Badi Door Se Aaye Hain
Badi Door Se Aaye Hain

THIS IS NOT JANEU CEREMONY

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
I had already made a topic on Janeu function already.Again I am saying,the makers have not done proper research on the ceremony and today's episode was the proof of that.

Those of u who don't know what's janeu ceremony,here's the link

The episode didn't look like they are having janeu ceremony.

First they started with Graha shanti pooja.Then the preist asked Bhavna to tonsure pritesh's hair.Bhavna didn't allow tonsuring by giving this stupid excuse that they have already tonsured pritesh's hair twice.It's compulsory to tonsure the kid's hair before the pooja starts.If not the whole head,at least 2-3 strands of hair should be cut.One can't refuse tonsuring.

They didn't show the actual ceremony at all.Then they showed pakda pakdi between hemant and pritesh.

Why didn't they show the sacred thread being put on pritesh's body?That's the main part of the janeu ceremony.

Lastly,the uncle and nephew don't play pakda pakdi.The actual meaning of the ritual is the kid tells his mama that he wants to run away from all the attachments of the world and become a brahmachaari forever and that's why he starts running.Then his mama stops him and tells him that he can't run away from his duties and attachments.He has to fulfill his duties towards his parents and siblings and later towards his wife and children.In my culture,the mama even promises his nephew that he will get him married with a nice gal so he shouldn't run away.

I don't remember much because I was in 7th grade when my brother's thread ceremony had taken place.

This is not the real janeu ceremony that they showed in bdsah.Probably they wanted to give more focus on brother-sister relationship of hemant and bhairavi.May be they wanted to show that some relationships are more purer than blood relationship and hemant and  bhairavi's relationship is one of them.SmileThey are indeed the cutest brother-sister pair.

But they could have focused on their relationship by making a different track.What was the need to make a track on janeu ceremony where they didn't show anything on the ceremony? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mishti_foreverMetisobsessiveperson

..SupreMe.. IF-Stunnerz
..SupreMe..
..SupreMe..

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Oh my my, its shown totally wrong in the show...I would've never come to know if it was not for the Wikipedia LOL and lolzz the thread part was skipped [:/]...

At the end of the day Hervi share an Amazing bro-sis relation Heart...I adore em Embarrassed.

And agree with the last para, if they dedicated another track to Hervi then ek blooper kam hojata tha Tongue.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

obsessiveperson

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
I was wondering the same. Because I know that a Janeu is the thread that they tie around the body, but I kept wondering where that's going to come in the whole episode and why the Mama is just needed for pakda-pakdi. Though I did like how they showed the relationship between Hemant and Bhairavi, they still kind of ruined the whole meaning of Janeu for someone like me who doesn't know a thing about it.

obsessiveperson

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
hmm part of what u said subha is true

tonsure is not necessary now a days
for my son also we didnt do tonsure or the clipping of hair

what i found different was that  pritesh was in  all finery  instead of sadhu dress of saffron
thats the dress the person who has janeu wears

after thread is put by all relatives then the kid goes for bhiksha

then this pakda pakdi happens

but i think in most communities things change

the finery is worn after a bath

bt from makers point of view i think they didnt drag the track that was good and  from comedy point of view i liked it

but just a scene of thread putting should have been there instead of vasant explanation of water going   or something of that

rest was good enough for me

obsessiveperson

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatterbox

hmm part of what u said subha is true

tonsure is not necessary now a days
for my son also we didnt do tonsure or the clipping of hair

what i found different was that  pritesh was in  all finery  instead of sadhu dress of saffron
thats the dress the person who has janeu wears

after thread is put by all relatives then the kid goes for bhiksha

then this pakda pakdi happens

but i think in most communities things change

the finery is worn after a bath

bt from makers point of view i think they didnt drag the track that was good and  from comedy point of view i liked it

but just a scene of thread putting should have been there instead of vasant explanation of water going   or something of that

rest was good enough for me
If not full tonsuring,2-3 strands of hair should be cut.That's what I know and that's what they had shown in the other show lapataganj too.
I too was wondering pritesh should have wore dhoti instead of sherwani. They didn't show the thread being put around pritesh's body nor did they show the bhiksha part.And they literally don't play pakda pakdi like how they showed in the serial.I already mentioned in my post about why the kid runs and why his mama catches him.

The comedy was good,agreed but I wish they could have avoided making janeu track if they had no intentions of showing the actual ceremony. At least short mein toh dikha sakte the.They could have made some other track to show the brother-sister bonding between hemant and bhairavi and how the ghotalas are close to bhatt family. 

obsessiveperson

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top