Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

"My moving out was mom's idea": Ranbir Kapoor

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

My moving out was mom's idea

Ahead of Mother's Day, Ranbir Kapoor talks about his ma, Neetu Singh and her role in his indepen-dence

Sneha Mahadevan

Not too long ago, Rishi Kapoor spoke about son Ranbir Kapoor moving out and about the empty nest syndrome' that he and his wife Neetu were going through. Now, Ranbir reveals that it was actually his mother's idea to get him to live alone so he could have a better understanding of life. 

He says, "My father says what he feels and of course, I feel that void too. I miss my parents, but it's a temporary thing. There is an extra, exaggerated drama being made out in the press, but it's actually nothing. I meet my parents even more right now because when you live in the same house, you take them for granted. You just meet them for two minutes. But now I make sure I go and have a meal with them once in two days. When I am not shooting, I sometimes go and meet them everyday. My father misses me and I miss him too." Though he is going to move back with his parents, he says that will take him some time as the entire house will be completely re-constructed.

Most people attributed his moving out to lack of privacy, but that is far from the truth. "I have always wanted to live alone. but it was actually my mother's idea. She told me that I'd been in my father's house for too long. Of course, in India there is a certain tradition where the family stays together, but she really wanted me to experience life on my own. I did go to America and stayed there for four years but that was as a student. But now that I am a working professional and I am financially independent, my mother thought it would be good to live a life of my own and be a little responsible. I am not a wild kid where I am going crazy with parties, so that way I am quite sorted with work. Initially, I was a little hesitant with the idea because I was very comfortable living in the house. My parents have never encroached on my space. I have lots of space in the house. But she was insistent and she wanted me to do it. Now, I realise that it is one of the best things I have done because there is a sense of ownership you feel when you live on your own. When you are in your parents' house, you still feel like they are taking care of everything. In my father's house, I would always be the boy. In my own house, I can be the man of the house. That transition was very important for me," Ranbir explains.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
I am glad Ranbir moved out, because he really became a man!
He is totally different than the other star children. he is not obsessed with labels and other superficial stuff! he is so humble and kind!

The fact that Ranbit studied abroad made him totally different from other kapors. he is not a snob and I really like that relatable factor so much about him !

Moving out is a big deal in india, many thinks it means you disown your parents but it's not true at all ! 

Ranbir learned a lot and he has matured after doing this, and he will move in again soon, but now with a more mature approach where he can help his family if they need it and he respects them even more!
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Good he did
Coz these star kids never really grow. Their parents keep them too pampered. 

It is very important to have that struggle phase in your life where you do things on your own

I would really like if anil asks ikaun to do the same..she desperately needs some depth.
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
There is a difference between moving out of parental home and moving in with girlfriend ðŸ˜†   Neetu Singh probably screams that at the walls of her house every day!!  ðŸ˜†
Meherbaan thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

Good he did

It is very important to have that struggle phase in your life where you do things on your own

I would really like if anil asks ikaun to do the same..she desperately needs some depth.

Yes and they getter a better perspective in life and hopefully will not have a mentality like a Farah Khan Ali ðŸ˜†
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Good he did

I agree in general.  But with star kids, I don't know now much of things they would be doing on their own. They still have assistants and secretaries and domestic help just like they did at Mom and Dad's house.  They just have more personal space.  

But as a general rule, every young adult should be on their own for while. That I agree with. 
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
"My moving out"??
This doesn't sound right 😆

Good he did

9xe said, iKaun and Alia are going to move out soon. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Originally posted by: NailClipper

9xe said, iKaun and Alia are going to move out soon. 

Alia has bought her own place and is currently remodeling it.  But she also explained that it was more about needing the space.  She said anytime she was having work related meetings the rest of her family would have clear out the living room.  

I don't know about Sonam.  But I guess her reasons are along the same line. And she's 30 so she's more than than ready to be on her own.
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Starting to hate this guy.