Will Deepika gain a lot from Piku? Or will flop miserably? - Page 4

Posted: 8 years ago
Its a very good movie something very different.
It will be a blockbuster.

Deepika will take home all awards this year
Originally posted by cougarTown

I have ample amount of respect for deepika's work
Piku is another milestone

Easily the best actress from the current generation

Others are far behind

i didnt commented in this thread yesterday
I am her fan but I certainly didnt thought her as the best actress of recent time
after watching piku i dont have any more doubt
she is truly the number 1 actress with best acting skill
she was piku not deepika..so natural and effortless
Piku has delivered for Deepika, now box office fate doesn't matter .

She has managed to :
1) Top Anushka's  in NH10
2) Given a tough competition to Kangana , now pressure is on Kangy to deliver in TWM
3) Re-established the fact that her success in 2014 wasn't fluke.
and biggest feat is to stand in front of Sr B and Irfan and still manage to steal the show

This is coming from a DP non fan !!!
I hope she does gain a lot. From the promos I've seen and reviews I've read, it looks like this will be one of her best films.
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Deepika is the best actress working currently.🤣🤣🤣

Oh my days! The things you hear.

just watch piku without your tinted glass
you will enjoy the movie and DP's performance

after Piku, I love Deepika more as an actress than her off screen persona. Shes beautiful but her acting skill in Piku made me fall in love with Piku herself.

Originally posted by hermione82

just watch piku without your tinted glass
you will enjoy the movie and DP's performance

Yes, the same was said after FFF and we all know how bad it turned out to be. No to mention Deepika's cringe-worthy portrayal with that horrible accent.

And do you really think she is better than;
Anushka.
Priyanka.
Vidya.
Kangana.

Do you??

Yes, the same was said after FFF and we all know how bad it turned out to be. No to mention Deepika's cringe-worthy portrayal with that horrible accent.

Anushka.
Priyanka.
Vidya.
Kangana.

Do you??

Honestly Piku nothing like FF at all
Its genuinely good movie with lot of heart
The actresses name you have mentioned have their own strength and weaknesses. It difficult to say who is better than whom in terms of acting specially when none of these women are jack of all trades(nobody really is except a few Meryl Streep or Sridevi here and there) ..
Also there's one movie which defines an actress like DP had cocktail, PC has Barfi, Kangana has Queen, Anu has NH10 and Vidya has multiple Kahani, Dirty picture, Isqiya.. Can you compare Barfi with Kahani or BBB or Piku? I cant...
For me Vidya is better actor than anyone else in the list but she is not a mainstream actress now.
Barfi is the most difficult character played by any female actor in recent time but PC is inconsistent for me. In mary com she was good in parts but sometimes she was PC not mary com.
Kangana emotes very well and does comedy and drama with elan. But she has the most pathetic dialog delivery of the lot.
Anu was too good in N10 and BBB. She is very natural in drama. But after watching Piku I would put DP and Anu in the same bracket at per terms of acting. Natural doesnt mean you have to be bubbly, if someone portrays a restrained character effortlessly that can be natural too and DP has done the same thing in Piku...
So over all for me, Vidya> DP, Anu>PC>Kangana

Anushka.
Priyanka.
Vidya.
Kangana.

Do you??
I followed almost all reviews of FF and not even the most unbiased  critics criticised DP's performance in FF. The film underperformed at bollywood, it doesn't mean that it was a bad film, A niche film like FF was not meant for everyone but it was critically acclaimed.

Originally posted by hermione82

Honestly Piku nothing like FF at all
Its genuinely good movie with lot of heart
The actresses name you have mentioned have their own strength and weaknesses. It difficult to say who is better than whom in terms of acting specially when none of these women are jack of all trades(nobody really is except a few Meryl Streep or Sridevi here and there) ..
Also there's one movie which defines an actress like DP had cocktail, PC has Barfi, Kangana has Queen, Anu has NH10 and Vidya has multiple Kahani, Dirty picture, Isqiya.. Can you compare Barfi with Kahani or BBB or Piku? I cant...
For me Vidya is better actor than anyone else in the list but she is not a mainstream actress now.
Barfi is the most difficult character played by any female actor in recent time but PC is inconsistent for me. In mary com she was good in parts but sometimes she was PC not mary com.
Kangana emotes very well and does comedy and drama with elan. But she has the most pathetic dialog delivery of the lot.
Anu was too good in N10 and BBB. She is very natural in drama. But after watching Piku I would put DP and Anu in the same bracket at per terms of acting. Natural doesnt mean you have to be bubbly, if someone portrays a restrained character effortlessly that can be natural too and DP has done the same thing in Piku...
So over all for me, Vidya> DP, Anu>PC>Kangana

I am sorry but Deepika is nowhere near the ones I mentioned. Add Kareena to the list as well.

Priyanka. Barfi, Fashion, Aatiraaz, Mary Kom.
Vidya. Paa, Kahani, TDP, Ishqiya. Very good in SKSE too (the script sucked)
Kareena. Omkara, JWM, EMUET and Talaash.
Kagana. Fashion, Queen, Tanu Weds Manu, Woh Lamhe.

Name one performance of Deepika's that comes even close to the ones above?? Her best which is Karthik Calling Karthik fails spectacularly to match up to the performances other have pulled above. Even though I liked her in it, the only time in career I admit. She has no standout performance to match these above, same is the case with Anushka though, I will give you that.

Coming to Ansuhka. Yes she inst in the above leagues as well of now, but with PK, NH10 and BV( it is looking fantastic and Anushka is pawing Ranbir in the trailers) she might just end up there. Have you seen NH10; it was a thriller with elements of action involved and see pulled it off extremely well.

As for your ratings;
There is noway, no freaking way that DP is beating PC and Kagana when it comes to acting. Be it in any genre.
And actually Deepika is the one whose dialogue delivery is the worst. Kangana can get out of hands in some movies but she is bang on most of the times. See Fashion, Queen, TWM to get my point.

Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago