Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman Khan, the name that gives everyone 2 minutes of Fame

Posted: 8 years ago

Salman Khan Conviction: The Dirty, Ugly, Brutal Truth Which Nobody Will Tell You.

As usual it's a big media circus around the Salman Khan 2002 hit-and-run case. The way few people are writing "open letters" and lengthy articles " it looks like they were desperately waiting for this day with a deeply hidden vendetta against Salman Khan and Bollywood.

A famous news website " only famous for writing lengthy articles on every trending topic, so lengthy that people read two lines and scroll down to comments " started churning out anti-Salman stories almost every two hours. One other leading daily set out on a spree against Salman Khan " going personal too. Nothing was spared. Everyone wrote as if they know Salman Khan personally and were present right there. For example, somebody wrote about Khan's alleged affairs, brought up Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and wrote an entire piece on how "Salman Khan used to beat her regularly". Few wrote about the partying habits of Salman " and that too as if they were present right in those parties.

One journalist wrote an emotional open letter, and got his two-minute of fame when his name became a trending topic on Facebook. Another "activist" gave out a statement issuing a complete "boycott" of Bollywood movies " because, everyone in Bollywood supported Salman Khan on Twitter. Again, all for the two-minute fame.

But who is the real Salman Khan? I first met Mr. Khan in 2009. The first round of meeting was for Being Human's digital strategy. In every discussion I was able to sense a child-like passion in Salman, and it reflected how deeply he is connected with the charity. A journalist wrote today about how "the entire Being Human Foundation" was nothing but just a fake institution created so Salman's lawyer can put that point to the judge. She wrote it with such authority, as if she was present when Salman Khan's manager was working on his PR strategies. The only thing I can say is that journalist is nothing but a liar. I was present in many Being Human digital strategy planning meetings, and not her " so definitely I know the truth.

What Being Human Foundation has done, and what it means for people " only those know who got life-saving help from it.

Some were present yesterday night, May 6, 2015, outside Galaxy Apartments, awaiting eagerly for Salman Khan to return. Manisha Patil, a 13 year old girl said, "Because of him I am alive today. I don't want him to go to any jail."

One man, roughly between 30-35, said, "All this is just a joke! Those poor people need money. Had this case been not dragged so much, Salmanbhaimust have done so much for them. If he tries to help them now, or when the case was going on, since last 13 years " you guys would say Salman is bribing them to keep quiet." Kamlesh Singh from Indore said, "I came here since yesterday night. If there's a way they can put us in prison instead of Salman Khan, we all are willing to do so. Salmanbhai is more needed outside. Without him who would donate around 25 lacs everyday to poor people?" When asked about how he came to the 25 lac figure, he said, "That's the amount roughly being donated from Being Human Foundation everyday to the hospitals which treat poor people like us. My friend's life was saved because of Salman Khan. That's the reason I've come all the way from Indore to be here."

There were never-ending stories like this from the crowds all over. Two different Indias were exposed yesterday. One which is popularly known as a group of "armchair activists" and others for whom those activists were speaking up.

And ironically it's true. The same people for whom everyone is speaking up have something else to say.

The family of Nurullah Khan, who died in the 2002 accident said, "No amount of money can compensate for the lives we have lived, but yes, a small amount of financial help will definitely help our family go a long way." None of Nurullah's family member wanted Salman Khan to be punished. Nurullah's son Firoz, who was 12 during the time of the accident said, "We all wish good for Salman. How will it help us if he's put in jail? In fact we all were sad today. We can feel his pain."

The sentiments of all other victims who spoke to media were same ""Compensation matters more than conviction." It's been more than a decade now, and they are still waiting for the compensation. But like that mysterious man present in the crowd outside Galaxy Apartments said " compensating them too must be difficult.

Whom will this conviction actually benefit? Ones who are writing hate-articles against Salman Khan, ones who are tweeting nonstop against him, ones who call themselves activists " can anybody answer this question? The victims who lost their arms, the family of the one who died " nobody wants this conviction. They need money. How many of us actually have donated a major part of our earnings regularly for any cause? As I wrote earlier in an article " these "activists" are the same people who rudely roll up their windows and close their doors when somebody asks for help, especially when that somebody is the one who sleeps on pavements.

Allow Salman Khan to continue doing the good work he is doing. Allow Salman Khan to compensate the victims.

Of course, the law of the country is above everything. But today, this law is exactly doing the same thing which those news websites are doing. Those news websites and newspapers are using the name "Salman Khan" to get views or sell copies, while the "law" wants to set an example using the same name, because they can't get the same impact from Nooriya Haveliwala orRavindra Mhatre or Puru Raajkumar or Neel Chatterjee or even Alistair Pereira.

