Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

YHM -Daily Episode Discussions and Live Updates Thread #69 (Page 34)

EkPahelii IF-Stunnerz
EkPahelii
EkPahelii

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishy13

Originally posted by pomegranate

no I agree that there are mothers like that but shagun was never this awful. she had loved adi in some twisted way and she had a soft corner for ruhi. they have compromised her character for the sake of ratings and turned a grey character to a full on negative one. she is almost inhumane now, nothing like the shagun we saw when this show first started. I'm not buying it anymore.

I agree with you about Shagun's character being compromised. It may not even be as much as "compromising" as it is reducing her to the bad qualities she had before the time-slot change and taking away shades of white.

The last time I really related to her was the night she was in a dumpster. That's the last time her emotions were really relatable.

Truthfully if you look at it...every character tweeking we have seen this year has been to fit Shagun into the "perfect primetime vamp" role whose life is fully centered on revenge.

Mihika lost her marbles to push Shagun to the edge.
Raman regularly went into OTT anger or unrelatable impulsivity for Shagun's "plots" to progress.
Ishita was left alone on many occasions so it could be female lead vs female vamp.

It's sad that her character has been given more airtime but simultaneously lost all depth & relatability that we saw pre-time slot change, and unfortunately...I don't think old Shagun will ever be back.

Krishy while I do agree that it seems OTT now especially because of the slot change and thanks to the crap we endured because of that abominable marriage track where Mihika thought she would become a crusader for Shagun but became a curse for everyone... but it seems to me that its not completely gone haywire

Like I mentioned just now that episode of Mihir and Mihika' roka, its on the lines of that - she has become more insufferable because she has become more miserable - the scene in the dumpster had her at her lowest and hence she became relatable but post that she wasnt wallowing anymore in self-pity but became someone intent on revenge because she thought these people are happy and I am not, especially now that even her son chose to live with his father and Ishita over her...

The scene towards the end of the episode is one of the best I have seen on this show while its not in this video, its the one that follows the scene am posting the video anyways though Embarrassed

Edited by EkPaheli - 15 May 2015 at 12:49am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DivSoumyaIshitabhallaAnuhyaa-K.13-

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Aani...I absolutely love that scene for many shallow & not-as shallow reasons! Day Dreaming LOL

I agree that Shagun was always meant for a downward spiral, but for me what makes it come it come off as a more of a conversion to a vamp is the limited lines & roles Shagun has. Yes, she's full-on despo for revenge bc she has been pushed to the point of no control. We are seeing her become consumed by her need for revenge, which is where the disconnect for many lie.

Jo bhi ho...it will still be interesting to see this track take shape bc it is 10000000000x better than the dating sagas of Subbu! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnuhyaaEkPahelii

Ishitabhalla Senior Member
Ishitabhalla
Ishitabhalla

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Aani a few pages back u mentioned Subbu may have hidden agenda behind placing the camera for Ananya is scary and yuck.  
A person who lost his family is ready to move on in six months? He is a creep and pervert ( I think so).

Edited by Ishitabhalla - 15 May 2015 at 12:50am

AnuhyaaEkPahelii

pomegranate IF-Sizzlerz
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by pomegranate

no I agree that there are mothers like that but shagun was never this awful. she had loved adi in some twisted way and she had a soft corner for ruhi. they have compromised her character for the sake of ratings and turned a grey character to a full on negative one. she is almost inhumane now, nothing like the shagun we saw when this show first started. I'm not buying it anymore.

I agree with you about Shagun's character being compromised. It may not even be as much as "compromising" as it is reducing her to the bad qualities she had before the time-slot change and taking away shades of white.

The last time I really related to her was the night she was in a dumpster. That's the last time her emotions were really relatable.

Truthfully if you look at it...every character tweeking we have seen this year has been to fit Shagun into the "perfect primetime vamp" role whose life is fully centered on revenge.

Mihika lost her marbles to push Shagun to the edge.
Raman regularly went into OTT anger or unrelatable impulsivity for Shagun's "plots" to progress.
Ishita was left alone on many occasions so it could be female lead vs female vamp.

