Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

Happy Birthday to our Maharana Pratap!- Added Bday Sweets!

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
May 9, 1540 marked the birth of a son, a man with unparalled veerta, valour, courage, it marks the day when a the first freedom fighter of Bharat was born! May we remember him for that and for the fact that he stood up and fought for his motherland, he fought for what his ideals, for what he knew was right! He not only inspires us to fight for our motherland, but also stand up to the wrongs of the world, he could have just joined forces with akbar and gotten a good position, but he knew that bowing down to someone who had no business in his motherland would be wrong, he stood tall and fought even when there was very little help from the outside, thats the kind of spirit we all should have!

long may HE live in the pages of history, there are many Greats, but there is only one Maharana and that is Pratap! Jai HO Maharana Pratap ki!!!  He lived and fought for our homeland! The man was willing to eat rotis made of grass so that he could fight the foreign invaders unlike the many other rajputs afraid to take stand against the mughals!!!

I could not copy and paste this article on the forum, so im sharing the link about his life, we know a lot of it, but its a good reminder, he lived a difficult life from childhood to adulthood, the obstacles were never-ending but he stilled lived and and he still lives in our minds, our hearts and in the land itself!

He was born in Kumbhalgarh- India's Great Wall! He later defended it when chittod no longer under rajput control! Kumbhalgarh was his base for a long time!

with chetak!!!

Ok so some places says MP's bday is May 9 and then others say its May 31st, so Im just going to chose the earliest date, why not celebrate early and beat the crowd! lol!

Please feel free to add messages and info, stories etc for our Maharana Pratap!⭐️

-----
contributions from our dear forum friends and Maharana fans/bhakts:

Rinal added:

Maharana Pratap

Over the next half-century, most other Rajput rulers allowed themselves to be wooed the Mughals; Mewar alone held out. In 1567 Emperor Akbar decided to teach it a lesson: he attacked Chittorgarh razed it to the ground. Five years later Maharana Pratap (reigned 1572-97) came to rule Mewar - a king without a capital. He continued to defy Akbar, and in 1576, confronted the imperial armies at Haldighati.

The battle ended in a stalemate and Maharana Pratap and his followers withdrew to the craggy hills of Mewar, from where they continued to harrass the Mughals through guerilla warfare for the next twenty years. Maharana Pratap made his descendants vow that they would not sleep on beds, nor live in palaces, nor eat off metal utensils, until Chittorgarh had been regained.In fact, right into the 20th century the maharanas of Mewar continued to place a leaf platter under their regular utensils and a reed mat under their beds in symbolic continuance of this vow.

Here's the link---http://www.chittorgarh.com/chittorgarh_history.asp

-------

Anu added the following: 

Oh yesss...today was the day when HE WAS BORN...today was the day when Mewar and subsequently the whole nation got its first freedom fighter and a brave warrior !

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST WARRIOR KING OF INDIA, MAHARANA PRATAP !! A PROUD AND A HONOURABLE SALUTE TO HIM !! 

This is one pic of him which always keeps reminding me of his greatness...It gives me the goosebumps, and most of all the proud feeling...Its the statue of him which is erected in the premises of Parliament of India, the symbol of our Democracy ! And I can NEVER get over this pic...

Another panoramic view of the statue:-

And Kaana reminded me that Bday can not be complete without sweets! so I am sharing some rajasthani sweets

this is Ghevar: soo good!

Mawa Kachori

Makhan wada:

And who can celebrate without a cake:

and more cake if you dont like chocolate:

coconut cake:

Edited by Intrepida - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaz_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely post Rati. Enjoyed reading about the legend himself.  Bravery, valor, patriotism and determination all sums up the Great Mahrana Pratap.  May his legacy continue to prosper in generations now and beyond. Respect!  Happy Birthday ⭐️

Edited by Jaz_ - 8 years ago
Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Jaz_

Lovely post Rati. Enjoyed reading about the legend himself.  Bravery, valor, patriotism and determination all sums up the Great Mahrana Pratap.  May his legacy continue to prosper in generations now and beyond. Respect!  Happy Birthday ⭐️

thanks firstie! amen to your words! ⭐️

Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh Rati jaan, very thoughtful of you. Thank you so much for this wonderful post.
Maharana is a precious jewel of the nation. He will ever be remembered lovingly by many.
Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Kaana

Oh Rati jaan, very thoughtful of you. Thank you so much for this wonderful post.
Maharana is a precious jewel of the nation. He will ever be remembered lovingly by many.

you're welcome kaana! he will be remembered forever!
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks for this post Rati.
I can not forget this day, wanted to make a thread , though was busy this time.

Anyways, here we have one.

Adding one more point to your post here.
In 2003, Government of India, issued Rs. 1 coins featuring MaharanaPratap.

Picture:

Commemorative postage stamps were issued by IndianPost for Mewar's King MaharanaPratap in 1967 & 1998.

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago
ShaNak_RagNa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday to Our Great Maharana Pratap:)
kaku17 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the post rati. ...heartiest b'day wishes n respect for the great maharana who fought for his motherland against all odds...

today is also Rabindranath Tagore's b'day the first noble laureate from india. ..
Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: history_geek

Thanks for this post Rati.
I can not forget this day, wanted to make a thread , though was busy this time.

Anyways, here we have one.

Adding one more point to your post here.
In 2003, Government of India, issued Rs. 1 coins featuring MaharanaPratap.

Picture:

you're welcome Abhay! Thank you for sharing the one rupee coin, i will have to look out for the coin! 

also I think others celebrate it on May 31st including Indian Govt, so you know if you have time then you could make a post for MP then?! besides who doesnt mind two bday celebrations lol!
Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kaku17

Thanks for the post rati. ...heartiest b'day wishes n respect for the great maharana who fought for his motherland against all odds...

today is also Rabindranath Tagore's b'day the first noble laureate from india. ..

you're welcome! 
Happy Birthday to two of India's great men!👏⭐️