Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sunday Dhamaka: Aish's acting more superior than the girls of today?! - Page 8

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Ash is a good actor but she does not belong in the creamy layer of great performers.  PC, Kareena, Vidya take the cake when it comes to acting effortlessly and blowing people away consistently. But yeah, on IF she's unfairly looked down upon with hatred. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
 I am waiting on Jazbaa. I am a sucker for courtroom dramas.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: atominis

Only on IF I see pages of internet ink wasted on Ash's BO pull or acting. 😆

Otherwise sorry. She was never a BO draw nor a great actress except 1 or 2 films.

I am amused how trash like Umrao Jaan is also called good here. Though reality is that it butchered the original and sank without a trace both critically and commercially.

I do not expect much from Jazbaa just because of the filmmaker behind it.

Sorry but I doubt it can top the likes of Piku, NH 10 and others.

Today's girls are far more natural than Ash ever was in her entire career. She's just a super successful supermodel/beauty queen and one with high profile links.

Agreed the movie was long and boring but she got some really good reviews for her acting in the film. You cant discredit her with that. ðŸ˜Š
-Arsal- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Saraa.

I am a huge fan of Kareena but will try to be as unbiased as i can be

Kareena has UP and she is truly mind blowing actress. If her role is really good then its gonna be her. BB has an amazing story but don't know about the role. If her role is good then its gonna be her year for sure. However, BB seems like more of salman movie. 

I highly doubt that its gonna be kangana or priyanka year. Kangana has TWMR but I don't think its gonna be another queen. Priyanka has BM but its a supporting role and she has DDD. But lets not forget Anushka is also there plus ddd just doesnt seem a movie like barfi or fashion.

I believe its going to be between Kareena, Deepika, and Vidya. 

Anushka had NH10 which was mind blowing but I think other performances can easily beat it. BV seems to be a disaster in making. 150 budget is way too much! 

Now coming to Kajol and Alia. Kajol has dilwale but its not multi starer. However if she can score big with k3g then anything is possible. Alia has shandaar and UP. Yeah now she has a chance but in order to get that performance of the year tag, she has to overshadow Kareena which is impossible! Because kareena is mind blowing actress. And isn't shandaar a wedding destination movie or something? Shandaar might be another 2 states for her at best!

I believe its between Kareena, Deepika, and vidya. 

BV's budget is 80 crores. And going by the promos I sense a spectacular performance from her. She is going to be a real strong contender with BV and NH10.

I am huge Kareena fan as well. Just hope that she has a meaty role in BB and that UP releases this year. She can win it all. 

DDD can still win PC the gold. Looks different and she was perfect in the trailer. Plus she is going to pawn Deepika in BM.

Vidya as you said is Vidya. She can turn the most stupid scripts into gold. But its going to be an uphill task to win with that melodramatic movie.

Kajol, Deepika, Alia are out of the race. Kajol is in a radom Masal movie and other two need to improve leaps and bounds to match the above. I saw Piku today and found it to be good. DP was good too but still she didnt beat her best which was KCK.

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Veritaserum

Ash is a good actor but she does not belong in the creamy layer of great performers. PC, Kareena, Vidya take the cake when it comes to acting effortlessly and blowing people away consistently. But yeah, on IF she's unfairly looked down upon with hatred. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I am waiting on Jazbaa. I am a sucker for courtroom dramas.

Vidya and Priyanka maybe

Kareena consistently blowing people away with her acting

Her last film got horrible reviews. It did well but critics butchered her acting playing along side Ajay Devgan.

Also she can't dance like Aishwaryia. It seems too exaggerated and no fluid movement.
atominis thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

<font color="#006666">Agreed the movie was long and boring but she got some really good reviews for her acting in the film. You cant discredit her with that.😊</font>

Wonder which reviews you read...

I remember critics ripping her apart on TV back then.

Umrao Jaan is an all round failure, including the performances.
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

BV's budget is 80 crores. And going by the promos I sense a spectacular performance from her. She is going to be a real strong contender with BV and NH10.

I am huge Kareena fan as well. Just hope that she has a meaty role in BB and that UP releases this year. She can win it all. 

DDD can still win PC the gold. Looks different and she was perfect in the trailer. Plus she is going to pawn Deepika in BM.

