CID

India-Forums

CID
CID

Episode 1226 Haveli Mein Daya aired on 9th May 2015 (Saturday) (Page 4)

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DemonStar

Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

But I hated Purvi's dialogue "Bhagwan ka lakh lakh shukar hai". Freaking hell you guys are CID officers and those are the last dialogues I expected out of Purvi's mouth! Angry

Um, what's so wrong about it? Confused It was just a natural reaction as they were so worried about him.

Ravi these guys are cops and I just find it hard to believe that they can use such dialogues. 

DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Interestingly it's not that uncommon in my experience. Especially when test results are out. LOL

ok... Who says it? Your mom or your juniors in college? Tongue

Some colleagues. Wink Never observed juniors.

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:26am | IP Logged

Interestingly it's not that uncommon in my experience. Especially when test results are out. LOL

I guess that's where I become all Canadian and say "thank god". Maybe that's why I hated the dialogue so much. LOL
DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Well after those Sholay songs, I'd say that is pretty minor if at all. LOL After all the cops share a special bond and when emotional about something, people often do tend to do/say something a bit more than usual.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Metisvisrom

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged

Well after those Sholay songs, I'd say that is pretty minor if at all. LOL After all the cops share a special bond and when emotional about something, people often do tend to do/say something a bit more than usual.

True that. After the Sholay songs I can expect anything LOL, but still it just seemed so 70s like and so odd that I couldn't help but gag. It hurts even more when your parents comment "wah so now CID is from the 70s". Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Just that it looks a bit old-fashioned. ^ You know. .. taken out of 70's bollywood movies.

LOL

I wouldn't mind it if she just said 'thank god'. Nothing really wrong with it.
Just shows how people relate to English phrases as 'modern' and the same phrase translated to Hindi is old fashioned.
DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

True that. After the Sholay songs I can expect anything LOL, but still it just seemed so 70s like and so odd that I couldn't help but gag. It hurts even more when your parents comment "wah so now CID is from the 70s". Ouch

70s were still better in quite some regards. Certain kinds of present day elements, are what I pray we never are graced to see. Pinch The decency and characterization remaining intact, are what matter.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Metis

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by iMini

Just that it looks a bit old-fashioned. ^ You know. .. taken out of 70's bollywood movies.

LOL

I wouldn't mind it if she just said 'thank god'. Nothing really wrong with it.
Just shows how people relate to English phrases as 'modern' and the same phrase translated to Hindi is old fashioned.
I know. .And I agree it's not right to think on those lines. But I now know why I can't think of Purvi saying that. because at the back of mind that it sounded like an elderly lady saying it to her son. Abhijeet's mom said it to him in Stolen Dynamite and somehow Purvi using the same lines for Daya seemed odd. Nothing to do with the language really.

Go to top