Arshi OS - Milan *Awarded-Runner-Up*

-SanjanaSobti- IF-Rockerz
-SanjanaSobti-
-SanjanaSobti-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

Arshi OS - Milan

Can people in love ever be separated?

[Thanks Amna {-Cutyee} for this banner] 

Dark textured colors shone in the musty smell of the Raizada mansion, the vast variety of colors giving in to the feel of Holi. Little kids of the neighbourhood ran in the whole mansion, carrying water cannons and hands-full of gulal.

She sat in front of the dressing table, slipping some bangles in her slender arms, a feeling of gloom covering her heart. A peculiar smell of gulal hung in the air, wafting through the thaals kept beside the French windows. The clattering sound of her bangles disturbed the unwanted-silence of the place. No matter how hard she tried to smile, her lips couldn't stretch even a bit. She wanted to be happy, but the circumstances didn't favor her.

"Khushi are you ready?" he came into the room, buttoning his white kurta.

"Yes," she replied in a low tone, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

It had been fourteen months of their arranged marriage, and two months of the notice period that they had to serve, before getting a divorce. They tried hard to overcome the persistent incompatibility between them, but failed every time.  Their marriage was deteriorating with passing time, giving surety to everyone that it would not bear any fruit. 

Khushi dabbed the corner of her eye to knock off any teary marks, before getting up and walking out of the room, followed by her husband, Arnav.

The state of their relationship wouldn't even allow them to wish each other Holi . She was always considerate towards him, looking after all his needs and wants, but he took her caring nature to be irritating. Their one argument led to consequent fights, resultantly leading to their mutual decision of getting divorced. 

He held a three-month old child in his arms, smiling while his Di and Jijaji performed the Holi pooja. Just beside him, she stood. They both tried their best to look excited for the function, but when something doesn't exist, you cannot create it by any effort.

"Arnav-Khushi now you both come for the pooja" a soft voice averted their thoughts to his grandmother, who smiled whilst calling them. 

They nodded; placing the baby girl in her mother's arms, Arnav and Khushi went ahead to perform the pooja, reminding themselves for the umpteenth time that they were still a 'couple'.

Everyone was in the garden of the Raizada mansion, celebrating Holi with all the guests and the little one, Aashi. With colors all around, for some time, no one cared about the present tension between Arnav and Khushi.

While everything danced and enjoyed, Arnav and Khushi stood at a corner, aloof from the whole set-up. 

"Come on guys.. You both look so perfect together! Why do you have to act so unromantic?" Arnav's cousin nudged them again, trying to pull them with him to dance.

"NK, please. It's okay," Arnav shoved his hand aside, making him whine. 

"Arnav, why?" a broken voice shook him, as she held his upper arm, looking deeply into his eyes. 

He just shook his head helplessly, walking away from her. 

She breathed out a heavy sigh, looking at him from the corner of her eyes. 

'I wish everything was good between us' this was the thought which kept poking both of them again and again. 

The biggest irony of their relationship was that HATE never existed in between them. They were still in love, the love which was same as it existed at the time of their marriage. But now, after fourteen months of their marriage, the essence of love was hidden somewhere, leading everyone to call the relationship as 'hate'. 

The wisp of love just needed a gush of wind and, for sure, the fire will be ignited again. 

A successful marriage needs the pride and ego to be kept aside - and these two failed in that.

"Chhote, will you please check out Khushiji? I think she's not well.." his sister, Anjali, pointed towards Khushi, who was seen running inside the mansion, covering her mouth with her palm. 

Arnav nodded and followed her, an ounce of concern forming inside him. 

"Khushi?" he knocked the door to the washroom, hearing her throw up in the basin. 

After about a minute, Khushi came out of the washroom, wiping her face with a towel. 

"I didn't knew that thandai contained saffron. I'm allergic to it" she spoke without looking at him, walking towards the exit door. 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"You are asking me if I'm okay? How can I be okay, Arnav? For a girl who is getting divorced in a month, it is impossible for her to be okay. But you won't ever understand this. As if you understood me earlier ever..." she stated, her words depicting her pain.

