PIKU vs FITOOR. Which will have done better - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
Abhishek's both films did well without a star. Fitoor could be his biggest hit as it has Kat and Aditya.

Piku needs a two week steady run to be a hit given the budget is 32 cr.Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 8 years ago
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Based solely on acting??
Do you know Fitoor's cast??
Aditya, Katrina, Rekha, Ajay, Anupaman, Lara, Aditi among others. 

And nope Fitoor wont be a flop.

a) It has too good a script/source material.
b) A stellar cast.
c) Abisheikh Kapoor as the director.
d) Music from Amit Trivedi who said Fitoor is his best till date.

Fitoor will get a 10 crore+  openning and from there the story(bound to be good at worst) will make sure it gets a huge total.

If thats true the success won't be because of Katrina. 

I really don't even consider her the female lead. 

Great Expectations is mostly about the guy, the jilted bride who takes him in. 

His desire for her niece who briefly appears every now and again in the story. 

So the success will mostly depend on Rekha and Aditya and Katrina is a wall flower. 

Originally posted by rosetreasures

a Katrina movie with no item numbers? why would the makers take that risk? 😆

YRF took that risk with MBKD and they made bank. Immu was doing ok but not great back then and had racked up some flops by then and Ali Zafar was just  starting to get notice as actor. 

Same with New York. No item songs, terrorism angle (when it was not used as heavily in movies as it is now and they didn't know how audience would respond to that), Neil with no appeal, and an untried director in commercial cinema. Kat, John and Irfan were the plus points. Movie was a hit. 
Edited by EllaElla - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Atomicbomb

PIKU is not mainstream so it is doing okay. 

Fitoor is giving me feeling it ain't mainstream either. If they stay true to GE.

This film for all we know could be Aditya's who will finally show some acting ability and Katrina makes brief appearances. 

Great Expectations is mostly centered around the male lead and their perspective anyway. 

The female lead doesn't make many appearances.

The Bride left at the alter features more.

Makes me think maybe  she is the female  lead but doubt Katrina is playing that role. 

Who is playing that?

Bride left at the alter?? Miss Havisham?? Rekha is playing her.

It will be Aditya's for film as its Pip's story. I think he is perfect for the role and will nail it.
He has proven that he is a good actor with A2, YJHD and DEI.
people keep saying Aditya and Kat film. 
Do realise if its like Great Expections Katrina part is not big and neither the main lead

If anything this will be an Aditya- Rekha film as they will have the most dialogue

If thats true the success won't be because of Katrina. 

I really don't even consider her the female lead. 

Great Expectations is mostly about the guy, the jilted bride who takes him in. 

His desire for her niece who briefly appears every now and again in the story. 

So the success will mostly depend on Rekha and Aditya and Katrina is a wall flower. 

Kat is the female lead. Estella is a huge part of the book and Pip's life. She is always present in the back-drop.

I think screen time will be;

70-75 percent Aditya. He has scenes with everybody.
25 for Kat.
15 percent for Rekha and Ajay. He plays the convict.
7-10 for the rest.

people keep saying Aditya and Kat film. 
Do realise if its like Great Expections Katrina part is not big and neither the main lead

If anything this will be an Aditya- Rekha film as they will have the most dialogue

Thank God ...I'm excited for Fitoor considering the story but Kat being in it put a damper on my excitement...glad she's not a main lead
Edited by swati82 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by EllaElla

YRF took that risk with MBKD and they made bank. Immu was doing ok but not great back then and had racked up some flops by then and Ali Zafar was just  starting to get notice as actor. 

Same with New York. No item songs, terrorism angle (when it was not used as heavily in movies as it is now and they didn't know how audience would respond to that), Neil with no appeal, and an untried director in commercial cinema. Kat, John and Irfan were the plus points. Movie was a hit. 

Also Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani...it was a commercial movie but people were surprised that it was a hit at that time and it made as money as it did. Music was a huge help (all cutesy songs - none of them item numbers) and starred Ranbir who was going through a flop phase. 
lol those who keep mentioning item number, katrina got no item number in her next 3 films.
Katrina got a big role in the film, it's a love story! she will be there at least 40-50% of the film.
Originally posted by EllaElla

but did she do much acting and appearances in that  film or is it Dhoom 3 again. 

Did she carry that film 

I thought it was mostly from John Abraham perspective. 

Unless she is the main lead with a lot of dialogue like 

Deepika in Piku
Anushka in NH10

I have my doubts whether she can be solely credited for that film being a hit.