Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PIKU vs FITOOR. Which will have done better (Page 4)

Meherbaan IF-Sizzlerz
Meherbaan
Meherbaan

Joined: 23 February 2013
Posts: 11469

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Meherbaan

lol those who keep mentioning item number, katrina got no item number in her next 3 films.
Katrina got a big role in the film, it's a love story! she will be there at least 40-50% of the film.

Nope 25-30 percent at best.

If they really follow the book; it will be the same lenght as Rekha and Ajay (if he is playing the convict)

Aditya will have 70-75 percent screen time.

from what I know her role is bigger than that!

Abhishek is not copying the book ! he is inspired by the great expectation ! of course he will add his own touches to the film or else where is the excitement factor.

Heard Katrina's role is bigger than Estella's was in the book.

If the film is 2 hours, she will be there for 1 hour for sure.

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Joined: 25 July 2014
Posts: 4690

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Based solely on acting??
Do you know Fitoor's cast??
Aditya, Katrina, Rekha, Ajay, Anupaman, Lara, Aditi among others. 

And nope Fitoor wont be a flop.

a) It has too good a script/source material.
b) A stellar cast.
c) Abisheikh Kapoor as the director.
d) Music from Amit Trivedi who said Fitoor is his best till date.

Fitoor will get a 10 crore+  openning and from there the story(bound to be good at worst) will make sure it gets a huge total.

If thats true the success won't be because of Katrina. 

I really don't even consider her the female lead. 

Great Expectations is mostly about the guy, the jilted bride who takes him in. 

His desire for her niece who briefly appears every now and again in the story. 

So the success will mostly depend on Rekha and Aditya and Katrina is a wall flower. 



Kat is the female lead. Estella is a huge part of the book and Pip's life. She is always present in the back-drop.

I think screen time will be;

70-75 percent Aditya. He has scenes with everybody.
25 for Kat.
15 percent for Rekha and Ajay. He plays the convict.
7-10 for the rest.


like you said Estella is mostly in the back drop. Forbidden fruit. 

most of the dialogue that delves into the characters and their story is between Miss Havisham and Pip.

The jilted bride kills herself and that's the climatic end. 

That and how the man pip had hidden from the Law when young had become wealthy and funded his move up in society. It is revealed. 

Not Miss Havisham who Pip had originally suspected throughout  most of the film.

Have you read the book becuase nothing of that sort happens.

You must have seen a movie adaptation. And the reveal is much earlier in the book.

The climax is;

Spoilers:
Pip meets Estella at the house and they walk away together with Pip saying that he doesnt see another parting from her.
Meherbaan IF-Sizzlerz
Meherbaan
Meherbaan

Joined: 23 February 2013
Posts: 11469

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Based solely on acting??
Do you know Fitoor's cast??
Aditya, Katrina, Rekha, Ajay, Anupaman, Lara, Aditi among others. 

And nope Fitoor wont be a flop.

a) It has too good a script/source material.
b) A stellar cast.
c) Abisheikh Kapoor as the director.
d) Music from Amit Trivedi who said Fitoor is his best till date.

Fitoor will get a 10 crore+  openning and from there the story(bound to be good at worst) will make sure it gets a huge total.

If thats true the success won't be because of Katrina. 

I really don't even consider her the female lead. 

Great Expectations is mostly about the guy, the jilted bride who takes him in. 

His desire for her niece who briefly appears every now and again in the story. 

So the success will mostly depend on Rekha and Aditya and Katrina is a wall flower. 



Kat is the female lead. Estella is a huge part of the book and Pip's life. She is always present in the back-drop.

I think screen time will be;

70-75 percent Aditya. He has scenes with everybody.
25 for Kat.
15 percent for Rekha and Ajay. He plays the convict.
7-10 for the rest.


like you said Estella is mostly in the back drop. Forbidden fruit. 

most of the dialogue that delves into the characters and their story is between Miss Havisham and Pip.

The jilted bride kills herself and that's the climatic end. 

That and how the man pip had hidden from the Law when young had become wealthy and funded his move up in society. It is revealed. 

Not Miss Havisham who Pip had originally suspected throughout  most of the film.

Have you read the book becuase nothing of that sort happens.

You must have seen a movie adaptation. And the reveal is much earlier in the book.

The climax is;

Spoilers:
Pip meets Estella at the house and they walk away together with Pip saying that he doesnt see another parting from her.

An article was out recently which stated Katrina's role is bigger than Estella's was.
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Joined: 25 July 2014
Posts: 4690

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meherbaan

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Meherbaan

lol those who keep mentioning item number, katrina got no item number in her next 3 films.
Katrina got a big role in the film, it's a love story! she will be there at least 40-50% of the film.

Nope 25-30 percent at best.

If they really follow the book; it will be the same lenght as Rekha and Ajay (if he is playing the convict)

Aditya will have 70-75 percent screen time.

from what I know her role is bigger than that!

Abhishek is not copying the book ! he is inspired by the great expectation ! of course he will add his own touches to the film or else where is the excitement factor.

Heard Katrina's role is bigger than Estella's was in the book.

If the film is 2 hours, she will be there for 1 hour for sure.

I doubt it as it will ruin the essence of the story. Abisheikh said that it was an adaption so they have to stay as true as possible to the book.

Now Estella will be bigger than the book because its a visual medium. Her relationship with her husband, Havisham and those times when Pip thinks about her will have to be shown.