Vidya as you said is Vidya. She can turn the most stupid scripts into gold. But its going to be an uphill task to win with that melodramatic movie.

Kajol, Deepika, Alia are out of the race. Kajol is in a radom Masal movie and other two need to improve leaps and bounds to match the above. I saw Piku today and found it to be good. DP was good too but still she didnt beat her best which was KCK.

ohh I thought its 150 LOL. Well lets see. I like anushka esp after peekay. She was good in nh10. lets see how bv goes. 

Kareena damn if UP releases this year then No one can beat her. BB seems to be amazing movie. I don't know about her role but I am really excited for it. 

See with pcee i am not sure. she will get a lot of praises for ddd but will it be the performance of year? I highly doubt that but you never know

Vidya is a really good actress and she's really good with intense roles. So you never know. I will watch HDK as i like such type of movies.
 Deepika? No Piku was really good and so was deepika. If BM and Tamasha release this year then its her year. Alia? yes shandaar seems another 2 states and if UP releases this year then kareena will end up overshadowing alia. so no chance! Kajol? I don't know but most likely no. But again if she can get it right with k3g then she can get it right with any movie! 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Aish is not as bad of an actress as she made to be. I def dont know about her surprassing the level of performance done by Anu, Pri and others.Edited by grumpydwarf - 8 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Aish is a decent actress, with her strength lying in period films.
Her more silent films are her forte.

P.S.
Can we PLEASE stop with the aunty nonsense? It's annoying and it's actually quite lame and derogatory. Not to mention totally hypocritical considering the ages of our heroes.
HarveySpecter thumbnail

Wonder which reviews you read...

I remember critics ripping her apart on TV back then.

Umrao Jaan is an all round failure, including the performances.

Will set the record straight then.

New York Times - The actress's presence is undeniable. Ms. Rai has Western films coming; "Umrao Jaan" seems like a way station on her path to international success.

Planet Bollywood - Displaying the right amount of poise and beauty, Aishwarya is dazzling and convincing in a role originally essayed by Rekha. Not only is she aesthetically pleasing, but this performance should also clear any nuances of her performances being inert. Her fragile image, mannerisms and dialect - all add to the charm of "Umrao Jaan". Having played characters of this era before in "Devdas" and "Choker Bali", Aishwarya exudes confidence yet again.

Rediff - Finally, there is Aishwarya Rai -- the star, queen and saving grace of Umrao Jaan. She enthralls with her gorgeousness, the precision in her dance movements, elegance in her gestures and sincerity in her willingness to become Umrao Jaan Ada.

Variety - With lighter makeup than usual for a period story, radiant Rai shows a naturalism usually found only in her contempo comedy-romances, and is light years from her perf in the top-heavy "Devdas."

Bina007 - Aishwarya Rai's performace is superb - and I never thought I would say this - is as searing as Rekha's. 

BBC - The incandescent beauty and artistry of Aishwarya does indeed keep the audience watching

BollywoodHungama - Aishwarya Rai looks ethereal. In fact, it's after HUM DIL DE CHUKE SANAM that Ash has looked heavenly and performed so convincingly. She emotes through her expressive eyes and the consistency in her performance is evident from start to end. This can easily rank amongst her prized assignment in her repertoire. 

Baradwaj Rangan (Hindu) -  She looks lovely, she dances like a dream, and she even does creditably with those pesky Urdu dialogues. (Hey, you try pronouncing khuda in a way that the first syllable seems to emanate from the epiglottis!) What she cant manage to do is dislodge Rekha from our minds as the definitive Umrao Jaan, but then no one quite manages to rise above their counterparts in the earlier version.

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Only on IF I see pages of internet ink wasted on Ash's BO pull or acting. 😆

Otherwise sorry. She was never a BO draw nor a great actress except 1 or 2 films.

I am amused how trash like Umrao Jaan is also called good here. Though reality is that it butchered the original and sank without a trace both critically and commercially.

I do not expect much from Jazbaa just because of the filmmaker behind it.

Sorry but I doubt it can top the likes of Piku, NH 10 and others.

Today's girls are far more natural than Ash ever was in her entire career. She's just a super successful supermodel/beauty queen and one with high profile links.

+1

Also, she was wayyy OTT in HDDCS.

Edit: The only movie I thought she acted well in was JA. 
Edited by AvadaKedavra - 8 years ago