It's sad that her character has been given more airtime but simultaneously lost all depth & relatability that we saw pre-time slot change, and unfortunately...I don't think old Shagun will ever be back.

IMO,  A villain makes an impact when they are relatable-when they are human. CV's have turned shagun into a typical Soap vamp with no layers or a human touch. that makes her less fascinating and more aggravating. sometimes even anita seems to get frustrated with shagun, and I don't blamer her. 

the entire show and its original premise has been compromised due to the TRP race, which is why I don't bother analyzing or discuss why some characters behave the way they do or why some certain tracks are being introduced. the show lost its unique charm and so has the characters. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EkPahelii

-K.13- IF-Sizzlerz
-K.13-
-K.13-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:53am | IP Logged
As an aside...this may have been the most I have ever spent writing about Shagun! LOL

AnuhyaaEkPahelii

EkPahelii IF-Stunnerz
EkPahelii
EkPahelii

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:55am | IP Logged

Aani...I absolutely love that scene for many shallow & not-as shallow reasons! Day Dreaming LOL

I agree that Shagun was always meant for a downward spiral, but for me what makes it come it come off as a more of a conversion to a vamp is the limited lines & roles Shagun has. Yes, she's full-on despo for revenge bc she has been pushed to the point of no control. We are seeing her become consumed by her need for revenge, which is where the disconnect for many lie.

Jo bhi ho...it will still be interesting to see this track take shape bc it is 10000000000x better than the dating sagas of Subbu! LOL

That scene speaks about closure and ironically is one of the reasons I cant lose my faith in this show OuchLOL

@bold - I hear ya, but I guess she got a choice unlimited wardrobe or lines and role - no brainer what she chose LOL 

@blue - exactly she thinks she has nothing to lose now and so is playing double or nothing well she' gonna end up with nothing 

@red - AMEN, no conflicts on that and I swear I still am convinced the camera will be used for spying on Ishu rather than keep an eye on Ananya LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DivSoumyaAnuhyaa-K.13-

EkPahelii IF-Stunnerz
EkPahelii
EkPahelii

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ishitabhalla

Aani a few pages back u mentioned Subbu may have hidden agenda behind placing the camera for Ananya is scary and yuck.  
A person who lost his family is ready to move on in six months? He is a creep and pervert ( I think so).

Hi...err sorry I dont know your name but I cant seem to shake that thought really.

Like I said what comes across as thoughtful and sweet may not be what it seems 

Since the thought struck me this quote keeps flashing through my mind or perhaps its the quote that gave me that thought 

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy

With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil." 
 William ShakespeareRichard III

Edited by EkPaheli - 15 May 2015 at 1:01am

Anuhyaa

cloudy24 Goldie
cloudy24
cloudy24

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EkPaheli

Originally posted by cloudy24

Originally posted by EkPaheli

Originally posted by cloudy24

] can i get a punjabi too di but raman jaisa honi chaiyeSmileEmbarrassed

LOLLOL Thats a MADE TO ORDER demand if there' one Uttara - I am looking myself, not the same combo but someone LOL if and when I find one for myself or for you will let you know 
LOLLOL hmmm done diSmile but he has to be a doctor not business manConfused*sigh*... my list of ecpectations increasing at the last im going to get something which s not at all expectedLOL
Janani_divan wished me that i ll get the guy of my wish... kaash aisa hotaEmbarrassed 

ROFL This reminds me of a story Uttara - Draupadi' she wanted so many qualities in her husband and so did tapasya to please lord Shiv, when he appeared finally and asked her to request any boon she gave him her list and even the lord couldnt fulfill all of her must-haves in one man so he gave her 5 husbands! 

Be careful what you ask for my dear WinkLOL
im lauging like an idiot in my op... di no no aisa mat bolo diSmileLOL im not rkb to handle twoOuch only one but the bestSmile

Edited by cloudy24 - 15 May 2015 at 1:02am

EkPahelii

Go to top