Will Deepika gain a lot from Piku? Or will flop miserably? - Page 5

Posted: 8 years ago
@Arsal- If you have decided to disregard DP's best works at any cost then you can add Katrina and Sonam to your list as well. Doesn't matter
The only thing left for me to say is that you have very different taste or judgement than me when it comes to acting..so enjoy your favourites..I'm too satisfied (watched Piku today) to argue about DP's acting capability today
Collections fade but good body of work remains in people's minds. Deepika had a fantastic 2013 with four massive hits to her credit, box-office wise she's earned plenty of accolades. So she's already been there and done that.. So now as a fan and a well-wisher, i just want her to do critically acclaimed roles like Piku, have a decent filmography which will be always remembered by the gen next.. 
Originally posted by -Arsal-

I am sorry but Deepika is nowhere near the ones I mentioned. Add Kareena to the list as well.

Priyanka. Barfi, Fashion, Aatiraaz, Mary Kom.
Vidya. Paa, Kahani, TDP, Ishqiya. Very good in SKSE too (the script sucked)
Kareena. Omkara, JWM, EMUET and Talaash.
Kagana. Fashion, Queen, Tanu Weds Manu, Woh Lamhe.

Name one performance of Deepika's that comes even close to the ones above?? Her best which is Karthik Calling Karthik fails spectacularly to match up to the performances other have pulled above. Even though I liked her in it, the only time in career I admit. She has no standout performance to match these above, same is the case with Anushka though, I will give you that.

Coming to Ansuhka. Yes she inst in the above leagues as well of now, but with PK, NH10 and BV( it is looking fantastic and Anushka is pawing Ranbir in the trailers) she might just end up there. Have you seen NH10; it was a thriller with elements of action involved and see pulled it off extremely well.

As for your ratings;
There is noway, no freaking way that DP is beating PC and Kagana when it comes to acting. Be it in any genre.
And actually Deepika is the one whose dialogue delivery is the worst. Kangana can get out of hands in some movies but she is bang on most of the times. See Fashion, Queen, TWM to get my point.

I am surprised that you added EMUET, Tanu Weds Manu and Woh Lamhe in the same list as others. Deepika's had cocktail where she stole the show from everyone and now i can proudly add piku to the list.
Originally posted by hermione82

@Arsal- If you have decided to disregard DP's best works at any cost then you can add Katrina and Sonam to your list as well. Doesn't matter
The only thing left for me to say is that you have very different taste or judgement than me when it comes to acting..so enjoy your favourites..I'm too satisfied (watched Piku today) to argue about DP's acting capability today

So basically what you are saying is that you have no argument. Okay.😆😆

And no I didn't put Soman and Kat in there because they are beyond mediocre at acting. And you can call be a fan of Katrina's of sorts. Still doesn't stop me from calling things as they are.

And what work are you talking about?? Please list some that matches or even comes close to the ones I have listed above.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago

Kood-faand kardi ai

Chhalaang maardi ai

Dikhdi nahi relaxing
Originally posted by ramyarn

I followed almost all reviews of FF and not even the most unbiased critics criticised DP's performance in FF. The film underperformed at bollywood, it doesn't mean that it was a bad film, A niche film like FF was not meant for everyone but it was critically acclaimed.

@Ramyarn Finding fanny was abstract for most the people. So I understand it didn't worked. But its ridiculous to put Piku in the same bracket by the people who even haven't watched it. Its very very entertaining to begin with. Whoever has watched it movie has praised for it only. At the most people said its bit slow or someone in IF said Piku is average but not beyond that. But none have completely dissed it so far..At least people can watch it before being judgemental.

@Ramyarn Finding fanny was abstract for most the people. So I understand it didn't worked. But its ridiculous to put Piku in the same bracket by the people who even haven't watched it. Its very very entertaining to begin with. Whoever has watched it movie has praised for it only. At the most people said its bit slow or someone in IF said Piku is average but not beyond that. But none have completely dissed it so far..At least people can watch it before being judgemental.
Frankly, I was one of Deepika fans who only love her persona and beauty but not her acting skill. For me, shes average actress and far from good in acting ( I love Tabu, Karisma & Aish acting skill). But, Piku changed my mind about Deepika acting skill. She is Piku and totally Piku herself.

If this post is directed at me that its funny.

Becuase I haven't said a word against Piku till now. Nor anything of Deepika's performance in it.
Originally posted by -Arsal-

So basically what you are saying is that you have no argument. Okay.😆😆

And no I didn't put Soman and Kat in there because they are beyond mediocre at acting. And you can call be a fan of Katrina's of sorts. Still doesn't stop me from calling things as they are.

And what work are you talking about?? Please list some that matches or even comes close to the ones I have listed above.

No I don't have any argument because you haven't seen piku still you have tons of argument about Deepika's acting in that movie..What the point in arguing when you have prepared your mind to disregard?
Anyway I consider Cocktail, Chennai Express and Piku to be DP's best work till date. YJHD,KCK is in the league of EKAET, Queen, Omkara.
As mentioned earlier, PCs performance in Barfi is way above anything where PC was not PC but jhilmil. Mary Com - physically she has transformed in to Mary but acting wise she was inconsistent.
DP and Anu can certainly be in the same bracket for now. Kangana was great in those scenes of fashion where she didn't opened her mouth. Woh lamhe was very good for a newcomer. I find queen extremely overrated.
Btw Vidya is Vidya and Kareena is Kareena. I dont dare to put DP over them
going by the reviews..dips will gain if it bombs.