India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Fahad Mustafa quits dramas; Starts shoot for BW film in Oct 2015

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:49am | IP Logged

We've seen Fahad Mustafa slip into the skin of many different characters, charge up a live audience with zeal and woo viewers by becoming the next big film star.

Now the actor has convinced producers across the border of his talent and will be giving Indian audiences a taste of what he showed us in his debut film, Na Maloom Afraad.

Speaking to Dawn.com, Fahad revealed that he'll soon be heading to India for his Bollywood debut: "I am currently working on Mah-e-Meer and will be going to India for another film. It'll start shooting in the last quarter of this year, probably around September or October. I'll be releasing more details very soon," he said.

The actor, who enjoys a huge fan following owing to his prolific TV career, will be seen playing the role of Urdu poet Meer Taqi Meer in Anjum Shehzad's directorial debut.

I am not leaving drama industry for good

In the recent past there's been much speculation that Doosri Biwi would be Fahad's last drama. Fahad decided to clear the air:

"I fail to understand why people are bidding me farewell. Yes, I will not be doing dramas for a while but it's not like I am leaving the industry for good! I don't have any dramas lined up for at least a year but if something good comes my way, I won't mind doing it," he said, expressing his amusement at the hullabaloo.

Fahad Mustafa played the role of a husband caught up between his two wives in 'Doosri Biwi'." Courtesy photo

"Let's be realistic. I don't want to be a drama actor for the rest of my life and I want to explore new avenues right now. But if nothing works out, then I will be acting in dramas too. I am producing some right now; I have only taken a break from acting in them," he added.

The Mah of Mah-e-Meer will rise between two Eids

Following the buzz created by Mah-e-Meer's trailer last year, Fahad's fans have been anticipating the film's release.

"We planned to release the film on Eid, but given that so many films are coming out, we decided to release it sometime between Eidul Fitr and Eidul Azha. We want all films to do well," Fahad offered pragmatically.

He also mentioned that Mah-e-Meer has already been signed up for the film festival circuit; it will be presented in four international film festivals in Cannes, Toronto, Pune and Germany.

Playing the role of a contemporary poet as well as that of Meer, Fahad reads from a collection." Publicity photo

The film, which boasts actors like Iman Ali, Sanam Saeed, Manzar Sehbai and Alyy Khan, is a fresh biographical take on Meer Taqi Meer and is penned by popular writer Sermad Sehbai.

Na Maloom Afraad, now in Germany

Speaking about the success of Na Maloom Afraad, which is still running in cinemas, Fahad mentioned that the film was screened at Indian Munster Film Festival held in Germany recently.

Also read: 'Dukhtar' and 'Na Maloom Afraad' to be screened at international film festival

Na Maloom Afraad was not only well-received in Pakistan, but the film was also showcased in different international festivals including Toronto International Film Festival last year.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1180760/i-dont-want-to-be-a-drama-actor-for-the-rest-of-my-life-fahad-mustafa

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zona.ABBY_JERAN

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:00am | IP Logged
I m sooo happy for fahad

I m so thankful he is not quitting dramas doe good and if he wants to give time to films better he does bollywood instead coz in the so called revamp of lollywood i m not liking any of the upcoming movie trailers except ho mann jaha and bin roye

So if he really wants to mk it to movies bollywood is way better option than lollywood

And thank goodness he is not quitting dramas

Pak dramas has a charm of its own which cant be compensated with either bollywood or lollywood

I m so hopeful that he does star with sanam baloch in mehreen jabbars show

All the best for him

I hv always considered fahad at par with fawad and imran abbas stardom and i m so glad he is going for the kill
zona. IF-Rockerz
zona.
zona.

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:29am | IP Logged
I'm so happy that I'll not see him very often in dramas LOL
zona. IF-Rockerz
zona.
zona.

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged
All the best fahad for ur films and upcoming projects... Hope u get success Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ABBY_JERAN

desigrl414 Goldie
desigrl414
desigrl414

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:41am | IP Logged
He's a great actor! I hope he gets the recognition he deserves!
-FreeLancer- IF-Stunnerz
-FreeLancer-
-FreeLancer-

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:59am | IP Logged
so much for fawad getting so much heat and being called out for god knows what all stuff, when so many have followed suit and opted for or vied for BW movies after him..he almost seems to have opened BW up for his fellow colleagues too
as for fahad - what BW movie has he bagged? any idea shreya?

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hiral_Halwa

so much for fawad getting so much heat and being called out for god knows what all stuff, when so many have followed suit and opted for or vied for BW movies after him..he almost seems to have opened BW up for his fellow colleagues too
as for fahad - what BW movie has he bagged? any idea shreya?

fahad said he will let us know the details later as shoot starts after 6 months..

So still long way to go 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-FreeLancer-

.Sunrise. Senior Member
.Sunrise.
.Sunrise.

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:20am | IP Logged
which BW movie is he doing ?
I hope the movie is good and doesn't disappoint like Fawads Khoobsurat :/

Go to top