Posted: 8 years ago
Salman is a muslim (at least by name) and the victim family is also muslim. So why cant Salman pay blood money when that is clearly what the victims family want?
W*F? That is not fair. I thought in a 'secular' country at least people would be allowed to live their lives according to their religion.
Originally posted by Resident_Evil

W*F? That is not fair. I thought in a 'secular' country at least people would be allowed to live their lives according to their religion.

The family law is according to one's religion... but not criminal law...
Originally posted by Resident_Evil

so that the rich could buy anyone's life or death?😕
Sorry to disappoint you, but we are a secular and democratic country, and not any Muslim majority country where minorities have basically no rights... Here criminals are prosecuted according to the law and not by religion... jisko problem hai doosre desh chale jayo! 
Originally posted by rits08

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are a secular and democratic country, and not any Muslim majority country where minorities have basically no rights... Here criminals are prosecuted according to the law and not by religion... jisko problem hai doosre desh chale jayo! 

I agree with you rits that money can't buy the value of a life. However, in this case, I just feel that he might as well give them some money because the victims specifically said they are in need and will accept the money. Just based on the victims' families words, I am thinking this.

Ideally, yes the criminal should be punished but that's not happening.
Originally posted by ChemistryMajor

I agree with you rits that money can't buy the value of a life. However, in this case, I just feel that he might as well give them some money because the victims specifically said they are in need and will accept the money. Just based on the victims' families words, I am thinking this.

Ideally, yes the criminal should be punished but that's not happening.

I think the court should have asked him to pay some compensation along with 5yrs sentence...  Agreed the victims need money, but once d court allows blood money, there will be no stopping.. Rich and influential will always get away with anything just by paying...and if the victim is not ready for compensation, its highly likely these people can intimidate them into taking compensation and ending the case!
blood money is a SICK concept! glad India is not practicing prehistoric shit even if there r stupid loopholes in law that r being abused!
How can human life be equaled to money which basically says that if u have money go ahead and kill cz u can of course pay money and everything gets settled!
Originally posted by rits08

Hmmm..so you are saying that India is a democratic and secular country where minority have rights. Yet minorities are not allowed to live according to their religion. Fascinating. 

And that "jisko problem hai doosre desh chale jayo" line is straight out of the Sadhvi Prachi handbook of hatred. 
Originally posted by princessunara

blood money is a SICK concept! glad India is not practicing prehistoric shit even if there r stupid loopholes in law that r being abused!
How can human life be equaled to money which basically says that if u have money go ahead and kill cz u can of course pay money and everything gets settled!

I agree with the "How can human life be equaled to money" concept. Thats why it is not compulsory to take blood money. The other party can refuse and demand death for a murder. 

In this case it seems that the other party might be okay with blood money, but in this hullabaloo nobody is even thinking of them or talking about what they want. 
@resident evil
I have no idea of this diyaa concept ; So if I kill , how much money would I have to pay?