Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: AvadaKedavra

+1

Also, she was wayyy OTT in HDDCS.

Edit: The only movie I thought she acted well in was JA. 

What about Taal, Guru, Provoked, so many others?  Aish just didn't need Sanjay Leela Bhansali to act.  Subhash Ghai, Mani Ratnam, etc. also brought out the best in her.  ðŸ˜²
Originally posted by: _Darling_

I find Kangana really good. She was so underrated all these years for her performances until last year. I guess that's why you find her overrated now after people recognized her post Queen. But Queen isn't even her best performace. Yes, I can say she had star power as she made it hit alone carrying the film especially a female oriented film. But her past performances like in Gangster, lamhe, Fashion were so much better yet she was unerrated at that time.  So i am happy she find got her deserving due. It's like Aamir whose past performances were much better like in Earth 1947, but he was underrated at that time. So not many know that movie where he was amazing, but he's more famous for performances in TP, 3 idiots, etc as they were box office hits. ðŸ˜†

Honestly, I found DP good in her first movie, so I don't get how she improved. I guess I am the only who really liked her there. For me she's the same in terms of acting, it's only she did more diverse roles. But nothing else. Even if she improved, it's not like others didn't have such journey. And, It's been long she has entered industry, so just improving doesn't excuse her when she should be best by now. All actresses never took so long to improve and too just to be still average actress. After Anu's improvement and success, DP come across as nothing since she came before Anu and had way more opportunities and publicity, but still behind her in terms of acting, star power, etc. 

I know Ash is so good. I miss actresses like her Who could act, dance, and would look good as well. 

THIS. 

I always thought the same about her. I found her not so bad in many of her previous movies. Thus the improvement ain't as drastic as its made out. She was actually better in some of her old  movies, some Parinde movie where she acted blind is so much better than the likes of Cocktail IMO. May be it's cuz after Cocktail she got that sex factor which attracted many. Otherwise not much growth. Her acting in Piku is just as same, nothing much incredible. Even the movie was alright. Parents got irritated with both AB Sr and DP's "who's voicebox the largest" competition ðŸ˜† I only watched it more for Irfan and he's a dream on screen. He ate away both with his subtle acting in half the screen time he was given. So yeh, watch it for him. But be prepared to get bored and irritated if you aren't into OTT shouting cum acting...😆
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
she was really good in provoked and looked best in it with less make up..
rimoo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
well chokher bali is my most fav aish film. she was heavenly without makeup. i believe it was rituparno ghosh who got the best out of aish. its true she has not gotten her due as an actress which she deserves. 
anyways bollywood has produced and will produce many good actresses, but it will be tough to produce another aishwarya Rai!
briahna thumbnail
Originally posted by: kitkataha

Her Jazbaa will knock herself out of Bollywood for good.

timely bomb!
mushqte thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Of course Ash is a very talented actress, no one can take that away from her. She has shaped up into a superb actress over the years displaying a good variety in the films/roles she chose.

Would certainly call her as one of the most talented commercial female stars in the last two decades or so. She kept challenging herself with different subjects when she could have easily chosen a conventional path. She did complete justice to Iruvar, Nandini of HDDCS, Kiran jeet of Provoked(How amazing was she!),Neeru of Raincoat(Wow! is the only word), Binodini of Chokher Bali( Such a multi-layered character.. manipulative yet heartbreaking), Meenakshi ofKandukondein ( Marianne has the most amount of character growth in SnS.. Ash was simply amazing),Paro of Devdas, Sarkar Raj(Steely, powerful presence),Sujata of Guru, Jodhaa of Jodhaa Akbar etc.. 

She was just brilliant in her last film Guzaarish, can't wait to see what she does next. 

Even with jazbaa she is doing something that she has never done before. From what I hear it sounds pretty awesome. Can't wait for the trailers to come out!
Edited by mushqte - 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Fiery-Phoenix

THIS. 

I always thought the same about her. I found her not so bad in many of her previous movies. Thus the improvement ain't as drastic as its made out. She was actually better in some of her old  movies, some Parinde movie where she acted blind is so much better than the likes of Cocktail IMO. May be it's cuz after Cocktail she got that sex factor which attracted many. Otherwise not much growth. Her acting in Piku is just as same, nothing much incredible. Even the movie was alright. Parents got irritated with both AB Sr and DP's "who's voicebox the largest" competition ðŸ˜† I only watched it more for Irfan and he's a dream on screen. He ate away both with his subtle acting in half the screen time he was given. So yeh, watch it for him. But be prepared to get bored and irritated if you aren't into OTT shouting cum acting...😆

I know, right. I thought I was the only one who liked her from her first movie, was fine with her previous movies, and I didn't feel any change in her acting till now. ðŸ˜† You said correctly . It's now she has sex factor which she didn't use to have before or didn't look like the way nor was she popular at that time. People used to think she was beautiful or sometimes may be hot, not like how now she is called sexy and all. 
I don't really mind dramatic acting and performances if Piku is that way, but i don't feel like watching it. Father-daughter relation is kinda boring to watch. But may be I will watch if I feel like it. ðŸ˜†
raj80 thumbnail
no...Ash is an ok actress...there r far better actresses than her now...
Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I prefer watching Aish to likes of Shradha ,Parineeti etc

I wud rate DP and Aishwarya at same level,performance wise.Anushka and Sonam comes next.
kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Aishwaria is certainly better than Shraddha  but I'll prefer Parineeti over Aishwaria any day. Even I rate Deepika and Aishwaria equally as actresses, but since Deepika is little kid compare to Ash (not talking about age but experience, she did movies with stalwarts - 3 films each with SLB and Maniratnam, one with Rituparno Ghosh,  1 with Ashutosh Gowarekar) and Deepika has done much less work, and the promise she has shown in such small time, I think she is slightly ahead of Aishwaria right now. Anushka is better than both. 
For me its Kareena> Vidya> Priyanka>Anushka> Deepika> Parineeti>Kangna> Aishwaria> Katrina> Sonam > Shraddha
Edited by kumro-potash - 8 years ago