Another Day! Mother's day OS

Posted: 8 years ago

I hope you guys like it!... Trying new genre :)

Another Day...

The sun was still penetrating through the leaves, growing up from horizon. Birds chirping up in the blue sky spreading an early chorus. She leaned back her neck over the bench smiling at the nature's gifts. Gifts of nourishing life, gifts of cherishing life...

Her trance broke as she heard commotion in the backyard garden, a pretty girl in her white frock came rushing behind a little puppy.

"Leo..." she cried as she chased little Pomeranian

She sat there watching her girl play merrily with her dog, a serene smile crossing her face. Being a mother was an experience that carried myriad of emotions. She was trying to experience something she wanted to so badly. The little girl, Keira who stole her mother's long hair, her father's sweetest features looked happier than ever. She was learning new words these days. Sanyukta remembered hearing her faint learning of words, how badly she wanted to help her. But as Keira would hear the door squeak she would turn silent and start playing with her toys.

Sanyukta caressed her flattened belly, still cherishing the feeling of her being there a few years back. She would still feel her being there.

"She's an early birdie just like you" Sanyukta turned to see him sitting next to her

"But she loves dogs just like you" she told her husband who noticed her hand still in her lap

"She is growing up isn't she?" he told her softly

"I saw her learning words last night" she smiled still cherishing the sight in front

"Last night?"

"Yes, she was practicing on mother and asking about apostrophes" Sanyukta told Randhir with excitement spreading across her cheeks, "She's a good learner just like you"

"But she's naughty like you" Randhir chuckled back showing her how Keira filled her pup Leo's bowl than drinking it herself.

"Aww... my baby" Sanyukta felt tears stinking her eyes as Keira was afar doing all this in their backyard

"You miss her don't you" Randhir moved closer to Sanyukta trying to comfort her as they sat over the concrete bench under the peach tree.

Peach tree they both planted exactly 7 years back when they brought this property. As newly married back then they were busy exploring each other's interests. Being arranged by their parents they were together exploring a new phase of their life. Each day was a new story, she would cherish his sweetness while he would admire her dedication.

Later when they both became pregnant, Randhir remembered how she would never stop craving for peaches.

"Randhir, let's grab a peach pie" she told him pouting caressing her newly forming belly bump

"Sanyukta... If I know baking that doesn't mean you would keep persuading me with those puppy pouts" Randhir encircled his arms around her neck as she hopped on the granite shelf

"Please please please..." she told him again trying her luck

"Sanyu..." He pecked her cheek softly, massaging her head with his fingers

"No... don't do that. I'll sleep again" she told him like a kid

"Fine...but last one" He told her

"For today" she winked as he sieved the flour and passed her a glare, "How bout we plant a peach tree right in the back yard?"

"Yeah right! With you eating so many of them. Our baby will only grow up with that taste" he chuckled while she scratched her temple thoughtfully

From next day onwards all the peach cores ended right into the pit in backyard. To their surprise a month later a sapling grew out surprising them both.

"Randhir..." she slurred over the call

"I'm so sorry... Sorrryyy" he told her the moment he picked up her call

"It's okay just check your email..." He could hear her smile, that's what he loved the most about her. She would understand him without a word. She would love without expectations...

"I'm sorry..." he still repeated

"You know there's always second time" she chuckled on the other end, "My darling husband...please stop apologising... I know work is important..."

The next moment she heard him sniff, "Aww...listen baby daddy's crying"

Randhir knew she must have put her phone on speaker for that, how he just wished to gather her in his arms, "Thank you" was all he whispered looking at the first image of their baby on sonogram video.

"I love you...and thank you!" she told him back making him wipe his tears

"Love you more" he ended the call

Their pregnant months were the times that brought the couple closer, Randhir cherished pampering his wife in her new phase. A new journey of parenthood they were excited to begin.

