Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

YHM -Daily Episode Discussions and Live Updates Thread #69 (Page 125)

Badtameez_Dil IF-Addictz
Badtameez_Dil
Badtameez_Dil

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krishy13

Originally posted by -Anku-

One. I think she has insecurities and shyness when it comes to intimacy. It's her second relation. But she's felt desired only now. She's been rejected and made to feel like an incomplete woman only because she couldn't bear a child. So somewhere she's hesitant. Maybe of disappointing Raman too.. what if he doesn't desire her anymore too?

Two. I think she's just naive when it comes to these things. She wants to be romantic and close. But for her the family aspect, responsibility aspect cannot be dismissed by a lie. She has to be her perfect self there. She's not the masti khor Raman can be and get away with. She feels responsible for a lot of things and falters in striking a balance.

And I guess that is what they are aiming at .Raman will try a few times but when Ishita doesn't understand. He'll back off and then she'll take initiatives.

Her insecurities and more so, her high sense of responsibility are what's keeping her back, but I think the disconnect lies in the fact the viewers have not been privy to her changing POV. We saw her self talk that she's ready to move forward, but today out of her sense of responsibility messes with Raman's plans. Most women feel special that their hubbies went out of their way to do something for them...and Ishita does too but we aren't given as much introspection into her thoughts (or really any of the character's thoughts) anymore.

Plus their love languages are very different...

Raman has always been more emotional. All his actions are driven by emotion, and he has always shown his emotions in a more open style.

Ishita, on the other hand, has been more logical. Her actions are driven by her sense of responsibility & she believes in showing her affection through more subtle venues like dressing up for Raman.

red- sor right kri its like she is in b/w stuck with yes & NO but her self talk is shown Yes which gives nod...like said about inexperience...part its not seen in her self talk...whether its due to her insecurities or due to inexperience...
cv's should be showing ishita why not part in self talks too...

Edited by Badtameez_Dil - 20 May 2015 at 10:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShvetaSankar-K.13-

BunnyObodhro368 Senior Member
BunnyObodhro368
BunnyObodhro368

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Loved how raman kept saying meri madrasan
What does akla mean?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShvetaSankarBadtameez_Dil

escapeworld Groupbie
escapeworld
escapeworld

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Anku-

One. I think she has insecurities and shyness when it comes to intimacy. It's her second relation. But she's felt desired only now. She's been rejected and made to feel like an incomplete woman only because she couldn't bear a child. So somewhere she's hesitant. Maybe of disappointing Raman too.. what if he doesn't desire her anymore too?

Two. I think she's just naive when it comes to these things. She wants to be romantic and close. But for her the family aspect, responsibility aspect cannot be dismissed by a lie. She has to be her perfect self there. She's not the masti khor Raman can be and get away with. She feels responsible for a lot of things and falters in striking a balance.

And I guess that is what they are aiming at .Raman will try a few times but when Ishita doesn't understand. He'll back off and then she'll take initiatives.

Her insecurities and more so, her high sense of responsibility are what's keeping her back, but I think the disconnect lies in the fact the viewers have not been privy to her changing POV. We saw her self talk that she's ready to move forward, but today out of her sense of responsibility messes with Raman's plans. Most women feel special that their hubbies went out of their way to do something for them...and Ishita does too but we aren't given as much introspection into her thoughts (or really any of the character's thoughts) anymore.

Raman has always been more emotional. All his actions are driven by emotion, and he has always shown his emotions in a more open style.

Ishita, on the other hand, has been more logical. Her actions are driven by her sense of responsibility & she believes in showing her affection through more subtle venues like dressing up for Raman.

Hi Anku, Krishy & Tanvi, enjoying the discussion here.  Please excuse my barging in on this conversation.

I completely agree with you all...

@bold, Krishy - You are right..it would be really nice if they let us peek into Ishita's thought process on this matter too...to show her yearning to be with Raman, longing to spend some alone time with him...some disappointment in parting with the gift that Raman had bought specially for her, a little sigh of disappointment in parting with the room or their private space...more scenes like they showed in the previous episode where she dressed up in the pale green Kanjeevaram saree and gajra all for him and was eagerly waiting for him to return home..or the ones they showed during his absence, with her missing him and lost in his thoughts..something that indicates that she, too, is invested in their marriage and relationship, and does not think only about their family..

It would really be nice to see a balance in the expression of each of their desires and feelings for the other, rather than show Raman to be having this one-track mind and longing to have a private moment with her, while she appearing to be oblivious and ignorant of any such thoughts or feelings and thinking only about the family and everything else other than the two of them..

I really miss their bench talks and long walks...Sigh!Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShvetaSankartharun123-K.13-Badtameez_Dil

-Anku- IF-Stunnerz
-Anku-
-Anku-

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Yea that's true. We are given introspection and made privy to thoughts related to her decisions, to her actions towards family. But apart from once in the balcony when she first realized her love. There has been no inner thoughts revealed to us about how she feels. And she is a closed book when it comes to sharing her own feelings with Raman..