Hold on, Khushi. Be strong. 

A voice shouted from within her, her mind going numb with the thought of leaving him forever. 

Stop her, please. 

His insides screamed, producing an urge within him to step closer towards her. 

Her heart skipped a beat when she felt him tug her arm and pull her towards him. She looked in his eyes with a confused countenance, trying to search for an answer. 

He grabbed some color from a plate kept nearby, and applied it on her cheek, moving his complete hand on her cheek, making her close her eyes coyly.  

And that was the moment when she felt her cheeks covered with bright-red gulal.. the red that reminded her of the vermilion which she still wore in her hair partition.. the red that reminded her of her wedding dress which she still treasured.. the red that reminded her of the red roses which he gifted to her when it was a month of their marriage.. the red that reminded her of LOVE, which once existed in between them, and maybe still existed..

"I'm tired of all this, Khushi. Let's stop and start everything afresh" he whispered in her ear, his husky voice shuddering her.

Khushi's eyes refused to blink. She refused to believe that it was not a dream.. a happy dream. 

She turned her back towards him, a chaos of emotions engulfing her. Shoving off all the thoughts, she just fisted some color and applied it slowly on his face, smiling an acknowledged smile. 

"I don't want to go, Arnav. Please stop me..." she cried, bunching his kurta in her little palm. 

"You won't go anywhere.. I promise" he simpered, taking her lips in a desperate kiss. 

"Happy Holi" he mumbled on her lips. 

"Happy Holi" she replied, deepening the kiss.

A relationship doesn't need you to be perfect, it just needs you to be understanding. When you accept your partner with all the imperfections, the way they really are, the relationship becomes perfect

And when a Milan, a union occurs on the occasion of Holi, which is itself meant to join hearts together, then it has to last for ever.. 

Do like and comment :)
Thanks for reading! Hug

Edited by -SanjanaSobti- - 08 May 2015 at 12:14pm

The following 255 member(s) liked the above post:

sudumonsini#81LoveArhiForeverfriendshrezenith.sky2vanesha230awsomechokrichinnimunniprincessep13Lipismaniraniushaflyingranee1503murkalmoni16noblysprismile10000lexie123neeveesow420neena2000mtmrfaliahayseshivi.Snigdha92MitaliMondalphyzunaishaPaaruSBAlishaShreyapra_s.96sandhir_cartoonassubabybutterfly_20minna2000ihtas411ramroumPratibha18rita1015stannus.brathkavimayAUROREsahanamurugeshmkaviVioletFlowerVarsh93gayathri-murali1ksksrsan12raniii2kavyaarshianubabluvirka_luvushvijaarhi_love_boninaj84Jasmine1611bhambarisophiagoodyesha85merry777sravanthi93fanfollowerammyicycoolbhavs_gid03dvmcjSuper.womansydycutie13anamika00dikshitamehtaprincesssarahCrazyAbtTV18rosalinda92tasmineluvipkknd4everaastha150597Khuarvos112801Arhi87brinnysandystarz19abcdefg1234567jbluedayshruthiruchsSwathiarshiinamajarArshifan_priyagatagurukhushwelcomebroeroni-Reader-atheenz95naheThronespanny93anjidesena6test1-BarunTheASR-i_m_arshiyashakrobaajsvg98Happy__Dayspeachygirlina_saahilinlovewithtvkglitter..girl..sarun007ChocolateArshiNilima2016loves_aishumit0905brishti84Anu.nd.MeKeerthiRajkumarAish002Lovelydayfamiya...Champ...arshiipkanaswara93pran28671nikshammavedu80ambi08simplysappiedeepsdspeedWanieAarnavinipooja_sanutanvi_arshiifsaal044nitrit95Rasa23vaishuumpuhanARUSHI_IPKKNDrobinhood008Swaran13daisydee425BroknAngelpopstarshubhanjliBarunz4everthangam100arnavkushiarshishils281DAliceimran78Nimie207pari_goyalsrmirjisagarpatadiaAMAL722abivicky86luvraj4evercute_monaya_fanNatasha08khareshelleyaafanragvir92Srujana7.MaNanhararnavalicepuppyGurveenvandana73arshiadvaysspoorthybewakoofLadkiAbi.Namehak06anjusr06shiv456rakenduvadanaarshi_sarunBombayPonnujessjazzpenny25ravalisharma06IronButterflyspillaSirenMitrasarozzzayana123bs1224sarita_barunMDTharun-ChildOfChrist-Pdrover-MannatshalbiangelshahDhrenuZephyr_57Pinky.RaizadaLily30mahrusweetyArshi67jyothirockzAims.Parii..risha8Javeria3991Aisha1996sasirmissmkcute_sarundieforasrFriedricejiincarnadineLaters_BabypiaviviandsenaSona257EchTeephillips_2909stg1bhaktiiicute00ishpixi_nightingalzaniaxzafimandy15lara3110xBabyAngelxsmantinsel-afsha-LotusPetalsArjuhisisangeldream14laksh65snoopy84rulamaBreath-MarkIdioTinTinpup03-Roshini-ranogillBarunAdmirerorion23Happytwinklenishu_shornasirimiriAlone111hotchic2Cupcake.Magpie_ShiningHeartsT.Perusadhnasoumya-QueenlyChitra-Arshi.Sugi.IPKWildestDreamsRajiSobtianLeprechaun

