Xarina IF-Sizzlerz
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharoon3210

Originally posted by Xarina

I don't know whether I felt sick at Ahems words or gopi's?  Actually felt disgusted in a way.

Not a problem Xarina, on the whole it is disgusting.
Do all of Indian soaps show a daughter in law to be so selfless, forgiving, naive, a Stepford wife and doormat?  Are the writers scared to show a real woman, with real feelings, dreams and expectations? 

What are the other soaps you watch? I think Veera is opposite to Gopi.
Most of the time I have the TV on as background noise while I'm working.  I watch SSEL and SNS then dip in and out of serials for the best part of the evening like tu Meera hero, diya etc.  tbh I stopped watching Veera soon after they introduced the adult characters yet for some reason I can't shake off SNS no matter how irritating I find it. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vatika_rani_gr

SIRFINA Senior Member
SIRFINA
SIRFINA

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

I don't know whether I felt sick at Ahems words or gopi's?  Actually felt disgusted in a way.

Do all of Indian soaps show a daughter in law to be so selfless, forgiving, naive, a Stepford wife and doormat?  Are the writers scared to show a real woman, with real feelings, dreams and expectations? 

Most of the time I have the TV on as background noise while I'm working.  I watch SSEL and SNS then dip in and out of serials for the best part of the evening like tu Meera hero, diya etc.  tbh I stopped watching Veera soon after they introduced the adult characters yet for some reason I can't shake off SNS no matter how irritating I find it. 

Lol!! I just came back after the leap only. Could not stand Radha Character. Looks like wife always suffers and husband lives life to the fullest with mistresses etc in these soaps. I have yet to see a strong woman character. I think in all soaps cvs are scared to show a strong woman. Oh well thats India for you

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vatika_rani_gr

ani_gr IF-Stunnerz
ani_gr
ani_gr

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Actually both are wrong and I feel disgusting with this big lie... Ahem making daughters hate their mom, Meera going out of her control to abuse her own mom, Vidya saying she is not her mom and she died 10 years ago... 
Just because she was not there for them while they were growing up, does not mean Vidya can say such things.. I was having a soft corner for Vidya but not anymore... 
Oh well, at leat she is trying to find out the truth.. which is a good thing.. hope she succeeds.. 
Coming to Gopi wth she is concerned abt Radha now.. she is saying they will lose the respect for her Masi... inw hat century does Gopi live... She will never change... 
Now Mansi will play with Ahem's emotions and getting close to him, event hen she would not do anything, just watch and cry...Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vatika_r

pookie2 Groupbie
pookie2
pookie2

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:19pm | IP Logged

U should try watching Yeh hain mohabatein, It is a little different with a strong female protaganist.Another show is Itna karo na mujhe pyaar, that has no saas- bahu drama.
Sd1978 Senior Member
Sd1978
Sd1978

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:29pm | IP Logged

I don't know whether I felt sick at Ahems words or gopi's? Actually felt disgusted in a way.

Do all of Indian soaps show a daughter in law to be so selfless, forgiving, naive, a Stepford wife and doormat? Are the writers scared to show a real woman, with real feelings, dreams and expectations?

Most of the time I have the TV on as background noise while I'm working. I watch SSEL and SNS then dip in and out of serials for the best part of the evening like tu Meera hero, diya etc. tbh I stopped watching Veera soon after they introduced the adult characters yet for some reason I can't shake off SNS no matter how irritating I find it.

I am the same! I am just so irritated with everything yet i keeep coming back to watch and add to my blood pressure..r we mad in torturing ourselves like this?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vatika_r

vatika_r IF-Sizzlerz
vatika_r
vatika_r

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SIRFINA

Lol!! I just came back after the leap only. Could not stand Radha Character. Looks like wife always suffers and husband lives life to the fullest with mistresses etc in these soaps. I have yet to see a strong woman character. I think in all soaps cvs are scared to show a strong woman. Oh well thats India for you

Yes, that is true. Radha became Jigar's mistress forcefully and Ahem kept Mansi as his mistress.
vatika_r IF-Sizzlerz
vatika_r
vatika_r

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Snsaddict

I don't know whether I felt sick at Ahems words or gopi's? Actually felt disgusted in a way.

Do all of Indian soaps show a daughter in law to be so selfless, forgiving, naive, a Stepford wife and doormat? Are the writers scared to show a real woman, with real feelings, dreams and expectations?

Most of the time I have the TV on as background noise while I'm working. I watch SSEL and SNS then dip in and out of serials for the best part of the evening like tu Meera hero, diya etc. tbh I stopped watching Veera soon after they introduced the adult characters yet for some reason I can't shake off SNS no matter how irritating I find it.

I am the same! I am just so irritated with everything yet i keeep coming back to watch and add to my blood pressure..r we mad in torturing ourselves like this?

Yes, that is true. I don't watch that much serials I happened to watch SNS when my family members were watching it. Then I kept in touch with the current tracks and simultaneously watched the previous whenever I found time.

Once you are addicted to these soaps, it is difficult to shake them off.

Edited by sharoon3210 - 09 May 2015 at 8:12pm

Go to top