Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

India-Forums

Happy Birthday to our Maharana Pratap!- Added Bday Sweets! (Page 2)

Intrepida IF-Sizzlerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Thanks for this post Rati.
I can not forget this day, wanted to make a thread , though was busy this time.

Anyways, here we have one.

Adding one more point to your post here.
In 2003, Government of India, issued Rs. 1 coins featuring MaharanaPratap.

Picture:

you're welcome Abhay! Thank you for sharing the one rupee coin, i will have to look out for the coin! 

also I think others celebrate it on May 31st including Indian Govt, so you know if you have time then you could make a post for MP then?! besides who doesnt mind two bday celebrations lol!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kaanahistory_geek

Intrepida IF-Sizzlerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaku17

Thanks for the post rati. ...heartiest b'day wishes n respect for the great maharana who fought for his motherland against all odds...

today is also Rabindranath Tagore's b'day the first noble laureate from india. ..

you're welcome! 
Happy Birthday to two of India's great men!ClapStar

Kaanahistory_geek

rinall Goldie
rinall
rinall

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Thank you for this wonderful post, Rati !! HugHug
@Abhay--- Thank you for sharing that information !! Smile

Read something interesting on a website...Here it is---

Maharana Pratap

Over the next half-century, most other Rajput rulers allowed themselves to be wooed the Mughals; Mewar alone held out. In 1567 Emperor Akbar decided to teach it a lesson: he attacked Chittorgarh razed it to the ground. Five years later Maharana Pratap (reigned 1572-97) came to rule Mewar - a king without a capital. He continued to defy Akbar, and in 1576, confronted the imperial armies at Haldighati.

The battle ended in a stalemate and Maharana Pratap and his followers withdrew to the craggy hills of Mewar, from where they continued to harrass the Mughals through guerilla warfare for the next twenty years. Maharana Pratap made his descendants vow that they would not sleep on beds, nor live in palaces, nor eat off metal utensils, until Chittorgarh had been regained.In fact, right into the 20th century the maharanas of Mewar continued to place a leaf platter under their regular utensils and a reed mat under their beds in symbolic continuance of this vow.

Here's the link---http://www.chittorgarh.com/chittorgarh_history.asp

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kaanahistory_geekIntrepida

Kaana Goldie
Kaana
Kaana

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaku17

Thanks for the post rati. ...heartiest b'day wishes n respect for the great maharana who fought for his motherland against all odds...

today is also Rabindranath Tagore's b'day the first noble laureate from india. ..

Yeah, it's Tagore Ji's bday too. What great men this holy soil of ours have given. Exemplary in desh Bhakti, valor, intelligence or spiritualism. This glorious Karma Bhumi (the only country in the whole works) has also given birth to so many great Saints and Seers!
Jai Mathrubhoomi! I am sure wherever Maharana is he would be happy to hear this slogan - the best treat for him on his bday:-)

history_geekIntrepida

Kaana Goldie
Kaana
Kaana

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Intrepida

Originally posted by history_geek

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
Thanks for this post Rati.
I can not forget this day, wanted to make a thread , though was busy this time.

Anyways, here we have one.

Adding one more point to your post here.
<font color="#0000FF">In 2003, Government of India, issued Rs. 1 coins featuring MaharanaPratap.</font>

Picture:

</font>

you're welcome Abhay! Thank you for sharing the one rupee coin, i will have to look out for the coin!

also I think others celebrate it on May 31st including Indian Govt, so you know if you have time then you could make a post for MP then?! besides who doesnt mind two bday celebrations lol!

Dear Abhay, thank so much for sharing and dropping in the bday celeb. Will be even more happy if you could share this coin as well;-). And it's never late to read to about Maharana, you do not need a reason. So pump in with all that you have when you get your first free time. There are a whole lot of us waiting greedily. Remember :-)
Rati, collect one for me too whenever to get to see it:-)

history_geekIntrepida

Kaana Goldie
Kaana
Kaana

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rinall

Thank you for this wonderful post, Rati !!HugHug
@Abhay--- Thank you for sharing that information !!Smile

Read something interesting on a website...Here it is---

<h2>Maharana Pratap</h2>

Over the next half-century, most other Rajput rulers allowed themselves to be wooed the Mughals; Mewar alone held out. In 1567 Emperor Akbar decided to teach it a lesson: he attacked Chittorgarh razed it to the ground. Five years later Maharana Pratap (reigned 1572-97) came to rule Mewar - a king without a capital. He continued to defy Akbar, and in 1576, confronted the imperial armies at Haldighati.

The battle ended in a stalemate and Maharana Pratap and his followers withdrew to the craggy hills of Mewar, from where they continued to harrass the Mughals through guerilla warfare for the next twenty years. Maharana Pratap made his descendants vow that they would not sleep on beds, nor live in palaces, nor eat off metal utensils, until Chittorgarh had been regained.In fact, right into the 20th century the maharanas of Mewar continued to place a leaf platter under their regular utensils and a reed mat under their beds in symbolic continuance of this vow.

Here's the link---http://www.chittorgarh.com/chittorgarh_history.asp

Hey Rinall, a very happy birthday to Maharana. Thanks so much for the post. It's a delight to read many a times.

history_geekIntrepida

Kaana Goldie
Kaana
Kaana

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:55am | IP Logged
BTW, Rinall and Rati, where is the party? Where are the cakes and sweets? I am not good at emoticons, else would have thrown up bday bash for you all.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Intrepida

Intrepida IF-Sizzlerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kaana

BTW, Rinall and Rati, where is the party? Where are the cakes and sweets? I am not good at emoticons, else would have thrown up bday bash for you all.

haha, i was in rush so i will add now, thanks for reminding!
Star

Go to top