4th film was BB.. SRK (the only superstar back then) confessing he felt insecured abt HR's popularity and appoligised for the infamouse Pepsi ad where they braught HR lookalike and made fun of him. The backlash was so big, srk had to say sorry. 

Ok, if u say, hey c'mon dude, get back from time tarvel, so Im back. I think HR's last 2 films were K3 (where he played 3 roles, an old genius with mannersims of a child, a regular hubby, and a superhero who didall the stunts by himself). Ithink he also danced..making hard steps look easy and easy steps look memorable. and another was Bang Bang. Too bad, he didnt posted his open skull operation wounds on social media.. he just worked his arse off to make that movie meet the deadline. MJ tribute was icing on the cake. Katrina, one of the best dancers in BW looked like extra in front the natural dancer. 

So, Ranveer. Lets give him some space. Compare him to varun or may be even Ranbir. But why compare? Let him make his own name in BW. Hr went thru all the troubles of success and failure...extream highs and deepest lows.. Dont wish that for some younger stars. 

The only thing I can say to Ranveer is this " Mate, hold ur horses off cameras, coz media is too powerful and in ur face these days, ur antics come across if u r some 'Chhichora" dude, not worth taking seriously. That image would translate on to the screen. Ppl wont take u seriously in serious roles.. cozit looks like u r abt to laugh but making that serious face for the camera. Dont become another Govinda, he was is very talented, but he went too far with his comedy image. Srk was also in danger of the image after doing Darr, Bazigar and Anjaam... but then DDLJ came. 

The image Kjo has ðŸ˜† I wanna see the reaction of  ppl here. No,I m i not gonna watch BV. 

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 8 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I do like Ranveer. But Hrithik has  a very gripping personality. With Ranveer its more about his energy. So,no. I dont think so. Ranveer is a good actor too though,no denying that.
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Why am I not surprised? Coz i been on this forum long enough. ðŸ˜‰

Hrithik was pitted against 3 Khans right from his KNPH. not one khan but 3 khans. ðŸ˜† Only srk was doing well at that time thou.. ðŸ˜† On that forum those days (India fm forum where Taran A was there.. Planet Bollywood was other big BW forum where Komal Nahata was the reviewer and trade analyst.) They r still around but I dont what happened to those websites. ðŸ˜•

Anyways, there were mostly Srk fans, HR fans and Sunny deol fans back then. Huge fights.. this forum is saint compared to those ones. ðŸ˜†

Anyways, Ranveer is most welcomed to replace Hrithik when HR replaces all 3 khans. ðŸ˜‰ Challenging roles of Aamir, Star power of salman, and idiotic films of srk. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tltWCGUdb4g

PPl forgot KMG the movie here I think. Just watch it.. its only 3 min. Too bad, I cat find the scene on YT ...where HR is holding Lord Krishna's murti and saying" Aaap ke paas to bahot shakti hai, thodi shakti mujhe bhi de do bhagwan". 

Nope, he doesnt look like Greek God in those scenes. After giving series of so-called flops, he was "finished" by media. And KMG came.. a HUGE risk by the roshans. Big budget, aliens, space ship, mentally challenged youth as a hero.. but it ticked all the boxes when it was released. classes, masses, BO, awards..everything. The credit also goes to papa Roshan. 

MPKDH was so pathetic.. yes, HR's worst performance ever.. and Kareena and entire star caste except for Abhi B (he was given a good role), including the animated parrot and dog.. the whole was some kind spoof.. and not even funny. Nobody asks here what the heck the gr8 Sooraj barjatya was smoking those days. ðŸ˜† Yes, didnt like HR in MDK and Yaadein either.. common factor is Kareena. 

But, KNPH- can ranveer or anybody can create the mania that that film created. ðŸ˜² I liked the film but didnt becomeHR fan then. I wanted see if he can "ACT".and then Fiza and MK came out.. and I am his fan. As a newbie, he did sign some crap movies but since KMG, there only one crap movie i can think of is"Kites". 

This is a guy who did wonders to NZ tourism and overseas students industries.. NZ Pm back then acknowledged it... he got married with his teenage sweatheart at the height of his popularity, His dad was shot by underworld mafias for not complying with extortion threats, media trying to bring him down even if his 3rd opened bigger than Mohabbtein and 4th film was BB.. SRK (the only superstar back then) confessing he felt insecured abt HR's popularity and appoligised for the infamouse Pepsi ad where they braught HR lookalike and made fun of him. The backlash was so big, srk had to say sorry. 

Ok, if u say, hey c'mon dude, get back from time tarvel, so Im back. I think HR's last 2 films were K3 (where he played 3 roles, an old genius with mannersims of a child, a regular hubby, and a superhero who didall the stunts by himself). Ithink he also danced..making hard steps look easy and easy steps look memorable. and another was Bang Bang. Too bad, he didnt posted his open skull operation wounds on social media.. he just worked his arse off to make that movie meet the deadline. MJ tribute was icing on the cake. Katrina, one of the best dancers in BW looked like extra in front the natural dancer. 

So, Ranveer. Lets give him some space. Compare him to varun or may be even Ranbir. But why compare? Let him make his own name in BW. Hr went thru all the troubles of success and failure...extream highs and deepest lows.. Dont wish that for some younger stars. 

The only thing I can say to Ranveer is this " Mate, hold ur horses off cameras, coz media is too powerful and in ur face these days, ur antics come across if u r some 'Chhichora" dude, not worth taking seriously. That image would translate on to the screen. Ppl wont take u seriously in serious roles.. cozit looks like u r abt to laugh but making that serious face for the camera. Dont become another Govinda, he was is very talented, but he went too far with his comedy image. Srk was also in danger of the image after doing Darr, Bazigar and Anjaam... but then DDLJ came. 

The image Kjo has ðŸ˜† I wanna see the reaction of  ppl here. No,I m i not gonna watch BV. 

That movie always makes me laugh.🤣
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Eboza

Some people have definetely a problem with the definition of versatile. But Each to their own i dont comment on that. What was so unique in D2 and Bang Bang that RS cant do it?? The little bit of action scenes that Ranveer has done in Lootera without the OTT like in the named movies are more authentic than HR has ever done. Going OTT even the little scenes in Ram Leela looked for my taste better. Yes HR looks better than Ranveer especially because of the eyes but RS has enough charisma to pull it off. Still for someone like Ranveer who has only a handfull of movies shows more potential for doing every kind of movies what HR is still not able to do after so many years. Its funny that HR is so good lookiing that nobody can replaces him. What will you do when other starts to compare him with the names of SidM or ARK.

i guess you need to watch Bang Bang action sequences,.. 🤣
so far THE THE BEST action sequences in Indian Cinema,.. even Salman n Akki havent tried their hands on this type of action,..