Posted: 8 years ago
Res
Thanks Manasa 🤗

Jigs, Thanks for my anniversary gift.
Edited by jduke - 8 years ago
res

"Per favore parlare con me il mio amore..."

You killed me softly with this line Jigs.. first time ever I felt like learning a foreign language..!!

you depicted their pain so beautifully..both of them are alike in hiding their pain..they shut themselves when they should be there for each other..

Kushi needs counseling..in fact both of them should visit a marriage counselor..

why do I feel there is more to miscarriage? was there any medical complication which Arnav isn't aware of?

They need to talk..they better go to their hideaway place in upstate NY..please send them on memorial day weekend..I will counsel them ;-)

Edited by sman - 8 years ago
thank you for the teaser. I feel for both very sad.
Jigs, another emotional update but wonderfully written.👏 

As everyone says no amount of time can lessen the pain of the death of a child, and its true here too. Both are suffering due to the death of their unborn baby, and both found their own ways to deal with it. But unfortunately their ways and paths of dealing with the loss were different. 

If Arnav immersed himself in his work, Khushi withdrew into a shell keeping all her emotions bottled up inside.

And both again seemed to be unaware of whats going on in the other person's mind.

One thing I observed in this couple is that when they are faced with tough situations, they withdraw themselves from each other and try to immerse themselves in work, not confronting with their emotions or discussing about it with the other person.

Arnav did the same thing when his mother died,  he withdrew himself, immersed in work and did not talk to Khushi about his loss even when she tried to be a part of his loss.

Next when they lost their baby, it was their cumulative loss, yet both did not share their feelings with each other.

While Arnav immersed himself more and more in work, my guess is Khushi went into a depression without even herself realising it. Day by day she withdrew into a shell and the walls she built around herself got stronger and stronger. And because they dont have a habit of sharing pain and sorrow, she never let Arnav know whats going on and Arnav was too busy with his work to look at her properly to notice the changes in her.

Coming to Khushi, has her childhood happenings influenced her to be like this today.

From what we know, her parents have been comparing her with her elder sister and have always ended putting down Khushi in front of Payal. This might have created some sort of a inferiority complex in her and she might have gotten used to keeping her emotions and hurt bottled up inside not sharing with anyone. 

Even a couple of updates earlier, when Lavanya tried to find out what is in Khushi's mind, Khushi did not let out anything. I think even being close friends with Lavanya, La is also somewhere clueless about what is going on in Khushi's mind.

I think if Arnav wants to have an open conversation with Khushi, he needs to deal with her insecurities first. And Arnav has to open up first to her and let her into his world before he trying to enter her world.

I want to share a song for Arnav and Khushi. I heard it on TV a couple of days ago and could only think of Arshi while listening to the below song.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXSPgFaioM[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by canapoem - 8 years ago
Hum bhee reswa
------------------

You know there seems to be a caste system or a hierarchy with how and what we grieve for. If it is a full term and then a stillbirth, grief ought to be more. If it is just a miscarriage, what is the reason to grieve so much? 

I wonder if our hearts can distinguish between a child that we conceived of in our hearts versus one that is in our arms? 

Is the child borne from the spirit any less of a child than one we nurse? 

Isn't a loss a loss and does the heart not break in both instances?

So, why then this caste system? Grieve for this more than that!

I have always thought that our hearts and minds traveled faster than the actual chronometer we inherit. In her mind, Khushi had conceived, gave birth, nursed and loved that child... She didn't need to wait for those entire forty weeks to do that. So, when she lost that baby, (yes, I am calling it a baby, not a fetus) it was no less than anything else. That she is grieving even after two years, makes sense to me. She will probably grieve for that child of hers till her last breath. 

And here is what I am taking away from this update Writerji - Your Italian speaking Arnav Singh Raizada is beginning to understand that - that his Khushi (all puns intended) was stuck back in time with her grief. He finally gets that!!! So, to me, this chapter was all about the 'bing' moments that Arnav is experiencing. It is a sort of an awakening in their relationship. It is hope seething below all this pain.

What a clever writer you are... you bring all these insights into this 4500-word chapter, neatly rolled in between the lines and their glances. Take a bow Writerji! Take a bow! You rendered a hardened cynic emotional! 

I love this update.. Bas

❤️

Edited by Mirabell - 8 years ago
Very emotional and touchy update...
There is no bigger loss than loosing a child...!!
They both r in pain... I juz hope they talk about their grief and pain soon... sharing always reduces the intensity of grief... This is what they need... A conversation without argument. .. I pray it happens soon...
I liked the fact that in spite of her hurtful outburst. ..Arnav cleared the misunderstanding about he not moving to NY... I think this will help Khushi...
Itz always tough to express grief...loss and pain in words...but u my dear have done an amazing job here... They way u wrote this part... Full emotion packed...Hattz off...!!!!!
Very well and beautifully written. ...continue soon...tcEdited by sweety421 - 8 years ago
res
unres

oh my god! the pain, the grief, the frustration were all so palpable in this chapter.  i had a lump in my throat throughout. you put it all so well. my heart goes out to both khushi and arnav. they really need to talk these two. khushi is still in deep depression and arnav just let everything slide for more than two years. thank god he has woken up and is trying to do something now. However i really do feel for khushi and her loss of the baby which will remain in her heart for ever, but she hasn't lost arnav, she needs to open up and share her feelings with him and not be afraid to acknowledge that he still loves her and wants to save their marriage. can't wait to read what happened next...how will khushi process the information that arnav is no longer working on Wakfield and not moving to NY/ 
love and hugs for taking us on this roller coaster :)
Edited by anukap - 8 years ago
 i am happy that arnav is not letting go and really happy that at last khushi also decided to talk for him and their marriage sake...awesome storyEdited by ranogill - 8 years ago
lovely and an emotional update..
but im glad in many ways..

i see HOPE..happy to see that aranv is not trying to withdraw and just watch it being over..
glad that he want to talk about issues which they buried in within themselves..

i see DETERMINATION..glad that this time he is seeing and trying hard to see what is being hidden by khushi..hiding emotions and feelings, is a way to develop and increase spaces between a couple..

glad that he is ready to cross them and finally im soo happy that khushi decided too..

thank you for this lovely update and im al set for the emotional ride..
Edited by deepsdspeed - 8 years ago
Tsply brilliant...
Very welldone yar...