"The due date's coming Randhir" Sanyukta shouted checking on the calendar while wearing her pyjamas

"Really?" Randhir came out after taking shower, "Aww baby I can't wait to pick our baby in hands... And for you to rest..." Randhir told Sanyukta crushing her in a bear hug from behind.

"Ehh... I feel so heavy..."

"Don't worry... I will carry it once out" Randhir chuckled

"Hey..." she swatted his arm, "our baby's not a burden on me"

"I know my love...I was just kidding" he pecked her temple cuddling her more in his loving embrace

"Just a week more..."

Sanyukta was feeling uneasy as they settled for dinner, she gulped down the whole glass of water. Randhir caressed her hand over the table noticing her uneasiness. "Sanyukta...are you okay?"

"I don't know Randhir... I' m feeling uneasy" she told him innocently

"Let's go!" he told her pressing Sanyukta's hand in assurance

"Where?" she panicked

"To doctor of course... We can't risk this!" he told her with concern

"No I think it's just the hormones"

"Please Sanyukta don't be stubborn...Maybe you will run into labour sooner" Randhir told her looking at the red mark on calendar which was not far.

"Okay" she didn't deny and grabbed her blazer, clasping her tummy. Randhir grabbed the car keys and his overcoat as he unlatched their garage door.

Sanyukta took to the passenger seat and belted as Randhir pulled towards the hospital. Roads were scantier as clock showed 11 in the night.

"Is it paining?" Randhir asked taking her hand in his free one

"Randhir please be careful" Sanyukta told him fearing the night driving

The signal turned green and Randhir pulled into motion on the lone crossing.

"Mom..." Keira's words broke their trance, Sanyukta saw her leaping into Vidhushi's arms, Parth approached right behind her.

"Baby..." she caressed her little Keira's hair and then settled her on the chair and pulled her hair into braid while Parth clicked their picture.

"You know she's pregnant" Sanyukta told Randhir with a smile amidst her tears, while Randhir knew what was running across her mind.

"Parth told me yesterday" Randhir smiled

"He told us yesterday but I knew it before that from Vidhushi" she smirked

"They will make lovely parents" He told her softly as Sanyukta wiped her faint tears again

"Randhir..." He heard her agony filled voice, he knew it wasn't easy for her.

That night a truck lost its balance as it's axel broke, it crashed right over the car crossing the road. The brakes couldn't hold the momentum, car was shoved under the truck. Couple inside died on the spot but as the bodies were recovered. The pregnant woman didn't lose her child. The baby girl was lucky to survive as her mother covered her and curled up, reducing the impact on her child to minimum.

Sanyukta couldn't ever feel the pain of delivering her baby as she feared and told Randhir about. Randhir could never feel the joy of catching his baby into his arms. Randhir and Sanyukta died but their baby girl survived. Parth and Vidushi, their closest friends took baby Keira next day with them. They named her as per Randhir and Sanyukta's wish. Keira was their last memoir to them.

"Happy... mother...'s... day" Sanyukta heard her baby saying, this time Randhir's eyes were filled with tears. He couldn't hold it more. Till now he tried and consoled Sanyukta but deep down only they knew how destiny snatched something so precious.

Sanyukta wished if she could only hug Randhir right now, but spirits couldn't hold onto.

"Randhir... I'm happy. She is seeing the world. Our baby is happy!" he heard her say, Sanyukta's eyes were transfixed on the family in front of her.

She saw how Vidushi took the colourful card from her and kissed Keira lovingly. Parth then picked up Keira and offered her to go out for Sunday Ice cream while Vidhushi looked carefully at the card. Before moving inside Parth stood at the porch looking at the bench right under the peach tree.

"Dad" Keira poked Parth's cheek breaking his trance

"Come Keira...Let's meet someone" he told her while Keira looked confused

"Do you know what is this?" he asked as he reached

"It's a tree, Dad"

"It's just not a tree it's a very special tree" Parth told her kneeling down and putting Keira to the ground

"Why dad?"

