Is Dil Dhadakne Do a cliched attempt of Johar/Chopra movies?

Posted: 8 years ago
😕😆  I don't understand why Zoya has to make her own lame version of a Johar/Chopra movie.  I like the cast, but they are going to be part of a cliched script.  The movie will be releasing in less than a month.  The music is a hit and initial trailors showed some excitement.  But honestly speaking, aren't you sick of watching movies which are regressive for Hindi cinema?  It is a timepass and entertainment.  And 12 years in her career, Peecee can do so much better.  She should be focusing on better roles.  But she needs a hit, right?  She is way past that.  Please share your thoughts.  ðŸ˜² Edited by ShantiAshtangi - 8 years ago
The music is a hit? Huh.
And to answer your question yes ...
Originally posted by TheJake

The music is a hit? Huh.
And to answer your question yes ...

Yes, I see the music videos on tv all the time.
Isn't it a hit?  ðŸ˜›
Yes...kabhi alvida na kehna 2.0 lol 
Woah you have already seen the film..I mean how? ðŸ˜²  Pls forward me the link..In case you wanna make sure the film doesn't get leaked before release , just PM me the link & i promise i wont share it with anyone..Once i watch, i'l let you know how cliched it is ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜†
Originally posted by ShantiAshtangi

😕😆  I don't understand why Zoya has to make her own lame version of a Johar/Chopra movie.  I like the cast, but they are going to be part of a cliched script.  The movie will be releasing in less than a month.  The music is a hit and initial trailors showed some excitement.  But honestly speaking, aren't you sick of watching movies which are regressive for Hindi cinema?  It is a timepass and entertainment.  And 12 years in her career, Peecee can do so much better.  She should be focusing on better roles.  But she needs a hit, right?  She is way past that.  Please share your thoughts.  ðŸ˜²

There is no basis for your claim. Precedence shows that Zoya movies have been unique every time and she does not do Johar/chopra brand of cinema.

To be more specific, the trailer is generic (your response is due to that) but the content of the movie could be very good... that's what is expected from Zoya. If the content is good like previous Zoya movies, DDD will cross 100 crs... otherwise it will flop if it's Johar/chopra brand
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Woah you have already seen the film..I mean how? ðŸ˜²  Pls forward me the link..In case you wanna make sure the film doesn't get leaked before release , just PM me the link & i promise i wont share it with anyone..Once i watch, i'l let you know how cliched it is ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜†

The trailors give the movie away, don't feel like watching it in the theatre now when there is no element of surprise.
😲
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

There is no basis for your claim. Precedence shows that Zoya movies have been unique every time and she does not do Johar/chopra brand of cinema.

To be more specific, the trailer is generic (your response is due to that) but the content of the movie could be very good... that's what is expected from Zoya. If the content is good like previous Zoya movies, DDD will cross 100 crs... otherwise it will flop if it's Johar/chopra brand

Unique every time?  This is Zoya's third film only.  She only has one hit in ZNMD.  And Luck By Chance, I don't think anyone saw it.  The content of the movie shows a dysfunctional Punjabi family that we have seen countless times before.  The trailors give the movie plot away.  ðŸ˜•
Originally posted by ShantiAshtangi

Yes, I see the music videos on tv all the time.
Isn't it a hit?  ðŸ˜›

If that's the definition of a hit music then sure. ðŸ˜›
Edited by TheJake - 8 years ago
No SA, i disagree
Such movies are not story driven..they have moments, moments which bring the freshness. It is all how it is executed

Since it isn't a thriller..it won't have a new story necessarily but i believe zoya brings a freshness with some beautiful moments shown which aren't repetitive and definitely not regressive.