Posted: 17 May 2015 at 3:11am | IP Logged
LONG REPLY, YAYY! Me loves it. Much more than simple 'thank you's & likes. And sorry for the late reply.. i completely forgot about this post until I saw it on the first page today.
I agree with you.. mother/son pointing guns at each other was like WOW. I was skeptical really whether this show would do justice to such a concept & not turn it into a mere saas/bahu saga but boy, I am glad. Its going great so far.
Some points you mentioned about
1. I did not like Sher pouring water on Gajra either. But it was the right thing for Sher to do at that moment. It wasn't just to merely get Shraddha to apply the ointment on him, but it was to save Gajra from the embarrassment. But in saving her from that embarrassment, he also ridiculed her for the rest to laugh at so that he could be part of that crowd. That is one major thing about Sher. He wants to help, but he helps in such a twisted way that the person is helped, but also ridiculed at the same time. Similar thing happened with Shraddha getting caught by BD. He could have taken her, but he chose to give her the advice to run away. This is one thing that is going to change later, as the promo indicates, Sher will openly stand with Shraddha & 'shoot' whoever that harms her.
2. Sher & Shraddha are definitely one of the smarter leads so far, who don't just blindly take others' words. They very well know the people around them & don't let others influence their thoughts. Sher is more susceptible to influence, but that is more when it hits his ego, as we saw in the way he asked Shraddha to hit Sumer.
3. Kirtida's acting is still weak & yes, often she mumbles her dialogues. But I think its the way the CVs want to potray her. In scenes where she can openly speak without having to sound scared, she is decent. But yes, she has improved majorly from the first episode.
4. Sher is just like Bhanvari. He will hit many spots with just one arrow. BD telling Shraddha to tell Sher the truth was such a smart move. She knew that it would 'kill' her son to know that Shraddha did not marry out of love. She knew it would hurt him that Shraddha didn't speak to him. She knew that Sher would feel stifled in such a marriage. But what she underestimated was Sher's love, which seems to be growing so strongly that he cannot understand the depth of his emotions..and therefore is conflicted.
5. Sher did not bring Sunehri to make Shraddha jealous. He has made it very clear that even if Shraddha were to harbour feelings for Sher in the future, he wouldn't believe it. And that would be a big issue. He brought her, IMO, to reassert his position. To show Shraddha & BD that he too can do whatever he wants. He knew it would be disrespectful to bring a dancer, but he did it purposely.
I hope I addressed most of the points. It was a long reply indeed. But thank you for it! I love this show too & it has the potential to be so damn good, for a long amount of time given the fact that we have so many interesting characters & a good/interesting backdrop. Let's hope the CVs live up to it :)