Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: IPK007

Eagerly waiting with a box of tissues 🤗

I'm dreading what's to come, but then again - it's NOW or NEVER, so yeah I'm ready too with a box of tissues as well.
Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Yes... It's Tuesday...

Yes... It's update day...

Yes... I am biting my nails...

Yes... I am hitting those keys as fast as I can...

And I shall be posting in the next few hours with my anxiety level hitting the roof...😕
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Chokri_ASR

Yes... It's Tuesday...

Yes... It's update day...

Yes... I am biting my nails...

Yes... I am hitting those keys as fast as I can...

And I shall be posting in the next few hours with my anxiety level hitting the roof...😕

No worries Jigs, bring it on dear. We all know that the end of this dark tunnel, there is happiness and light awaiting this lovely couple. 
LadyR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
' The idea is to write it, so that people hear it, and it slides through the brain straight to the heart..'  Maya Angelou

This is what you do with each update you present to us.. I know you'll not disappoint your readers

Chokri_ASR thumbnail

Removed - Click here for Note

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago
Chokri_ASR thumbnail

Looks like my update fit it one post... this is a first!

Author's Note:

Ahhh *sigh*, there you have it for this week. I will continue with the obvious with next week's update.  Which is going to be emotional, therefore I doubt I will post a teaser this week.  It's enough I am putting you all through the heartache with these updates, so will spare you with a teaser.  I do hope this update has touched you, as it has me, enough to like or comment.  I would love to hear your thoughts!

A total of 188 votes, it seems "Depends" and "No" were close, while "Yes" trailed far behind. It's nice to know that many feel this way, since in my humble opinion having children is not what makes a marriage. Thank you for answering my vague question.

Below are the results from last week's poll:

A new poll has been posted, hoping you will take a quick moment and cast your vote on this week's question.  Revealed Blog  CLICK HERE  

Thank you for your understanding, support, encouragement, and most of all patience!  Welcome new readers!

Please add me to your buddy list for PMs for the update alert.  You can also follow me on twitter for update alerts @Chokri_ASR

Love always,

Jigs

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

This wait has seemed far too long, meri jaan. I have been waiting for this confrontation- as weird as it sounds, I wanted this fight... because I was hoping it leads to make up se- er... what was my point again?

But that aside- You've been building towards this, and the tension that has been simmering for nine chapters finally boiled over, and even thought fights are painful, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from getting it out there. I liked it because you could feel their frustration throughout this. The gutting pain that Khushi carries with her, every single day was just so tangible, and Arnav's helplessness, the guilt that he carries with him was beautifully written.

This isn't over. Not by a long shot, and I actually love that sense of anticipation I've been left with at the end of this fight

But for me, the best part of this update was the contrast between the memory and the emotions that came before and after. The memory overflows with happiness, an almost disbelief that they are so lucky. This is contrasted so perfectly with the parallel of Khushi touching the door and Arnav doing the same, the hollow ache that they're left with as a memory for their child. I loved how different these two sides of a coin are.

And then, and then you left us with this!

"Vortex is no longer working with Wakfield. And, I was never planning on moving to New York. As my wife, you should know that I would never make a decision that would impact our life without discussing it with you."  

He turned off his light on his nightstand, then leaned over to kiss the top of her head. Though she wasn't facing him, he felt her body shiver at his touch.

This was such a powerful moment. Just that one line, leaving us thinking of this, just as Khushi is.

You wrote this really well. Really, really well.

Love always,

Choti.

Edited by chotidesi - 8 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
I'm here ...

We all react differently to grief, in the way we deal with it, in the way we come to terms with it. Knowing that one ought to talk is the easy part, but the difficult part is acting on it. And I think this line says so much about how they dealt with this two years ago "Not with the wounds opening up which had carefully been kept closed". To cauterise the wound now will be so much more painful. Arnav's determination to get Khushi to open up will be sorely tested as he deals with his own pain. 

The image of Khushi caressing that door made me weep as I read of the happiness and excited anticipation that had once been a resident in that room. Khushi sharing the joy with her Arnav, a stark contrast to the present. That beautiful cradle remaining empty ... Their excited screams turning into hollow shrieks of pain in their hearts. 

You have brought out Arnav's emotions so beautifully. His introspection very very well written. His honesty with himself is what gives me confidence that he will keep his Khushi with him till his last breath. The depth of his pain at the loss of his "bambino" as much as Khushi's. Their baby ... 

The change you have shown in this chapter, from an angry Khushi lashing out to one who accepts that she needs to fight her demons, is very well written. I can see how and why the transition happens. An excellent update Jigs! 

Edited by Arshi67 - 8 years ago
maina95131 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a tear jerker chapter. Finally more answers are "Revealed"! 
I can't imagine what a woman goes through when she miscarries!

They both have a long road ahead to bridge the gap between them.

Jigs---awesome job writing this emotional roller coaster FF!!!!
Edited by maina95131 - 8 years ago
ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

A chapter of letting out deep breaths. But alas, my mastery at letting out the deep breaths was no match to the mastery of our writerji to make the eyelids reach their threshold and make my tears come gushing out. It's a testament to your skill Jigs, joy or sorrow, you are one of the few who make tears a common cause👏.

"Baby or no baby..." - What I see missing between the two is the happiness and understanding they shared. The baby would have been a good distraction to lessen the loneliness for Khushi but it seems like she lost Arnav as a person in her life, not just a husband.

The "all my fault?" attitude, the hurtful vengeance talk, the walking away from a sanity talk - the tough truths may be coming out, but it's not hard to realize that her separation from Arnav is more of mental state than physical.

For all the shock that Arnav felt, I have to say he recovered pretty well in the end. His intent to push the matter to end of discussion, his understanding to back off at the right moment, and his timing on conveying his clarification - he might be mentally all over the place but his actions showed that he belongs to Khushi. I think it's time for him to lay in that bed, stare at the ceiling and afford a little smile for the long night ahead😉.

One aspect of this chapter that interested me though is the act of grieving. It is an interesting irony that the memory of a 16 week baby (yes, it is a baby) that was not in its full physical presence, is hard to get closure on, compared to the memory of a lifelong Ma (mother) who was probably there at every turn of your life.

What is it that makes it hard to let some things go? And what is it about somethings that demand a closure for letting it go? Arnav is so right in demanding a closure and Khushi is equally right in demanding it on her terms. This is where I think you are so brilliant as a writer. I do remember your promise of a roller coaster ride with this story but I never expected that my allegiances for Khushi and Arnav would be taking a ride with me too😛.

"Teaser or no teaser..."    

"We are no longer working with any assumptions. And, I will be planning on reading every word that comes from you. As my writer guru, you should know that you can always make a decision that would impact our lives without discussing it with us."

Edited by bhavali4RR - 8 years ago