Sports/Cricket

India-Forums

Sports/Cricket
Sports/Cricket

Are cricket chucking laws unfair to bowlers? (Page 2)

9tanki IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:15am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Robin- IF-Stunnerz
-Robin-
-Robin-

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Moved this aspect of the discussion  to a new thread, where we can discuss it more at length

Originally posted by BeingBlunt

Completely Agree with everything except the first line. First line IMHO is being bitter about chucking because a player of your fav team is affected. No way the bowlers you mentioned are legal . The rules have been relaxed to 15 degrees before that even it was even less ,if i remember 7 degrees for spinners and 5 degrees for pacer. And this rule has been from a long time. There have been many great spinners who were never called out for chucking like Warne, Swann, Vettori, Kumble and the old age spinners. You are making the chuckers look like a victim instead they are cheats and using unfair means.  

• I have 4 fav teams, not 1.  Yeah, I'm from Kolkata, but that's the only reason I support KKR at all (otherwise, I  too would be a KKR hater like most here LOL).  I'm just  as happy when DD, KXIP and  RR win, and in matches involving them v KKR, I'm almost neutral.  However, when KKR gets good players like Narine, Morne, Botha or Russell, my support for them does go up.  Too bad their Indian players largely suck, w/ the current exception of Umesh
  • I've never approved of actions against Murali or Ojha either: this was way before Narine entered the  scene.  Ajmal, I never cared for one way or the other.
  • The law about  chucking states that the elbow can't be a pivot - only the shoulder joint and wrists can.  The angle b/w the forearm and the triceps have to be constant - regardless of what it is.  If one moves the  forearm wrt the upper arm, that is what would qualify as chucking 

Originally posted by -Robin-

Likes of Bedi openly bash Bhajji, Murali, Ajmal etc for chucking and you are saying they are targeted by retired batsmans LOL

And about reverse sweep batsman is taking risk to play that shot, What kind of risk chuckers taking while bowling with illegal action??

Yes ICC need to think about the size of boundaries, Bat size, New rules ( specially in ODI ) etc. Because its irritatting to see batsmans hitting sixes for fun which should not be the case.

Nope, what I  said was that retired batsmen make the  rules.  Which is why everything  I mentioned in that post about bowlers being penalized but batsmen walking on water is true.  I  never said that retired batsmen are the ones criticizing the  bowlers in question: I just said that they make rules that have since the 90s made life easier for batsmen, and now, are focusing on getting rid of the few effective ways a spinner can unravel a batsman.

What risk is there w/ the reverse sweep, or better yet, the flip hit?  At all times during a match, there is a limit to the number of fielders you can have outside a circle.  (I recall in test matches  during the 80s, when batsmen would be raining 6s, the fielding side would put ALL their fielders on the boundary, and only the keeper and the bowler would be there in the middle.  The batting geniuses of yesteryear have pretty much banned that, so that they can, like proud parents, cheer whenever their successor generation breaks their records like a bull in a china shop.)  Had there been no such limit, I'd agree w/ you that there'd be a risk, since a fielder could be placed at the boundary behind the keeper w/o upsetting the remaining field placements.  But you can't do that when there is a limit of at least  4 people within the circle.

When pace bowlers bowl  beamers and  bouncers, those get banned in the name of safety.   When Trevor Chappell bowled underarm, there was an uproar, even though that delivery was legal, albeit just impossible to hit a 6 off, even though safety wasn't an issue there.  Now, when spinners hold their arms and deviate a few degrees, they are chucking.  Oh, the helpless batsmen - poor babies, who'll protect  them? Shocked

@Bold Black Their is a risk of getting out when batsman play reverse sweep, switch hit etc. In short their is nothing illegal about those shots.

@ Pink in test match you can do that even now.

Edited by -Robin- - 10 May 2015 at 6:21am
-Robin- IF-Stunnerz
-Robin-
-Robin-

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 9tanki

Malinga bowling action is different, did anyone raised question for his action ?
He bowls with slinging action, Its legal

Go to top