-SanjanaSobti- IF-Rockerz
-SanjanaSobti-
-SanjanaSobti-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Come, join in my happiness Embarrassed 

It's the first time for me to participate in some contest and the award for Runner Up is really something very big for me Big smile 

Edited by -SanjanaSobti- - 08 May 2015 at 12:13pm

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeshruthiruchsshakrobaajsvg98Sakhi2013Aish002...Champ...mit0905..strawberry..ChocolateArshianeraAishu136popstarNatasha08khareshelleymehak06ravalisharma06sarita_barunPdrover-MannatshalbiDhrenuLily30Zephyr_57Aisha1996dieforasrjyothirockzcute_sarunbubulswtstg1EchTeeLaters_BabyBarunAdmirernishu_shornapup03hotchic2Cupcake.ShiningHearts-QueenlyChitra-RajiSobtian

Javeria3991 IF-Rockerz
Javeria3991
Javeria3991

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
awesome one shot. 
congratulations!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SanjanaSobti-

Sakhi2013 Goldie
Sakhi2013
Sakhi2013

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
RES

THANKS FORPM

Clap Clap ClapClap 

-SanjanaSobti-

hotchic2 IF-Sizzlerz
hotchic2
hotchic2

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
RES

SmileWill unres soon!

...unres...

I really have been waiting for you to post this OS after the contest so that i could finally and freely have my say about this breath-taking piece.Big smile

And mind my words, you really nailed it girl from the beginning to the end. Clap

Initially i was a li'l saddened but as the shot progressed, i sighed a relief. But i wonder what lead them to Divorce though they were actually reluctant. Small fights can't be a logical reason to end a relationship. Ouch

Anyways,

I loved how you portrayed their characters Jana. They had been keeping up the facade of a happy couple in front of everyone for long when they weren't. They were going through a turmoil. They were reluctant to leave each other and get separated but weren't ready to get obvious of the fact...the fact that they still love each other even after the fourteen months of their marriage that included various arguments and fights.

Because they were meant to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading itEmbarrassed You better take my advice seriously...abandoning your FF(s) for a while, you should concentrate on writing OS(s) often. I love them.

P.S. Congratz. The award deserves you onlyHugCool

LOVE,
VaniyaBig smile

Edited by .MissStubborn. - 09 May 2015 at 12:30pm

-SanjanaSobti-

BroknAngel Goldie
BroknAngel
BroknAngel

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Unique one. Congrats fr d award