Defence Hammers Prosecution on May 8 2015 - Page 5

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Kareenafanatic

It doesn't matter how drunk you are or what you're doing as long as you're not driving. Even if Salman was drunk as hell, if he was not driving - there is no case. And prosecution hasn't been able to prove that he was driving. Negligence from the Sessions Court has resulted in this verdict. I'm pretty sure - unless the Indian penal system is hellbent on making an example out of Salman - there will be no case because nothing can be proven here. Lack of evidence always favors the accused. Salman doesn't have to prove he's innocent. The prosecution has to prove that he was driving, hence, guilty.

Nah. He's already been sentenced to 5 years by Rajasthan High Court for illegal Arms Act.

If the SC declares a verdict, Salman has nowhere to go now. He has to own up. I doubt the Prez would be involved. I think the SC will impose heavy fines on Salman and give him a sentence of 2 years. If they sentence him to 6 months, there will be severe backlash from the media. This upcoming May 28th hearing is more important for Salman than the hit-and-run case.

But why 5 years just for killing an animal? ðŸ˜•
@ Darling

It's not just killing animals. First, he killed 2 chinkaras and a black buck. Both endangered species, yet if that were the only offense, they'd have charged him for a year or would have resolved the issue through fines and community service.

But the main case is of illegal Arms. The licence of Salman's arms had expired when he hunted down those creatures. Salman claims that he had applied for an extension of his licence and it was just about to arrive. Courts believe he had illegals arms in his possession.

He was sentenced for 5 years because of those illegal arms, according to the Court. He received an additional 1 year sentence for killing of those animals. The maximum sentence in illegal arms act is 7 years. 5 is again too harsh. I can see it coming down, but I think Salman will have to go to jail this time.
Originally posted by Kareenafanatic

@ Darling

It's not just killing animals. First, he killed 2 chinkaras and a black buck. Both endangered species, yet if that were the only offense, they'd have charged him for a year or would have resolved the issue through fines and community service.

But the main case is of illegal Arms. The licence of Salman's arms had expired when he hunted down those creatures. Salman claims that he had applied for an extension of his licence and it was just about to arrive. Courts believe he had illegals arms in his possession.

He was sentenced for 5 years because of those illegal arms, according to the Court. He received an additional 1 year sentence for killing of those animals. The maximum sentence in illegal arms act is 7 years. 5 is again too harsh. I can see it coming down, but I think Salman will have to go to jail this time.

He has such a bad luck. 
And guys Salve is his lawyer. So the bail and the stuff is his doing. Maybe Amit is on his team or something but Salve is definitely in charge.

He ain't charging close of 30 laks per day for nothing. Salve came on board the case when it moved to HC. He doesnt take cases in the session courts.
Salman has appointed an Excellent Lawyer ...Why the hell he appointed that dumb lawyer before
5 years even 2 years is too  much for illegal arns act in hunting case  
These cases have been made a big deal  over the years because over the years Salman became a really huge superstar.  If he was not a superstar, these cases would be gone. 

As far as I can tell, hit n run has so many loopholes that prosecution cannot prove but just guess it was him because he is salman khan. 

Five years is way too much for blackbuck case! 
Who is salman's lawyer for that case?
Edited by Saraa. - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Saraa.

Five years is way too much for blackbuck case! 
Who is salman's lawyer for that case?

Sorry to say, but 5 years for Blackbuck is the biggest joke. I really don't get at how countries laws aren't strict over rapists, murderers, pedophiles, illegal drug trafficking, etc who deserve death penalty, IMO. But they are always strict in Other light cases like Blackbuck, etc. 
Originally posted by _Darling_

Sorry to say, but 5 years for Blackbuck is the biggest joke. I really don't get at how countries laws aren't strict over rapists, murderers, pedophiles, illegal drug trafficking, etc who deserve death penalty, IMO. But they are always strict in Other light cases like Blackbuck, etc. 
I know right. its a huge joke! Rapist, murderers ect are roaming around free but they are making these type of cases so big. I mean no I am shocked!