"Because..." They both tuned to see Vidhushi standing behind them, "Keira if you ever feel lone, sad, happy or bad... you can always come here and this tree will listen to you."

"Really? Mom" she asked astonished

"Go you can try... come here" Vidushi pulled Keira and whispered in her ear.

Randhir and Sanyukta witnessed the whole exchange, Keira came near the bench sat on it. She was right between them, she then folded her palms and closed her chocolate brown eyes.

Randhir almost felt like crushing her into a hug, he leaned over her and placed a faint kiss. Sanyukta tried encircling her arm around her daughter. As they leaned in they heard their Keira's faint whisper.

"I love you muma papa...Thank you!"

Faint smiles spread across their faces, a longing dream fulfilled.

"Let's go dad" Keira then got up and jumped back to Parth's arms.

"Felt good baby"

"Yes dad... Thank you"

As they went away Vidushi came to the bench and kept Keira's card over it, "I know you both are here and I know I can't be Sanyukta to her or Parth be Randhir to Keira... But I assure you We won't disappoint you. You both have a beautiful daughter!" she wiped her tears and went back in.

After that incident Vidhushi and Parth decided to raise Keira in the Sanyukta and Randhir's home. Feeling this would only make her feel at home, the loss that occurred that night couldn't be ever fulfilled.

But as a vow and promise they waned Randhir and Sanyukta to see their baby grow. The walls still held their touch. The yard still held the garden's they planted together. Even their pictures were never removed from the walls, just an addition of Keira's pictures were added. Their fragrance still lingered around.

"Sanyukta..." she heard his faint whisper, as she looked at him he stood up and looked above. Birds were flowing back home...It was time they went back... back to where they belong!

"hmm..." she nodded... "I'm sorry..." she told him getting up

"Sanyukta..." he stood next to her, "Why?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you another chance..." her eyes looked into his...

"Don't be...there's always another time..." he told her softly walking into oblivion...

wow gun di.πŸ‘πŸ‘
loved it..

it's beautifull!!😳
Edited by thundercute - 8 years ago
Awww!! You made me cry Seerat πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­
Beautiful... I've no other words πŸ˜³ πŸ˜³

Originally posted by thundercute

wow gundi.πŸ‘πŸ‘
loved it..

it's beautifull!!😳

thanksie bby lovee... :*

Originally posted by -Isabella-

Awww!! You made me cry Seerat πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­
Beautiful... I've no other words πŸ˜³ πŸ˜³

awww isabelle... m chorrryyy ...thanksss  :)
Edited by Gunseerat - 8 years ago
wow 
Marvelous Os.
A best os for mother's day dedicated to all the mothers.
keep writing more
Originally posted by Lunalovegood

wow 
Marvelous Os.
A best os for mother's day dedicated to all the mothers.
keep writing more

thank u ... i love ur username... :* ...
awww yess dedicated to all mom''and parentss
wow
its really beautifulπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
IReally wanted to read some of your works finally got a chance :D 
Omg Gun di i just can't believe you are such an amazing writer 
I mean i have read your portions in sammy di's write ups :D and from then i wanted to read your works
This was a masterpiece trust me !!
You definitely write from the heart 
Take a bow 
Beautifully written ^_^
Keep writing 
Originally posted by Sagl

IReally wanted to read some of your works finally got a chance :D 
Omg Gun di i just can't believe you are such an amazing writer 
I mean i have read your portions in sammy di's write ups :D and from then i wanted to read your works
This was a masterpiece trust me !!
You definitely write from the heart 
Take a bow 
Beautifully written ^_^
Keep writing 

awww darling... thank u sooo much... this means a lot to mee... awww i m soo smiling hearing this from u... awww 

*bows back in thankss*
Hey di..I guess after a very long time...
Well the os is just mindblowing..
U penned eac n every emotion so well..
Its just so beautiful
Awesome one..truly...
Magnificent piece of work...
Loved it..
Love,
Harika..keep smiling..it looks good on you