There's so much left to cover really. If the creatives took time Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

escapeworldtharun123.TIA.-K.13-Badtameez_Dil

-kri- IF-Sizzlerz
-kri-
-kri-

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
My two cents on this failed plan B of Battle supreme...

Let us come back to Ishita's insecurity and her her past later... I just have one question... Ishita was talking to her own self that she wants to take her relationship ahead... Had Ishita seen Raman in that mirror before, do you think that the scene would have been the same? According to me, its a No...

Ishita is definitely trying to come out of her shell but her issues are very deep...Raman has laid with another beautiful woman before... Whereas, now Ishita is that woman's position...As a wife... She has always branded herself as an incomplete and unattractive woman who can't attract men just because of her medical issues. 

Raman's message has now added to the pressure. Raman didn't mean it that way because his family is already complete with his son and daughter. But, unknowingly, Ishita has started feeling the pressure...

And this topic is too bold for 11pm slot too... cv's are slowly trying to bring this inside this track in a subtle way. According to me, it has got nothing to do with Biwi's bi-polar disorder or Raman's desperation...

Raman is just being a man who is crazily in love with his wife and Ishita, even after having some natural inhibitions has her past tied to her feet... 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CreditvalleyShvetaSankarbeyultharun123DivSoumya-K.13-

escapeworld Groupbie
escapeworld
escapeworld

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krikumar.91

Let us come back to Ishita's insecurity and her her past later... I just have one question... Ishita was talking to her own self that she wants to take her relationship ahead... Had Ishita seen Raman in that mirror before, do you think that the scene would have been the same? According to me, its a No...

Ishita is definitely trying to come out of her shell but her issues are very deep...Raman has laid with another beautiful woman before... Whereas, now Ishita is that woman's position...As a wife... She has always branded herself as an incomplete and unattractive woman who can't attract men just because of her medical issues. 

Raman's message has now added to the pressure. Raman didn't mean it that way because his family is already complete with his son and daughter. But, unknowingly, Ishita has started feeling the pressure...

And this topic is too bold for 11pm slot too... cv's are slowly trying to bring this inside this track in a subtle way. According to me, it has got nothing to do with Biwi's bi-polar disorder or Raman's desperation...

Raman is just being a man who is crazily in love with his wife and Ishita, even after having some natural inhibitions has her past tied to her feet... 

Hi Kri,

About Ishita's deep-rooted insecurities and feelings of not being an adequate/complete woman, I completely agree with the character sketch of Ishita.  But if you think about it, what you have mentioned above @bold are all just assumptions on our part, and while I agree with the same, the creatives haven't shown her pondering over these insecurities, or shown any thought process on her part in this matter..and thats exactly what I was referring to in my post above, that it would definitely help if they allowed us to peek into her inner thoughts about this insecurity and pressure that she feels, so the audience is privy to her thoughts and feelings too Smile

Edited by escapeworld - 20 May 2015 at 1:05pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ShvetaSankarAnuhyaatharun123luvsagar-kri-Badtameez_Dil

rajkona Senior Member
rajkona
rajkona

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
If she was insecure, how could she kiss Raman in public in a moving car? No one has mentioned that, nor the fact that she went by herself and hugged him on her own while he was on a con-call. If she had not given any physical "come hither" signs earlier, I'd agree about having insecurities, but she has on occasion shown no issues with physical closeness (Holi scene she was as much into it as Raman was right), so maybe its just me, but she seems to flipflop between being sure of herself and not. And I'm sorry, but she's coming across as a tease not an insecure woman.
-kri- IF-Sizzlerz
-kri-
-kri-

Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by escapeworld

Originally posted by krikumar.91

Hi Kri,

About Ishita's deep-rooted insecurities and feelings of not being an adequate/complete woman, I completely agree with the character sketch of Ishita.  But if you think about it, what you have mentioned above @bold are all just assumptions on our part, and while I agree with the same, the creatives haven't shown her pondering over these insecurities, or shown any thought process on her part in this matter..and thats exactly what I was referring to in my post above, that it would definitely help if they allowed us to peek into her inner thoughts about this insecurity and pressure that she feels, so the audience is privy to her thoughts and feelings too Smile

Only when Ishita understands her problems, she can reason it out... Ishita is basically confused. When she wants to give everything to this relationship, something is stopping her... In both the holi episode and that other night, she gave in... When Raman is talking about the same after giving that message, unknown fear has crept into Ishita... Abandonment issues...

Ishita is basically confused and that's the message that cv's are trying to convey... No mixed signals... She wants to surrender yet her past is stopping her... What if she's not able to conceive? What if they never have their own child? Raman wants it just for Ishita but Ishita is getting jitters whenever this word "child" comes up between them...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShvetaSankarbeyulAnuhyaa

Go to top