India-Forums

Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian
Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

Things the show is getting wrong about the work place

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:38pm | IP Logged

(Shakes head). They had such a good start too, with Rads' daddy asking about salary and PF and all that fun stuffLOL.

1) People cannot be hired on the spot regardless of company's image if they are not qualified. Mrs Khanna could have fired her daughter (although that would have brought legal problems still) for giving an invalid job offer. How does she know the girl is not a psychopath or a thief or a corporate spy? What about resumes and references and background checks?Shocked

2) CEO is not King (or Queen). NO ONE announces an important position like that of Creative Director at an internal presentation.  Generally these things go through a Board of Directors, if the position is high enough. 

3) What Arjun did would make him criminally liable (as he really admits to stalking her) and as it appears he knew she will be a subordinate, BS would be liable right along with him. At this point, Sam could sue both BS and Arjun and end up with BOTH assetsLOL

4) There is no serious ad agency which will use its own creatives as models. First of all, they are not professionals. Secondly, work environment goes caput. Thirdly, again that pesky problem of female employees being able to sue the company for Neanderthal behavior LOL

5) Operations and Core activity are mostly kept separate in big organizations. Arjun as COO (I think) would have NOTHING to do with the creative side of things. He definitely would not get to decide on who their model will beShockedLOL

6) The C suite would be so far above the reach of interns that they might as well be from different planets. Unless the intern is Monica Lewinsky, there is no chance of romancing the bossLOL

7) The C suite is usually occupied by middle aged people unless company is baap ka maal. Not handsome young menLOL

Feel free to add.

Edited by AnuMP - 10 May 2015 at 12:41pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

MaNan_SamArjBrokengirlOmkaraDeewanisweetypie225EkPagliLadkimuktha_cuteThePirateKingjhankarbeats87viji2111amritatsherlockthorDivyaDivI10Lifez_BeautifulHeavens_Kissannihilationashneanjani-pagliPrincyz_Bellesoni595rekha.366*Dev.*

Preethi1 IF-Sizzlerz
Preethi1
Preethi1

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
gurujii!! i think u are in that feild thats y you are able to point out these things! thats niceClap
i wana add: BS doesnt have writers for their tags lines! like seriously?LOL

Edited by ..preethi.. - 10 May 2015 at 12:51pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetypie225viji2111muktha_cute..sahana..AnuMPArjaAddict

Preethi1 IF-Sizzlerz
Preethi1
Preethi1

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
sorry double post

Edited by ..preethi.. - 10 May 2015 at 12:55pm
Lifez_Beautiful IF-Rockerz
Lifez_Beautiful
Lifez_Beautiful

BollyCurry Assistant Writer

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Hehehe totally agree with u on all points! Great post! N yeah unless u r boss's PA, no other level employee other than top level management can hv access to the COO,CEO, etc! There is an official hierarchy for God's sake! Forget an intern actually getting a chance to have a word with them... it mostly starts n finishes with gudmrng n gudevngs... N get nods in return...

Edited by Lifez_Beautiful - 10 May 2015 at 12:54pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

muktha_cuteAnuMPPrincyz_Belle

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
I actually watch Mad Men which is also about an ad agency. The boss's secretary is actually a talented writer and the boss gives her a chance to write copy. She is a serious competitor nowSmile
But that at least made sense. He knew her to begin with!
Lifez_Beautiful
Lifez_Beautiful

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnuMP

I actually watch Mad Men which is also about an ad agency. The boss's secretary is actually a talented writer and the boss gives her a chance to write copy. She is a serious competitor nowSmile
But that at least made sense. He knew her to begin with!

Exactly! Boss's PA is the only exception to management hierarchy...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnuMP

Ri21 IF-Sizzlerz
Ri21
Ri21

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
i was thinking the same thing. m still not convinced the way radhika got the job
and coming to arjun 
ceo coo posts ppl are very experinced like samrat.. arjun gettng the post was really not digestable. is he so rich?? Confused
how can he get it easily and piyali didnot even inquire about him.. she ll get backstabbed soon as shapan told her to ask samrat about it befr hiring but now looks like piyali can go to any extent to bring bs in no 1 position.
as sam being the model i think she can definately refuse that she doesnot want to be. i hope she does

muktha_cuteAnuMPPrincyz_Belle

Lifez_Beautiful
Lifez_Beautiful

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Btw on a different note I dun thnk Sam is the model... I think he just made a rough draft kinda ppt to show how the actual ad should be and what it should be based on...

muktha_cuteAnuMPRi21

Go to top