India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Remember Today????

Forthislifeonly IF-Dazzler
Forthislifeonly
Forthislifeonly

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Well... I expected today to see a thread for Tagore's birthday in this forum... Here is so bengali...I really expected to see a thread...But Yeah... maybe none hasn't remember the day or they don't have time to make this thread... I myself don't have time to make a thread...

But whoever..don't know... Today is Tagore's birthday... Rabindranath Tagore's birthday...Actually his birthday is celebrated according to the bengali calender...So...today is 25 Baishakh,...according to Bengali calendar...There is nothing new to say about him...The world knows him... He was the afterall first Noble Laureate in Asia(in 1913).for his book of spiritual poems"Songs Offerings"(in bengali those are Gitanjali, Geetali & Geetimalya...these three books poems are actually collected in  Songs offerings)... He was not only a poet...Though the world knows him as poet only... he was story-writer, a novel-writer, a drama-writer...a singer, an actor...a lyricist, a composer & what's not...Anyone who want to know about him...google him... U will get information about him as much as anyone want...
Yes, His "DAKGHAR" drama has been translated among almost all the languages of this world...Which is surely a rarest thing...

He is my favourite poet, favourite story-writer... He is the reason...for which I learnt bengali...I am not a bengali... But his works are magnet for me, for many people...So, if anyone hasn't read his work till now...I will request them to please read...Otherwise U r missing many many things of literature...

In Bengal he is called as "BISHWAKABI"(poet of the universe) & "KAVIGURU"(Superior of all the poets)...So...Pls for two minutes today... remember him today in ur heart... He is not only the poet of India or Asia... But he is the poet of Humanities... Respect him, remember him...

PS--- I don't have any intention to hurt anyone...

Edited by --Sush116-- - 08 May 2015 at 10:03pm

The following 51 member(s) liked the above post:

Ghazallsky_aguilerako1234yelLeyla94Rani1965Tehzeeb89...Thendral...Sricharan416ShivaniLuvJAPba123zakia4...Ishika...myluvparijatFAIRYLOVEDESIRECharu.SgauriSArunimaJAsonali96...Arushi...swatiluthraMallika-E-Tokas....Anabella...yurimehta11Sweetshruthimeeramiss18...Anushka...Zayn_1Dholic_akdha.forever_SindhuMenonaisha.....11110SpringBreakersRSlovesJAhemakeerti1357rakshasurbhimathurshahbhaviniGeetbaalaayushimehradeepa111Ominous_31Magpie_sharmacatty..Amri..--cute.manasi--shiningstar77cuty1997mushatPretty_meavika444harshu27YD.AH

Zayn_1Dholic IF-Rockerz
Zayn_1Dholic
Zayn_1Dholic

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
It was @ 7 may n I participated in cultural ceremony that day didi! I paid respect!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forthislifeonly

Pba123 Senior Member
Pba123
Pba123

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Tfs
Unforgetable hero

Forthislifeonly

Forthislifeonly
Forthislifeonly

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...rio...

It was @ 7 may n I participated in cultural ceremony that day didi! I paid respect!!
In bengali today dear...Yes... I agree..acording to english...he was born in 7th may...It's depend on U which U will maintain.bengali or english... But U respect him... That's enough.the purpose of this thread is not commenting...but remembering himSmile Smile

ArunimaJA

...Anushka... IF-Rockerz
...Anushka...
...Anushka...

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Oh god really?Shocked
Woah! We weren't told about it in school too..Shocked
but thankya!Hug
And I will remember him!

Forthislifeonly

Forthislifeonly
Forthislifeonly

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Anushka...

Oh god really?Shocked
Woah! We weren't told about it in school too..Shocked
but thankya!Hug
And I will remember him!
Yes.remember him.respect him...Smile Smile
mushat IF-Sizzlerz
mushat
mushat

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Thanks for making this thread sush:)
I do remember this day and him.
after all bangali Rabidranath and saratchndra porei to boro hoi..
I still remember this line.choto belai likhechilam ..bangla sahityer protiti shakhai tini bichoron korechen...

Forthislifeonly

sonali96 Goldie
sonali96
sonali96

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Seriously i didn't knew today is his birthday...
Thnks fr telling
Nd next tym onwards i will try to remember it
Nd i respect him a lot...

Go to top