But still not that big as they have so much material. They wont and cant afford to miss out on that.

It will 30 percent at best as I said which is really good. It more about the strenght of the role rather than screen time. And Estella scores heavily on that note. Will be in serious contention for the female role of the year.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vib.

Atomicbomb IF-Rockerz
Atomicbomb
Atomicbomb

Joined: 13 March 2014
Posts: 8277

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Based solely on acting??
Do you know Fitoor's cast??
Aditya, Katrina, Rekha, Ajay, Anupaman, Lara, Aditi among others. 

And nope Fitoor wont be a flop.

a) It has too good a script/source material.
b) A stellar cast.
c) Abisheikh Kapoor as the director.
d) Music from Amit Trivedi who said Fitoor is his best till date.

Fitoor will get a 10 crore+  openning and from there the story(bound to be good at worst) will make sure it gets a huge total.

If thats true the success won't be because of Katrina. 

I really don't even consider her the female lead. 

Great Expectations is mostly about the guy, the jilted bride who takes him in. 

His desire for her niece who briefly appears every now and again in the story. 

So the success will mostly depend on Rekha and Aditya and Katrina is a wall flower. 



Kat is the female lead. Estella is a huge part of the book and Pip's life. She is always present in the back-drop.

I think screen time will be;

70-75 percent Aditya. He has scenes with everybody.
25 for Kat.
15 percent for Rekha and Ajay. He plays the convict.
7-10 for the rest.


like you said Estella is mostly in the back drop. Forbidden fruit. 

most of the dialogue that delves into the characters and their story is between Miss Havisham and Pip.

The jilted bride kills herself and that's the climatic end. 

That and how the man pip had hidden from the Law when young had become wealthy and funded his move up in society. It is revealed. 

Not Miss Havisham who Pip had originally suspected throughout  most of the film.

Have you read the book becuase nothing of that sort happens.

You must have seen a movie adaptation. And the reveal is much earlier in the book.

The climax is;

Spoilers:
Pip meets Estella at the house and they walk away together with Pip saying that he doesnt see another parting from her.

I saw a film adaptation. 

that's what happened in that one and  pretty good.


Atomicbomb IF-Rockerz
Atomicbomb
Atomicbomb

Joined: 13 March 2014
Posts: 8277

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Meherbaan

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Originally posted by Meherbaan

lol those who keep mentioning item number, katrina got no item number in her next 3 films.
Katrina got a big role in the film, it's a love story! she will be there at least 40-50% of the film.


Nope 25-30 percent at best.

If they really follow the book; it will be the same lenght as Rekha and Ajay (if he is playing the convict)

Aditya will have 70-75 percent screen time.


from what I know her role is bigger than that!

Abhishek is not copying the book ! he is inspired by the great expectation ! of course he will add his own touches to the film or else where is the excitement factor.

Heard Katrina's role is bigger than Estella's was in the book.

If the film is 2 hours, she will be there for 1 hour for sure.


I doubt it as it will ruin the essence of the story. Abisheikh said that it was an adaption so they have to stay as true as possible to the book.

Now Estella will be bigger than the book because its a visual medium. Her relationship with her husband, Havisham and those times when Pip thinks about her will have to be shown.

But still not that big as they have so much material. They wont and cant afford to miss out on that.

It will 30 percent at best as I said which is really good. It more about the strenght of the role rather than screen time. And Estella scores heavily on that note. Will be in serious contention for the female role of the year.


I don't think Katrina dialogue will be strong. Has her Hindi improved.

Her latest watch advert her voice is still being dubbed. Unless she can keep it minimum Hindi and speak mostly in english when acting.

Edited by Atomicbomb - 10 May 2015 at 6:46pm
nonam Goldie
nonam
nonam

Joined: 14 March 2012
Posts: 2410

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
why are you even a comparing a movie as wonderful as piku with a movie that hasn't even released yet
and one where the heroine is receiving such accolades with complete non actor
one of the most wonderful things about piku on the big screen, was deepika's natural beauty. now that's not gonna happen with fitoor now is it?
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Joined: 25 July 2014
Posts: 4690

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nonam

why are you even a comparing a movie as wonderful as piku with a movie that hasn't even released yet
and one where the heroine is receiving such accolades with complete non actor
one of the most wonderful things about piku on the big screen, was deepika's natural beauty. now that's not gonna happen with fitoor now is it?

Huh??

What has that got to do with this topic??

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 135 136

Author: xroshnix   Replies: 1086   Views: 143682

xroshnix 1086 143682 10 June 2015 at 4:47am by kimi484
'Piku' is Deepika's career best: Ranveer Singh

Author: pradipnn   Replies: 1   Views: 317

pradipnn 1 317 09 May 2015 at 1:30am by SELINA_MV
Piku Updates

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91

Author: burnedlace   Replies: 724   Views: 52496

burnedlace 724 52496 08 May 2015 at 1:33pm by touch_of_pink
Not done not done

Author: ilovedhanjanird   Replies: 6   Views: 838

ilovedhanjanird 6 838 01 October 2013 at 12:30pm by TeAmo_Messi
KATRINA KAIF: BETTER instincts MAKE better ACTORS?

2 3 4

Author: WhipCreamPantie   Replies: 24   Views: 4850

WhipCreamPantie 24 4850 28 October 2012 at 3:55pm by 2RsFan

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index