The ones who need help are the victims of the unfortunate 2002 accident. And their case is still pending. That's the truth.

Edited by MrsSalmanKhan - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
LMAO. Who will this conviction benefit? Umm why does it need to benefit? It's a punishment for his crime and if we still want to talk about benefit, of course it will benefit. It can create fear in people's minds which can help reduce drink and drive accidents. It sends a message that no one is above the law. THATS THE BENEFIT.

And salman ain't the only one helping people. There are millions of people who do charity, the only difference is they don't publicize it. People are behaving as if he's the only messiah left in the country and without him, there would be no one left to help the ones in need. Puhlease.

And a genuine question, would there be no being human foundation left without Salman? I have no idea how this foundation works, if someone could clear this up for me please?Edited by .Kiran. - 8 years ago
Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Be a closet philanthropist, rather than putting up this Being Human Facade. And what about the people who din't support you? Wait a minute, your fangirls already served the purpose by abusing them left and right 🤢... All this court drama looks like a b-grade movie script... Edited by CocoChanel - 8 years ago
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Please write the name of the author and give her her '2 minutes fame'
"Every Two Minutes Of Criminal Fame"
allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Lesson learnt: 

LIFE has no value...2 Rs. Or 2 Rs. Mentality rules...!2 mins fame rules!
Edited by -allizwell- - 8 years ago
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .Kiran.

LMAO. Who will this conviction benefit? Umm why does it need to benefit? It's a punishment for his crime and if we still want to talk about benefit, of course it will benefit. It can create fear in people's minds which can help reduce drink and drive accidents. It sends a message that no one is above the law. THATS THE BENEFIT.

And salman ain't the only one helping people. There are millions of people who do charity, the only difference is they don't publicize it. People are behaving as if he's the only messiah left in the country and without him, there would be no one left to help the ones in need. Puhlease.

And a genuine question, would there be no being human foundation left without Salman? I have no idea how this foundation works, if someone could clear this up for me please?

@bold it will never create fear in peoples mind. Even if salman get jailed, people like ambani's son and puru raj kumar are around. So many such cases happen and they go unnoticed. Worst things happen like rapes and murderers but no one does anything. 

One salman punishment won't put fear into anyones mind. Not saying he shouldn't be punished but just stating the fact!
No one is saying he is the only messiah left in this world to help others lol, only salman is in question right now, and this is only talking about salman and his deeds. 

Basically what they claim is being human is 100% run by Salman's earnings which could be true as he begs people to donate money to Being Human. 

Why do we tend to ignore good deeds of someone and concentrate on bad deeds? Why? To be quiet honest, what I have learnt from this forum in the last 3 days is basically, everyone is portraying their hatred for "Salman Khan" the person, because they hate him. That's it.

This world is full of corruption. Specially back in our home countries, too much shit is going on under covers and it will never end. We support our politicians, they kill, they rob, but nothing touches daylight yet we support our favourites.  There are more important cases in our countries, much more important cases then Salmans, which disappear, and are not given importance, neither from the law, neither from the people. Why exactly is Salmans case so much of a big deal? The victims should be a bigger deal, Media should concentrate on asking the victims what they want. Law should concentrate on asking the victims what they want.  Media is only concentrating on Salman Salman Salman when this case is about the Victims and their needs, but of course, Salman's picture on the cover page would sell their newspapers and magazine, and not the victims. 😊 

I agree Law should be the same for everybody. I have an ego problem here so it's not something I would disagree with with but accidents happen, and not purposely.  I want Salman to serve jail time if he has done this crime and if he has, he will no matter what. But I don't understand the hatred he is getting by some people, because the majority are neutral.  

Even if Being Human Foundation is Fake, but the amount of prayers and good wishes he has received from the people whom he has treated (imagine coming alive out of cancer having $0 in your pocket) will only shower good will and happiness for the rest of his life. No one can turn these prayers into  a curse and maybe, that's why he is still a free man. 

Edited by MrsSalmanKhan - 8 years ago
Don't you guys want to insult the victims for not asking for justice, instead  they are hoping  for Salman's good will and asking for compensation?

C'mon guys, curse the victims now, insult them. 

👍🏼
Originally posted by: .Kiran.

And a genuine question, would there be no being human foundation left without Salman? I have no idea how this foundation works, if someone could clear this up for me please?

Exactly, that's problem with you all. You all don't care about victims nor Salman. Who cares what victims actually want or what will Salman make regret, but let's make Salman as scapegoat to set example for all because he's a celebrity. Or for some it's because we hate Salman, so just put him in jail because who cares about victims or Salman.